$125 Tarot ZYX-M Flight Control - Had to try it.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
The manual is kind of hard to find so my friend Tom sent it to me, and I'm going to post it here: (Attached PDF)

Attachments

• ZYX_M_Manual_EN.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 556

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I tried the Vector. I found it overly complicated (could have been the single manual for 3 very different types of craft) and I didn't appreciate having to have my monitor on to do the basic settings.

But that was early on. Not sure what they've done in the more recent updates.

@SleepyC looking good!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well not a great start. Looks like th 5V side of my PMU is dead. I pulled out a 5V reg I had and plugged it into the main FC and it powered up. BUT only after I removed all of my receiver inputs. I spoke to my friend and he had NONE of these issues... so I guess my luck continues! :(

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Well sorry guys, this will be on hold. AS my luck would have it, I have a BAD PMU. The eBay seller was nice enough to say "Send me the bad one, and I'll send a good one once we get the bad one." SO.. That's gonna be a few weeks I am thinking.

My friend has 4 of them, and his all work, so i think this is just a case of "Sleepy's black cloud of luck". I need to get some sage and find a shaman!

GotHeliRC

http://gothelirc.com
Hey Sleepy.

I can send you a brand new unit at our cost if you're willing to do update for everyone here and a build video for us and have our logo on it.

:)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Hey Sleepy.

I can send you a brand new unit at our cost if you're willing to do update for everyone here and a build video for us and have our logo on it.

:)
@GotHeliRC that would be great. I think quite a few people would benefit from it. I'd be happy to send you this unit if you can do a manuf. return.
Let me know!
SC

WildWillie

Build, Fly, Crash, Cry, Hide it from your wife.
I am just waiting for my GPS mount and jst plugs to come in to finish my RC Timer AC-BEE 470 build. When I am done with that I will need all your help to program the flight controller.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys.. thanks to our friends at GotHeliRC I'm back on track. I'll be sending them my bad unit and I received a new unit today. And BAM, it worked just as it should! Set up was completely easy, and if you have used the DJi Naza /WKM/A2 GUI then the Tarot will be very familiar. I'm starting with the recommended settings for the Tarot X4 quad as this one should be around the same weight. If the weather cooperates, i'll be trying to fly tomorrow!

THANKS GotHeliRC for taking care of this!

View attachment 25285 View attachment 25286 View attachment 25287 View attachment 25288

Attachments

• IMG_3131.JPG
    IMG_3131.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_3132.JPG
    IMG_3132.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_3133.JPG
    IMG_3133.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_3134.JPG
    IMG_3134.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 414

jfro

Aerial Fun
I got mine today and my sbus didn't want to work. So I tried hooking up all my channels. Seems to work. Did the motor test and that worked. Set up the channels, took it outside and did the compass calibration dance with apparent success. Left props off and tried tried to understand all the led lights as I booted up a few times. Couldn't get the motors to arm. This is on a quad that's had plenty of flights with other FC's.

Don't have alot of time to mess with it, but will give it a go day after tomorrow. Hoping it's operator error.

From reading of others setups, my rx is working on other rigs... Using the futaba R6208SB RX.

Suggestions welcome.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I used a jst, and mine booted up and I was able to start the motors. Check your throttle direction, mine had to be reversed. Testing tomorrow unless it's raining yet again.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok it has flown. Just a hover small flight in my front yard, but it flew! And it's NOT BAD AT ALL. I think my gains are a little high as it was a slight bit twitchy, but I simply plugged in some "test gains" so I expected some tuning.

The GPS hold is spot on. I did not expect this. It indeed feels like a WKM-ish FC. And I think with a little tuning this guy could be pretty awesome! I'm going to read the manual again and see which direction I need to go with the gains to smooth it out some... But man... For $125 my first impressions are WOW!

Thanks to GotHeliRC for sending the new unit and getting this testing back up and running!

Few pics... (Sorry it's just me, no camera man and my main cameras are all packed up for a job later today so you guys get cell phone shots and video...)

View attachment 25294
View attachment 25295

Just a real quick unedited (read, crappy) cell phone vid of the GPS hold. Pretty impressive!

Attachments

• IMG_3142.JPG
    IMG_3142.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 308

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK got another full flight with slightly lower gain settings and MAN, this Tarot XYZ-M is not bad at all! Found satellites in like 2 min (which smokes my WKM and my SuperX in my front yard) and flew great. Starting to get it dialed in and it seems like a pretty solid Flight Control.
Obviously 2 flights isn't enough to say "OK it's awesome" but I can say with 100% confidance it doesn't feel like a $125 flight control.

I'm going to head out to a buddies to tune my big X8's tomorrow and I'll drag along the Tarot tester, try to get a bunch of flights on it... see how it does after 10 flights... or more. :D