CineStar 6 + WKM + Maytech = WOW!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Ah damm i didnt catch on to that. I hope they still have the ability, lets see. No use to ask now if true they are shipped already.

Boris

It doesn't specifically mention it for the V1 version either but it's in the nice little instrcution manual that comes with each one. Only thing is it can only be changed by TX programming mode, not from their little programming card and you have to sit and listen to about 10 sets of tones before you get to the one to change the switching speed. Programming the Maytechs is not as slick and easy as a set of Turnigy but on the other hand once setup I rarely if ever make any changes so it's not a major PITA to deal with.

Let me know how the V2 work for you and if they can change the switching rate. I doubt that they would remove it but you never know with these Chinese factorys what you're going to get from one batch to another.

Ken

plingboot

after recent mucking around with esc's i thought i'd give these a punt, so four are on their way to me too via the maytech 'samples' service.

dropped them an email, received polite/prompt reply, then a proforma invoice - all seems very smooth.

they're supplying V2's to me too…

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
We just made it in time chinese new year holidays start on the 15 to the 30 Jan :)

By the way i wil be laughing my *** off when we get them and they dont work because they are V2 and something change ansd they are not compatible to WKM anymore :)

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

Just ordered 8 MT35A-OPTO-V2 directly from maytech, lets see what they can do. Gonna put them on my hexa first and check out their performance.

Hello,

At first i like to say hello and thanks for all you guys for the great tips and discussion. It's been very interesting to follow this CS/DJI related discussion. Special thanks to BorisS for sharing so much valuable information for CS/DJI/Herkules setup, you have gave a lot of inspiration for me for my future platform and i think also for lot of other folks here. I have ordered CS6, QC motors and CS gimbal to do a little more serious aerial video than before with 500X/DJI setup which i bought for training, but setup has been unreliable and unstabile lately by esc/motor heat problems with that payload i want to carry. It looks like these Maytech ESC:s would be worth to try first in CS, but where did you found MT35A-OPTO-V2. I can only see the BEC version and bigger 85A opto versions in their website?

Kari

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hello,

At first i like to say hello and thanks for all you guys for the great tips and discussion. It's been very interesting to follow this CS/DJI related discussion. Special thanks to BorisS for sharing so much valuable information for CS/DJI/Herkules setup, you have gave a lot of inspiration for me for my future platform and i think also for lot of other folks here. I have ordered CS6, QC motors and CS gimbal to do a little more serious aerial video than before with 500X/DJI setup which i bought for training, but setup has been unreliable and unstabile lately by esc/motor heat problems with that payload i want to carry. It looks like these Maytech ESC:s would be worth to try first in CS, but where did you found MT35A-OPTO-V2. I can only see the BEC version and bigger 85A opto versions in their website?

Kari

Hi Kari,

ich wrote to them directly and asked them for a opto version. Was a little bit of a hassle to get them first since they said there is a reseller in my country. After checking the resellers page and the lack of info given, even worse than the maytech :) page I insisted to buy from them directly. Luckily they agreed and said they have to assemble the opto version which takes them a day. I went for the 35A version since it has the same dimensions a the 30A just a little ticker i can life with that, for having some extra buffer. I am going to pop them on my Hexa first still hopefully waiting that Andreas will fix and specifically change the Herk firmware for the WKM.

Boris

GGoodrum

What the 16kHz setting changes is the pulse width modulation frequency, or PWM. To control the throttle, PWM is used with varying duty cycles, instead of a linear voltage change. This way it is always seeing the full voltage, or zero. More efficient this way, and less heat is generated. Anyway, one very noticeable thing you notice when switching from 8kHz to 16kHz is that the motors don't whine so much. They are much quieter.

Anyway, I'm very interested in seeing how these v2 versions work. I'd loveto get some 30-40A versions that will work on 5s, for my own CS 6.

-- Gary

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Yes I notice my AVRotos are much quieter. That alone is worth it for me, they used to have a really high pitch whine.

@GGoodrum : thx for this explanation !

@BorisS : inspired by this thread and by all that people here are sharing, I've ordered 6x ESC-35 opto (same choice than Boris). As they are V2 too, I asked Maytech about 8 to 16 Khz availability, and they have confirmed that those V2 have it. We will see !

@GGoodrum : thx for this explanation !

@BorisS : inspired by this thread and by all that people here are sharing, I've ordered 6x ESC-35 opto (same choice than Boris). As they are V2 too, I asked Maytech about 8 to 16 Khz availability, and they have confirmed that those V2 have it. We will see !
If you don't mind my asking, would you be willing to tell me how much they cost. I can't find a price on them. -- thanks, JOHN

Hi RTRyder! Do you still go for the Graupner 11x5 props in your setup? I´m having a hard time deciding what to choose for my own new CS6 with WK-M.. Not so keen of buying the €€€€ 12x3,8 CF props to begin with anyway.. :upset:

//Lars

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
ok let's confirm as I am setting programming card right now:

my current settings are:

Batt: lipo
Govern: no jumpers
Start: Start ACC
Brake: Off
Timing: Auto
Rotation: normal
Cutoff volt: 3v/60%
cutoff power: reduce

Seems like doing the rest is a PITA since you cant use the card.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
shouldn't battery be minh even if you use a lipo, since it brings the cut off down evem more or even disables it ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Garagelars buy the graupners ! The only CFs that make sense are the ones in the MK shop with 11 grams. The aerobot or all the other CF props that are heavy similar to APCs make no sense !

Where's the best place to buy the Maytech 30'sV2 ? Monto has the V1's I sent them an email to see if they have the V2. or is it important?
I just ordered 8 3328's and a set of graupner 11.5's for my new build.

David

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
David we dont know yet. V1 seem to work very good. V2 have new fets and a new firmware. Could be that they work better the same or not as good, or not at all. Its all possible :) If you want the V2 wait a little some of us should be getting them in the next couple days than we know more !

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah, I was wondering about the battery setting. Using Nimh would make sense since there are already the DJI low voltage parameters. You dont want to many low voltage systems, just more to go wrong. I trust the good old buzzer and tested time limit at the end of the day more than anything. If I can fly for 8 minutes, I bring it down in 5-6 minutes. Why push it?