XAircraft Xaircraft V4 problem GPS-S

mortero

[FONT=&quot]Could you help me? I am not able to configure my XAircraft V4 GPS-S.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
With the compass I followed the instructions that appear in the video setup and it works perfectly, but however the GPS-S still fails. I have a S-AHRS connected to Port A of the FC1212-S-S and the GPS-S is connected to Port-E. The antenna is installed with copper foil, as shown in the video. When I activated the GPS-ATT in my transmitter, the V4 XAircraft began to spiral out doing very abrupt movements and displacements. In the second attempt, I plugged the AHRS-S in the Port-D and now when I activate the GPS XAircraft-ATT I don’t see any effect, it doesn’t hold the position. Both times before taking off, I made sure that the GPS-S light was solid green, to make sure I was getting the GPS signal. In XAircraft Center, I haven’t changed any options. Could you please tell me how I can I exactly configure it? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Thanks a lot for your help.[/FONT]

Kilby

I hate to be the one to break this news to you, but that GPS doesn't work. It has been replaced with a new autopilot that is just now starting to make it's way out into the wild. I think it's now called the AHRS-V2 & GPS-P versions of the hardware.

Did you recently purchase this GPS unit? I hope that someone didn't sell you that recently, because it's been known for sometime now that the unit is faulty.

Check the almost 1200 page long thread about it over at RCGroups.com

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1326529

Batfire

QUAD HACKER
Hi MORTERO

The GPS does work but maybe not for Kirby, I have V1 with GPS-S. The problem is the fix the Chinese came up with doesnt work well!

Here is what a working GPS-S looks like on a working X830 that I have modified since both compass and gps on Xaircraft have had issues. View attachment 4522 You have to get the gps up and away from the electronics min. of 20cm about 9 -10". I get consistant 224-239 pacc and 5-6 sats within seconds and in 30 seconds about 9 sats. You can test through the Xaircraft site when you are hooked up to xacenter on gps selection. Once you get sat lock on mine (blue solid light) before moving unit you are good to go. With this setup I also do not have compass glitch everyone seems to get at 0 degrees. Notice where my compass is located. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• thumb-.jpg
    thumb-.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator: