Mikrokopter MK Firmware 0.88 online now

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thanks for posting the link. I contacted Holger through Vimeo to ask about it and just received the link today.
I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try.
Bart

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Thanks for posting the link. I contacted Holger through Vimeo to ask about it and just received the link today.
I think I'm going to go ahead and give it a try.
Bart
I'm going for it also, will report back.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I don't even remember what version of firmware is on my V1 Hexa but it works so well as-is I'm going to leave it alone. I've had my fill of being a software beta tester I'll let someone else have the fun this time around. I'm in the process of building an MK quad with a full Nav and GPS for FPV use from spare bits I have hanging around, maybe I'll try out the new release on it before all the gear goes on or perhaps just wait for the first bug fix version just to be safe.

Ken

Tahoe Ed

Well I am going to try it. I have been a crash test dummy before. I was happy with .82 but from what I have heard about .86, how bad can .88 be? Yea, I know but shouldn't this version fix some of the .86 problems?

Bartman

two quick observations

it seems like the basic flight control behavior has matured in that the kopter is more mellow to fly and the camera mount is also less jittery. Either I or the FC have switched to decaf and no one's told us!

I've been flying a lot lately and more on windy days so maybe this is a reflection of the calm air outside today. Maybe that's it. Others can chime in on this and we'll see what there is to it.

My altitude control is screwed up though since the update so I've disabled it and will sort it out tonight.

Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
two quick observations

it seems like the basic flight control behavior has matured in that the kopter is more mellow to fly and the camera mount is also less jittery. Either I or the FC have switched to decaf and no one's told us!

I've been flying a lot lately and more on windy days so maybe this is a reflection of the calm air outside today. Maybe that's it. Others can chime in on this and we'll see what there is to it.

My altitude control is screwed up though since the update so I've disabled it and will sort it out tonight.

Bart

I see a bugfix release coming up very soon... ;)

Ken

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
that video of it auto landing is harsh! There must be a way they can slow the descent? Pretty sure that would cause damage on concrete and a solid landing gear setup.

J.T.

Spiralling out of control
Funny thing is, living on an Island on the east coast of the UK normal flying is in half a gale usually. There hasn't been a breath of wind since the firmware came out. The update went without a hitch, then just resetting RX back to spektrum and a few camera settings and the rest left stock.
As far as I can tell for now it works well. AH is rock, as is PH. It just sits there in manual also, but as I said these are not normal conditions.

Forgot to say, for some reason it swiched AH to off after the update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Macsgrafs

Promissing news to the gents that have updated, will be watching this thread very closely!
Well done Bart & J.T.

Ross

Bartman

the range that was originally configured in the radio for the altitude hold channel/poti wasn't allowing the altitude hold to shut off so that would explain my problems earlier today. on the bench it appears to work fine now. this is the first firmware upgrade where I've had to go through every page and really think through every setting to make sure they're still good.
more flying planned tomorrow so we'll see how it goes. I've also added a small amount of filter in the camera servos to see if it does anything.
bart

anaka

does anyone knows if the new support for futaba SBus is only for the recevier that is in MK shop or also for all the other futaba recevier with SBus?!

So your advice on this would be to write down your current settings before the upgrade then Bart?

Ross

Holger writes on the wiki that you should not attempt to load previous configuration files from prior firmware versions into the kopter after updating. I used ALT+print screen to take screen grabs of the various tabs on the settings window and then used those as reference to adjust things with .88.

I've only done two test flights with it but thus far it's been good. I've left most settings stock and it seems to fly better than ever. This is on a cinestar 8.

nick