hjls3

wee bit of fun this weekend..bit of dust on the sensor for some shots. damn dust..still fun though.

Last edited by a moderator:

KaspInc

Some behind the scenes of our gimbal at work at a few of our jobs this summer.

FerdinandK

@Explorocam,

This is a diy-frame (just 2 22mm CFK tubes with 1m length, and some small centers) the frame has only 250gr, then a S800 landing-skid with secraft retracts underneath, combined/decoupled with tape and lamb-skin.
20130619_153912.jpg

The lens is the 18-50mm at 18mm, the Gimbal is a Zenmuse.

best regards
Ferdinand

ZAxis

@benjamin: yeah it was a pretty good one but unfortunately the british weather meant we couldn't get all the shots and take advantage of the location, maybe next time? hmmmm.
@ Dave: Ha no i haven't downgraded i'm not that desperate! I was cam op on another companies ship.
Lec

SMP

FerdK - You get rockstar FPV Range - You using UHF and 1.3?? Dig the way you fly backwards and use long slow pans ;)

FerdinandK

@SMP
Everything flown with stock 2,4 RC and 5,8 Video 100mW CL/SPW and 4Turn Helix (no Tracker).
UHF and 1,3Ghz Burner draw too much, they bring down my overall efficiency :D

best regards
Ferdinand

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
@SMP
Everything flown with stock 2,4 RC and 5,8 Video 100mW CL/SPW and 4Turn Helix (no Tracker).
UHF and 1,3Ghz Burner draw too much, they bring down my overall efficiency :D

best regards
Ferdinand

Hey Fredinandk,

Wow, Than I know how I'm going to be changing my setup then. 5.8 here I come.
I'm using the HiTec Aurora 9, VTx on 1.3, I have to use a low pass filter on the VTx. I get ok range, but I'v been looking at that radio from FreeSky that's supposed to be coming out soon. Have you heard any good things from this?

Chadfish

Looks like your AR Drone occasionally does what I call "the flip of death". I'd be flying along, and it would just flip out and crash on me, even though I did nothing wrong. That's why I moved on from that to the XP2. Those AR Drone parts are expensive.

tonyh0905

Looks like your AR Drone occasionally does what I call "the flip of death". I'd be flying along, and it would just flip out and crash on me, even though I did nothing wrong. That's why I moved on from that to the XP2. Those AR Drone parts are expensive.

You'r right.....it was the parts bill that finally got me to invest in a DJI F450. ArDrone was great fun, but I think I had reached it's limits.

Chadfish

Just about all of these crashes were due to the AR Drone just stopping the rotors in mid air:

Ok, bearing in mind this is my *third ever* video, here we go - be gentle! :)

First day out with the gimbal, and the weather/light was awful. There is some noticeable flutter due to the damper balls being too soft, but I've fixed that now I think. Total gimbal cost: $230. Video 4 should be notably better.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/G41cpC4Xeto[/video]

The rig:
View attachment 12527

Attachments

• IMG_0341.jpg
    IMG_0341.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 277