Photohigher skyline rsgs

Hi Tppeng,

No actual position signal travels down the servo line which is why they are paired together. That servo line simply activates both servos at the same time. The servos are independently controlled by the "pot" lines. The idea is that the servos are powered by something else that is not connected to the Skyline.

Connect the left plug to your Skyline and the right two plugs to your roll servo and tilt servo.

Oti

nicwilke

Hi Tppeng,

No actual position signal travels down the servo line which is why they are paired together. That servo line simply activates both servos at the same time. The servos are independently controlled by the "pot" lines. The idea is that the servos are powered by something else that is not connected to the Skyline.

Connect the left plug to your Skyline and the right two plugs to your roll servo and tilt servo.

Oti
Oti, I've got my RSGS purchased, but dealer wont release till the FW is release.... Thats fine, but what date are you thinking it will be ready? I am very eager... hehehe.

We're testing it now. Hopefully get it to Beta testers next week and release it around the end of this month. We're putting a lot of effort into a self tuning routine.

Last few days, we've pretty much been making a change in the code, then going for a fly, another change, another fly.

Aviator

We're testing it now. Hopefully get it to Beta testers next week and release it around the end of this month. We're putting a lot of effort into a self tuning routine.

Last few days, we've pretty much been making a change in the code, then going for a fly, another change, another fly.
And the servo jitter? will that be gone also? I expect tuning for most users shouldn`t be a problem? as most of them will have had to tune their flying machines first? and got accustomed to such procedure? It is just using Proportional and Integral on the position and Derivitave gains on the velocity? just a guess? too much D would perhaps cause jitters or high frequency oscillation? I suspect it is probably more complicated than that and pre mixed at a ratio in the firmware to work with slider position? But this will not stop the jitter at present even if you are an expert at tuning?

DennyR

We must all accept the limitations of what this PH gimbal is capable of.

The IMU and the firmware is only a part of the overall package. At best we can only hope for something that will be stable enough to provide raw video that with a small amount of post stabilization will give reasonable results. If you are expecting the same level of performance as the Zen then that is not going to happen. The PH gimbal is made to a price and it simply does not have the structural rigidity, accuracy, balance, and zero backlash drive system. The Zen is made like a swiss watch with CNC machined parts and it's design incorporates the ability to adjust the balance to an extremely fine level in every axis of movement. A small balance change in one axis effects the other two axis. Almost friction free movements. The roll axis on the PH for example cannot be set to achieve this same degree of accuracy. Shake rattle and roll by comparison. So lets be fair to these guys and accept the limitation of what the system offers.

This is hobbyist quality and at best it will satisfy that roll. Watching a Zen run through its initial calibration sequence auto setting vibration and gain levels through a 360x360 all axis movement is something to behold.

I do hope that PH get this sorted as it is a total waste of money as it stands right now, It would be better rigidly mounted.

We love to knock DJI for some of their shortcomings but no other company has brought so many great innovations to the world of UAV filming.

nicwilke

When I switch off tilt I have pretty good control of the roll stabilization but as soon as tilt is there it is very bad with lots of jittering !
Did you wire them up with the loom that PH suggested? Also, this jittering is going to be sorted with the release of the latest firmware in a weeks time.

nicwilke

Hi PH can you please state whether the jitter will be gone with the release of the new firmware? as it is quite noticable during filming? Thanks..
I dont think they they will release the jitter-bug firmware fix if its not going to fix the jitter-bug, it defeats the purpose of fixing the problem doesn't it? HEHEHE.

Aviator

I dont think they they will release the jitter-bug firmware fix if its not going to fix the jitter-bug, it defeats the purpose of fixing the problem doesn't it? HEHEHE.
Well if you read through the posts, it doesn`t say anywhere that the jitter is a problem and will be fixed only that people are not tuning it right? and they are writing into the code, self tuning PID`s

anyvision

me have exactly same problem with connecting to computer, but i tried with 3 computers win7 and xp and no one is working.
when i power on the rsgs its working so hopefully its not the unit. but still no connection to the software.comport open but thats all.
tried now half a day and ****ed up. every help is welcome

nicwilke

Well if you read through the posts, it doesn`t say anywhere that the jitter is a problem and will be fixed only that people are not tuning it right? and they are writing into the code, self tuning PID`s

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude. The jitter problem is what they are sorting out with both FW and the loom diagram.

Aviator is right, they replied to my post and they stated that the problem is that we cant tune it well and that is the reason for jittering !
But hopefully they are going to fix it in the new firmware!