Mikrokopter MK Firmware 0.88 online now

Macsgrafs

Holger writes on the wiki that you should not attempt to load previous configuration files from prior firmware versions into the kopter after updating. I used ALT+print screen to take screen grabs of the various tabs on the settings window and then used those as reference to adjust things with .88.

I've only done two test flights with it but thus far it's been good. I've left most settings stock and it seems to fly better than ever. This is on a cinestar 8.

nick

this sounds great Nick, thanks for the info.

Ross

arif2209

i found this somewhere at mikrokopter.us by a guy name rick. i made one myself.. so far it work great..
i use an IC CD4049UBE from TI.

Wires then go:

FC <-> CD4049UB <-> S-BUS
GND Black <-> Vss Pin8 <-> GND Black
+5V Red <-> Vdd Pin1 <-> +5V Red
RX1 Grey <-> H Pin4
B Pin5 <-> Signal Orange
*/

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
First problem has popped up....
the gyro calibration/initialization isn't staying in the FC memory ......I had to do it this morning before flying and then again before the third flight.

Mactadpole

There is an update to the Navi thats been posted 0.28i. Don't know if it will solve your problems. Gonna try to test fly this evening.

Shawn

mitmit

First problem has popped up....
the gyro calibration/initialization isn't staying in the FC memory
do you mean ACC calibration? as for gyro calibration - you need to do it after each power up, it always worked like this from the beginning.

Bartman

do you mean ACC calibration? as for gyro calibration - you need to do it after each power up, it always worked like this from the beginning.

Yes, the ACC calibration. I always thought the ACC calibration step was calibrating the gyros because the calibration that is done on every flight can be done without being on perfectly level ground which I thought was more acceptable for the accelerometers.

So, yes, my ACC calibration is not staying in the FC memory. Maybe I'll re-install the FC firmware and redo the ACC calibration. Maybe a few power-ups and resets will help things along. This is starting to remind of Windows 95!

The flying is very nice though with .88 and everything is working well.

Bart

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Some interesting stuff from Holger here, well worth a read.

http://forum.mikrokopter.de/topic-32935.html

Interesting indeed. For all the bad mouthing that MK receives from many quarters around I haven't lost faith yet, and this is despite the hardware issues I had at the very beginning with bits falling off BL boards. I feel safe in Holger's hands - so far.

But I 'm still gonna wait until Bart gives the All Clear because it has all been working real nice.

ZAxis

Interesting indeed. For all the bad mouthing that MK receives from many quarters around I haven't lost faith yet, and this is despite the hardware issues I had at the very beginning with bits falling off BL boards. I feel safe in Holger's hands - so far.

But I 'm still gonna wait until Bart gives the All Clear because it has all been working real nice.

One forum member was asking Holger about their focus on adding extra way points and auto landing rather than improving the camera gimbal to the ultimate and I have to agree they do seem trying to score points over WK on the wrong things. My faith does remain with them as no one has a wider range of proven capabilities, so far. We will update to .88 and give it a try.

andy

Bartman

One forum member was asking Holger about their focus on adding extra way points and auto landing rather than improving the camera gimbal to the ultimate and I have to agree they do seem trying to score points over WK on the wrong things. My faith does remain with them as no one has a wider range of proven capabilities, so far. We will update to .88 and give it a try.

andy

andy,
i've upgraded a second helicopter with a newer FC to .88 and it's doing just fine. it's hard to tell what they do with each upgrade and it wouldn't surprise me if they tweaked the basics but didn't talk about it. I think they keep some things close to their chest so as to keep the Chinese from trying too hard to spy on them. This is just my take on it and I have absolutely no inside knowledge. If they wished to bring me into the loop I'd say the same things you guys are saying....make the camera control better in prolonged sideways flight!!!!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Over the weekend I finished building my MK FPV quad, replacing the Hoverfly Pro board that was most recently on that frame. Once I got it in the air and everything dialed in I swapped to the latest and greatest firmware to see what the difference is between the .82 version I've been using and .88. I was very surprised at how solid this latest release is, it's almost like flying a WKM, altitude hold is light years better than before and position hold is pretty solid as well.

It worked so well on the quad I made a leap of faith and upgraded my trusty Hexa V1, now with Droidworx landing gear and newly reworked AV 130. A while ago I was out in the front yard test flying the Hexa in 12 to 15 mph winds and it worked amazingly well, held altitude as good or better than either of my WKM in the wind and position hold held up fairly well too. The little Hexa doesn't weigh much and with the added loading of the AV130 the stock Roxxy motors were working overtime to keep it on station in both vertical and horizontal planes. Looking at the video afterwards I was amazed at how steady it is considering how bumpy the flight looked from the ground.

Holger has a winner with this release, I think the competition from DJI has lit a fire under MK firmware development, this is the best release in quite some time and the improvement is very noticeable. I think I may take the Naza off my Droidworx AD6 and put the MK stack back on to see how well .88 works on larger and heavier setups since it works so well on standard MK setups, the true test is how it holds up on non-standard builds.

Ken

Tahoe Ed

Ken, that is good to hear. I started my upgrade on Sunday, but my diversity board is giving me fits. I know what I need to do and will fix it tonight. It has been blowing like crazy in Las Vegas all weekend long. Fortunately I am going to go fly Friday, got it off from my new job. I am enjoying having a job that is no long a 24/7 one. I was going to sell my MK, but I may hold on to it for a while if I can get the same kind of performance. Thanks!

MikroJ

Does it matter which board you update first? I have read the Navi first, MK3mag, then flight ctrl was suggested?

Pjtyros

Thanks RTRyder for your info, looking good.

MikroJ yes it is navi first, mag has not changed, then the fc last.

Paul

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Anyone elsehad RTryders positive experience.. I was just about to rip off my MK stack on the ADX3 HL but I may give it a whirl.. anyone else got it on a Y6 set up?

Dave

Bartman

I can 2nd what Ken said. Flight qualities are as good as ever and just seem to be a bit refined making the helicopter more mellow to fly.
Camera control is about the same except for the addition of the servo filter which can help to keep the camera mount from being given control signals when it isn't really moving. It's like a gain adjustment for the control signals. Higher settings block gimbal control signals until more copter movement warrants it.

Anyone elsehad RTryders positive experience.. I was just about to rip off my MK stack on the ADX3 HL but I may give it a whirl.. anyone else got it on a Y6 set up?

Dave

Dave, I don't have a Y6 but I've had real nice performance with .88 on a flat eight. Just about all of the feedback I've seen regarding .88 is positive so the odds are with you. :)

ZAxis

Dave

Dave....

We just updated last night. Primarily to look at the gimbal issue but Lec did hover our Y6 inside for a few minutes and it flew OK. He did say that even in that few moments it felt better than before. When the weather clears up it will go for a real flight for which we have great expectations. Give it a try, it may keep you in the MK camp a bit longer !
Quite a few of the MK tool parameters get set back to default values so we had to re enter them so make a careful note of all values and check boxes before updating.

andy

Mactadpole

Just got back from flying 3 sets of batteries and the new copter flew awesome. I do get some pretty bad ballooning on yaw so I need to check into what to tweak. This is a new copter and has only flown on firmware v0.88. I was flying all stock settings in a light breeze; the altitude hold was dead on and so was GPS hold with just a slight bit of an occasional twitch while holding. Altitude hold varied a max of 1 meter and GPS hold a max of 3 meters. I even got brave and tried come home which worked perfect too. Need to do some tuning and setting some more things up but v0.88 seems to be a winner.

Shawn

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just got back from flying 3 sets of batteries and the new copter flew awesome. I do get some pretty bad ballooning on yaw so I need to check into what to tweak. This is a new copter and has only flown on firmware v0.88. I was flying all stock settings in a light breeze; the altitude hold was dead on and so was GPS hold with just a slight bit of an occasional twitch while holding. Altitude hold varied a max of 1 meter and GPS hold a max of 3 meters. I even got brave and tried come home which worked perfect too. Need to do some tuning and setting some more things up but v0.88 seems to be a winner.

Shawn

You can try increasing the yaw settings in the gyro screen by 20 on each setting and see if it helps.

I had my FPV quad outside for a little night flying a while ago, winds blowing 15 + mph and it held altitude and position far better than I've ever seen an MK do before. Not only that the frame appeared to be pretty stable, quite unlike what happens to a WKM controller in that amount of wind. I also noticed an occasional twitch and I think it's just a side effect of what it takes to keep a multi that steady in poor conditions, MK appears to have done a much better job with this release than DJI has been able to do with the WKM so far.

I'm very tempted to try an MK stack on the Cinestar 6 again with the .88 firmware, last time with .82 the results were disappointing, it flys much better with the WKM so far. If the CS with MK and .88 will hold altitude like my quad and hexa are now doing and not bobble around in the wind as the WKM is prone to that would be a huge step forward and might just convince me to sell off one of the WKM to finance another set of MK boards.

On the other hand this might be just the prod that DJI needs to actually fix the firmware so it works well with large frames but I think they may not even notice that Mk is catching up...

Ken