$125 Tarot ZYX-M Flight Control - Had to try it.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok, to say I'm a multi rotor addict is well.. simply the truth. And I try to stay onto of new gear and developments. Well I had heard about the Tarot ZYX-M flight control a while back but decided for once not to be the beta tester. But after hearing from a well respected friend that the unit flew somewhere between a WKM and an A2, my interest was peaked. A quick eyeball on Ebay found that the entire unit ready to go was $125.. well that was it.. order placed.

It showed up today and I have to say.. I'M IMPRESSED.

Metal cases! Quality looking components! SO first impressions are GOOD!

In the next few days, I'll be stripping of a SuperX from my Vulcan tester rig and bolting on the Taron XYZ-M flight control and will report back. If my friend is right, there may be a new house in the race fellas!

Let's tale a look...

From the Tarot Website:

Change the flight experience of the flight control equipment
Tarot ZYX-M flight control set a number of new technology in one, simplifying the complex process of miscellaneous debug operations, redefining the flight, bringing the minimalist nature of the operation.
Because it is, the way the scenery flying ever closer.

And you close reinvention of the operating experience
Intelligent flight control this is to enhance flight experience was born, ZYX-M even more so. Through advanced INS intelligent solver and navigation controls interaction algorithm, so that the aircraft can have both stability and maneuverability. You can according to their needs, set the aircraft in assistant software in pitch, roll and yaw characteristics, arbitrary design specific to your flight feel.

For flight safety, more comprehensive than you think
Tarot ZYX-M multi-axis flight control for your aircraft well aware, for safety, it is more comprehensive than you'd like, multiple abnormal state can provide protection, but also timely to remind you to appropriate action in the event of unusual circumstances. Including setting flight range and no-fly zones and other protection, so that the aircraft in flight time and smooth in the controllable range.

Main Controller master:
32-bit processor with powerful computing capabilities.
Built-in sensors shock absorption, superior seismic capacity.
Full Metal Jacket, to provide comprehensive protection.
Dual S-BUS receiver
Double DSM satellite receiver, remote control and reliable guarantee.
Exclusive PTZ control interface directly control TAROT new head.

Features:
It supports up to nine aircraft types, plus 3 server output, more scalable.
View attachment 25083
GPS speed mode under precise controlled flight speed:
Under GPS speed mode, flight speed completely proportional to the amount rocker, real fixed speed flight; rising and falling speed is proportional to the amount of the throttle lever does not appear unexpected rapid rise and fall.
Uncontrolled return, a return key:
When the remote control signal is lost, the aircraft can take off point is automatically returned to land safely; you can also toggle the remote control switch remote control signal to trigger the automatic return to normal when landing.

-Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) and points of interest surrounding the (POI)

-Intelligent undercarriage features:
With this function enabled, the landing gear will not accidentally stowed on the ground; (such as automatic landing, etc.) are automatically put down in case of emergency
Landing gear; after flying height of more than 5m retractable landing gear and down through the switch.

- Powerful flight range and no-fly zone protection:
In the GPS speed mode, the aircraft will not fly out of the scope of protection set; in the other modes, once flying out of the scope of protection, immediately trigger the automatic return; within the no-fly zone near the airport, the aircraft's flight altitude and range is strictly limit.
Broken oar protection (aircraft and six or more axes)
And aircraft above a six-axis, when one of the motor or propeller is not working properly, the aircraft can fly, or guarantee the normal attitude control, not the crashes.

My unit:

Box:
View attachment 25076

Box open:
View attachment 25077

IMU (Metal case)
View attachment 25078

PMU (metal case)
View attachment 25079

LED (Metal Case)
View attachment 25080

USB Interface:
View attachment 25081

GPS Puck:
View attachment 25082

I have a few other projects going on, but I'll be reporting back once in a while on how this unit works, how the GUI operates and what I think of the product over all.

But for $125 Holler, my expectations were low, so just seeing the quality of the parts has already blown me away... More to come!

Attachments

• IMG_2973.JPG
    IMG_2973.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,034
  • IMG_2974.JPG
    IMG_2974.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 880
  • IMG_2975.JPG
    IMG_2975.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_2976.JPG
    IMG_2976.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_2977.JPG
    IMG_2977.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 826
  • IMG_2978.JPG
    IMG_2978.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_2979.JPG
    IMG_2979.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 920
  • 2300cf96-1fc6-4119-ac98-1a7089a10c76.jpg
    2300cf96-1fc6-4119-ac98-1a7089a10c76.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 982

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Very curious to see how you make out.

While this is clearly a very low price for a full-featured unit, I think I'd pay a bit more, if it helped them to hire someone to write the copy. I literally have NO idea what that description means :)

Good find @SleepyC !!!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
SO my friend Tom posted this video... (He's the guy who said that the unit is not bad at all)

SO..... UM..... DANG SON!!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
@SleepyC

Not to get this too off track here, but since you referenced both controllers, I'm wondering if you could describe the differences between the WKM and the A2.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
@SleepyC

Not to get this too off track here, but since you referenced both controllers, I'm wondering if you could describe the differences between the WKM and the A2.

A2 for me is MUCH smoother in GPS mode. Like you can fly an AV shot in GPS. The WKM is nice, but can be choppy in GPS.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I've always thought the same of the Naza vs the superx. Naza seems to fight you - superx always seems to fly naturally and smooth.

Looking forward to hearing your impressions about this FC. Could be a cool alternative for freeing up some of the more expensive controllers I have on other craft.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hmm....i wonder if they'll make an interface for their gimbals next so that the two work together to improve gimbal performance

i also wonder if this is a sign that the NAZA controller is near end-of-life status.....hmmmm

Old Man

All it has to do is function reliably, provide solid control stability, and always come home when it's told to, and have good customer support. Way point navigation would be a bonus. If all of the first four points were in place it would be more than competitive with DJI.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I'm going to make an effort to get to this guy in the next few days. I am downloading the software right now...
Looking forward to this.

Old Man

Not intending to misdirect but have any of you tried the Eagle Tree Vector yet? It's working out pretty well on an 810. Way point navigation looks to be on the near horizon and the OSD is outstanding.