$125 Tarot ZYX-M Flight Control - Had to try it.

I can't wait to get into it. Right now, with work and school it might be a little while before I start plugging things in. In the mean time, I'm watching this thread and the one on RCG to see what issues folks are coming up with. On another note, anyone have a set of Tarot 680 Pro folding landing gear mounts they don't need? One of mine has a broken clip.

TommyJW

I've heard many quality control issues with these units from several sources. Since they resemble the Naza line so closely and their flight control software is so similar, I wonder if Tarot doesn't buy DJI quality control rejects and re-brands them.

Stu

1st post. i built the tarot 650 sport and zyx-m with osd. ready to hook up to the comp and my only other experience is with cc3d birds which are a breeze. thats because there were several videos on you tube showing the screen of the downloader who talked us through the process step by step. i can't find any english speaking vids on the programing of zyx-m. there is one video of guy who speaks some other language skimming through the process.

it would help folks like me to be able to see the steps before actually plugging in and venturing forward blindly wonder how things will turn out...lol. i'v read the instruction manuel many times and will go ahead and experiment. hoping you all here may know of a zyx-m video.

thanks,stu

Stacky

I got one of these just before xmas but am not having much luck getting it tuned in.
I started with the default gain settings they recommended but my quad squirrels around the same way other FC's do when the gains are too high so I started to lower them bit by bit. All that happened then was the quad become more sluggish but still with the squirrly oscillations.
I have checked and redone the radio calibration, checked everything on the GUI relative to the FC and as far as I can tell it all looks good.
I am testing it first in manual mode, wont try GPS till I get that and attitude mode dialed in. With respect to Attitude mode when I switch to that the quad just keeps climbing rather than holding altitude and if I lower the throttle it still keeps climbing so I switch to manual mode and bring it down.
I have checked how the FC is mounted and have it mounted as they suggest.
The bits that i am finding confusing are that there is basic gains and attitude gains. As others have mentioned limited information available. Are the vertical gains related to the altitude hold in Attitude mode?
Thanks

I got one of these just before xmas but am not having much luck getting it tuned in.
I started with the default gain settings they recommended but my quad squirrels around the same way other FC's do when the gains are too high so I started to lower them bit by bit. All that happened then was the quad become more sluggish but still with the squirrly oscillations.
I have checked and redone the radio calibration, checked everything on the GUI relative to the FC and as far as I can tell it all looks good.
I am testing it first in manual mode, wont try GPS till I get that and attitude mode dialed in. With respect to Attitude mode when I switch to that the quad just keeps climbing rather than holding altitude and if I lower the throttle it still keeps climbing so I switch to manual mode and bring it down.
I have checked how the FC is mounted and have it mounted as they suggest.
The bits that i am finding confusing are that there is basic gains and attitude gains. As others have mentioned limited information available. Are the vertical gains related to the altitude hold in Attitude mode?
Thanks

I had a bunch of problems with this controller. I so wished that it would work. One thing that I noticed is that some things are mislabeled in the software. Too much money invested for me to take chances.

With that said... Be sure that you have the IOC off. Don't go by the software. Double check with the led pattern. I also noticed that when I turned on the motors sometimes they would over rev like it was going to take off on it's own. I would level my throttle below center and still would have that issue. If you email Tarot they will contact you back fairly promptly. sales@tarot-rc.com

Hope that you have better luck with it!

Stu

first flight are flying real nice and gps hold . have had a few issues with the throttle hold above 15% switch programed to the dx9. if you forget to turn it off and land,the motors adjust when touching down and flipped the quad . this is pilot error but i can say the zyx-m is performing great so far. i just am sad many reports are the tarot company are not going forward with future programing improvements. we shall see......

Stu

here a vid fpving and the tarot osd screen.

winy day of 15+mph with gusts to 25mph. help gps hover rock solid. on this day i crashed the sport causing minor damage do to panic. i was flying the last flight fpv with the googles on and decided to land los. i removed my goggles while flying down wind and the day light and speed caused me to over control and hit a berm drainage bump in the landing area. all repaired and ready to go once i return home from vacation. the video quality is what the vcr from hobby king records. it is just there to record direction and in case i crash i can replay the vid to find the sport more easily. the view on the screen is 100% better and the fatshark goggles were glitch free using the boscam 32 channel tx and rx on the ground station. using 2 rx's anfd eagle eyes diversity.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtnmanfpv

Received my zyx-m friday. been pulling my hair out trying to set it up. In the assistant software, I cannot get the assistant to connect with the FCB. I've got everything wired correctly, everything is connected. I notice that the gps puck has a little red led under the dome, so I know it's got power. Rx has power. My laptop reacts when I plug in the usb interface, so I know the usb connection is secure. but when I try to "connect" with the button in the upper right corner of the assistant dashboard, nothing happens. The "choose port" is inactive as well. I can page through the assistant, change values, set things up, but when I try to "enter" values or try to "write flash" nothing happens. Everything seems OK, but the assistant software just isn't talking to the control unit. I even deleted the software, and then re-dld from Tarot web site. no change. anybody else ever hear about anything crazy like this?

mtnmanfpv

UPDATE
Tried to connect again between my laptop and the ZYX-M through the USB interface and there is no reaction from my laptop at all. The assistant software still won't connect through the interface unit, even with different cables. Now I'm wondering if I might have received a bad USB interface. Just my luck.

There may be a special driver that you need to download for it to work. Not saying that's it but it's common to need a driver to communicate with the GUI.

mtnmanfpv

Possibly. Some drivers were downloaded with the package of files from the Tarot website. for what it's worth. I did hear back from sales@tarot-rc.com., but he just asked if I was using Win 7 or 10. I told him I'm using Win 8.1 . No further response yet.

Racheed

I put this Tarot on a brand new build earlier this year., Flew great for the first three months. Then one afternoon the IMU must of locked up and I was getting an error "GPS C". Plenty of sats and power finally put it into RTL mode. It is now on a five year mission exploring the bottom of S.F. bay. Top of the line motors (KDE), frame (Vulcan) and video all lost. The controller was the weak link