Av8Chuck

Nicely done. You are a brave pilot, that was quite a ways out over the water..

Is that Lake Powell? What camera? You are flying FPV right?

That had a nice look to it.

Anthem

Nicely done. You are a brave pilot, that was quite a ways out over the water..

Is that Lake Powell? What camera? You are flying FPV right?

That had a nice look to it.

Thank you. Brave, No. Insane, Yes. Camera used is a panasonic GH2 hacked with flowmotion v2 patch on an octo.
Yes, flying fpv, Stinger Pro 250mw 5.8ghz TX, Uno RX, IBcrazy Mad Mushroom antenna with iosd mini, the longest range on that flight was around 800 meters.
Composition made it look long.

Anthem

That was a really great video! Very much my kind of thing. Peaceful music and smooth flying!

Keep em coming!

Thank you, its nice to change it up a bit, always learning different styles. I enjoyed your "Need for Speed" & "My House After Sunset" video.
Dji seems to get a bad rap but your Dji setup flys very well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It appears to fly well! Mostly because of the Zenmuse. It has it's niggles of course and I find the S800 quite a fragile looking frame, although it's seen many flights since I got it back in April 2013 without a problem, well, one arm failed a month ago in flight but I just landed and replaced the arm. This year I'll likely go for a Droidworx Skyjib X4 (X8 really) as it seems a tough frame and easy to transport.

On forums we only tend to hear from people having problems. I'm sure there's a million people flying successfully with DJI stuff. I saw lots of professional rigs last year and they all had Wookong in them. And lots of pros use Spektrum gear which people (Futaba people mostly) still whine about for some reason.

I also use the GH2 with Flowmotion hack. Such a great little camera ain't it? What gimbal did you use for that flight?

Anthem

I also use the GH2 with Flowmotion hack. Such a great little camera ain't it? What gimbal did you use for that flight?

Here's a quick pic of my gimbal. I purchased it a year ago on ebay, it doesn't have a company name or model number.
It came with ipower 4006 motors that I replaced with 4008(pitch) and 5208(roll). I would NOT recommend this gimbal.
The GH2 hacked is a great camera at a price point that no one can beat.
View attachment 15453

Attachments

• mm_gimbal_gh2.jpg
    mm_gimbal_gh2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 341

AlexVen

Yodogawa River - Osaka

Hi Everyone,

I shot this video here in Osaka, Japan of a bridge crossing the Yodogawa river. Nothing too exciting, but I am quite pleased with how it turned out. Appreciate any comments you may have especially around post production where I am very much a beginner.

Alex V

Tarrot FY680
ARRIS 3 axis GoPro Gimbal
GoPro Hero 3
2 x 3300mAh

Av8Chuck

I'd be pleased with that too, looks good.

Did you color correct this? It looks like there might be a bit of a vignette which is Ok if that's what your going for. What settings did you use on your GoPro?

AlexVen

Hi Av8Chuck,

I did the post production in Final Cut Pro and yes, I added a vignette. The GoPro was set to 1080, 30fps and Normal FOV.

mike76

hi ,
here a video shoot with a quaternium spydex quad + brushless gimbal + gopro3 BE