Photohigher skyline rsgs

MultiHexa

Hi George,

yes, I still have the PiclocX3 to the AV 130 and works well on all three axes, except for the temperature drift from time to time. And the skyline, if he does then time must also be tested once. But he still does not work.

GeorgeM

Christian, temperature drift, especially on the PAN axis is resolved with firmware to be released very very soon. Just finalizing and testing it so that it's bulletproof.
Now I shut up!!... and go back to my thread..... but with popcorn watching this one too :)

Hi Swisser,

All LED's on is not good. Can you please send your Skyline back to your distributor with a note on when it happened and what it was doing prior to all lights coming on. We will be in touch with them about sorting it out. Can you check the wiring loom to see if anything has shorted? Give us any clues you have to what it may have been. We are designing the next version Skyline PCB and need to know what to improve on.

Hi MultiHexa,

Can you and please send your Skyline back to your distributor and we will be in touch with them about it. I tested each Skyline (on an AV200) before it left NZ so I want to investigate why it's doing that now.

B

Bengit

Hi Swisser,

All LED's on is not good. Can you please send your Skyline back to your distributor with a note on when it happened and what it was doing prior to all lights coming on. We will be in touch with them about sorting it out. Can you check the wiring loom to see if anything has shorted? Give us any clues you have to what it may have been. We are designing the next version Skyline PCB and need to know what to improve on.

What about us poor sods with the version we have now?

MultiHexa

Hi Photo Higher OM,

I believe that the cables were attached on the wrong skyline. Look at the two pictures. So I got the skyline.
View attachment 4829View attachment 4830

Roll pot is black outside in the middle is white.
Nick pot is black and white outside.

Is that correct?

ok, I'll send the skyline to my dealer. My dealer has the same problem with his Sykline (just for info).

Attachments

• DSC00333.JPG
    DSC00333.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 257
  • DSC00334.JPG
    DSC00334.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 266
Last edited by a moderator:

27fred

Not true at all: it roll back more than 180° even without weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dread:

I can confirm that, i have the same behavior with my RSGS. I wonder how they can release a "tested" product while i can find a lot of bugs within some hours that make it useless. Not sure if firmware update will solve all these problems and i think PH themselves as well - designing the next version of PCB yet. What about customers with current version?

ATFlyer

MultiHexa - mine came with plugs wired like that. I made them both black outside white in the middle & it works fine.

If they were all checked before leaving NZ what else has been missed???

@Multihexa
I can see from the video that the tilt servo has only one of the two plugs connected. Are you sure you did not connect the tilt pot cable of the pot on the gimbal? It has to be connected to the pot connection of the servo, not to the physical pot. Sorry if it is not the case, the doubt arose after watching the video
Claudio

MultiHexa

Hi Claudio

everything is connected:

Tilt Servo to Skyline Tilt Servo
Tilt Poti to Skyline Tilt Pot

Roll Servo to Skyline Roll Servo
Roll Poti to Skyline Roll Pot

Pan Servo to Skyline Pan Servo

Input Tilt Servo to Receiver
Input Pan Servo to Receiver
Input Roll Servo to Receiver

Receivers with 5.00-volt

I think I've got a broken skyline.

iscorama

I can confirm that, i have the same behavior with my RSGS. I wonder how they can release a "tested" product while i can find a lot of bugs within some hours that make it useless. Not sure if firmware update will solve all these problems and i think PH themselves as well - designing the next version of PCB yet. What about customers with current version?

Get a new one for free, can't see any other option...

27fred

Hello Photo Higher OM,

can you ensure that the bugs shown in my video will be solved by firmware update? Otherwise i would send it back.
It would also be good to find more information concerning the software in the manual - e. g. difference between „center tune” and „position gain” and the affect of „velocity gain”.
It seems as if i can adjust the servo center position either with „center tune” or with „position gain”...

27fred

Hi 1001 Copters,
thanks for reply. The first thing i did when i got my RSGS was to load FW 1.1.3. I hope that worked. And even if not, i don't think that it was delivered with 1.1.4.

We have several problems with the Skyline. We have categorized them and are working to solve them.

Over half the problems described on this forum can be fixed by configuring the Skyline. It is obvious that this is not possible with our current instructions. We will have new instructions available next Wednesday.

The remaining problems are in the firmware. We are currently working on the new firmware. We will not rush this and it will be thoroughly tested. Therefore we will keep you updated and make it our priority however it will take more time. As soon as we know when we are near, we will let you know.

Here is a list of what problems we’re having. If I missed your comment, please let me know.

1. When you are panning, the roll axis is affected. The gimbal level goes bad. It cannot be corrected because the roll input does not work.
2. When camera is “Powered on”, the servo has a small spasm. This also happens when camera is powered off.
3. Instructions are incomplete.
4. Servo tune features not explained.
5. The parameters that can be adjusted in the software are not explained.
6. “Save Settings” sometimes gives you the error “Failed to Execute Command” and won’t work when it is powered on.
7. Unsure how to supply the Skyline with power.
8. What inputs should be used (i.e. pan, roll?).
9. Blanking pin is confusing. This is the pin that has been snipped on the top right header.
10. The gimbal will jitter when panning.
11. Pan does not stabilize. It is disabled. Just plugging it in gives jitters.
12. Configuration software does not have all its functions.
13. Pot wires are incorrect.
14. All LED’s coming on and no response to computer.

Problem 1 - 9 can be fixed by setting the Skyline up better. We will issue a new instruction on Wednesday (27.06.12) that will explain thoroughly how to set it up step by step and explain all the settings and their effect on the gimbal.

Problem 10 – 12 will be fixed in the next firmware release. We are working on the new firmware and will only release this once it has been thoroughly tested. We will keep you updated on this.

Problem 13. The black wire should be on the outside and the other wire (white or red) should be on the inside. Both should not be on the outside. The wiring looms are made by hand. We’ve supplied the company who made them for us with a testing rig to confirm all the wires are correct.

Problem 14. If this happens, please send it back to the distributor and tell them what you were doing when it occurred to help us figure out why it is happening.

We will post new info on the website under the Skyline. Our apologies about what has happened and the effect it has had on your business.

I have got my AV200 working quite well with the skyline, check the link for results. Camera is a 550D.No jitter with the slidders about 4th graduation from right, v 1.3 firmware. The key for me was not to plug in the pan INPUT, despite what the instructions say. I will trial it with the
c-300 over the weekend to see how it handels a heavy camera.
Rick.

If you arehaving an issue with iritic behavior from the roll and tilt servo please canyou make sure:
1. The pan servo is plugged directly in to the Receiver - do not plug it in tothe gyro
2. Power the Gyro first through the Pan input - some receivers seem to do weirdthings when powering through the Rx.

3. Please keepthe lead from the BEC/battery to the Skyline as short as possible
3. Make sure you have v1.1.3 installed

Once again we are working flat out to fix the 1.1.4v firmware and we arepositive that these issues will be fixed with the new firmware and with better supportand detailed instructions and explanation of all the different parameters inthe software and what they do.

Thank you,

MultiHexa

@Photohiger

About the Pan connection gets no power on the skyline.
The power supply comes from my skyline just from roll or tilt.
I wonder how my Sykline has been verified. Can not be audited.
There are just too many mistakes in my Sykline.
Well I sent the skyline back to my dealer and I hope I get a new fast.