Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

GeorgeM

Yes.. you can still use it, but when panning very fast, you may notice some roll horizon inclination.

In Calibration Tab, bottom item 'Accelerometer Correction', use item 5.
The higher value in this selection, allows the accelerometer to correct quicker.

These values are currently arbitrary, and the 'operation range' of this control will be modified in around 2 firmware updates after the current one.
This will be based on observations I'll receive on the current firmware.
My feeling is that the range of this control will be expanded, to cover different sectors of operation, and will also become remote controlled from an Aux channel.
( it is already remotely variable via Wireless JetiBox connection, and as soon as I publish the XBee tutorial video, also will be able to be adjusted in flight by PiclocToolz ).
But for those who do not want such advantageous features, I will simply add an Aux selection via a drop down menu, or else a proportional knob on our radios ).
I will leave further info to be found from the tutorial setup videos.

**I'll be sending out the replacements as fast as I can.

Laters....

gm>>

Last edited by a moderator:

Skysurf

I am very happy with how my Picloc 3X is performing right now - can't wait to try the V2!

The only issue I am having right now (except not getting the DX6i and satellite to work 100%) is that when panning, the start and stop are too distinct. I would like to be able to start and stop panning a lot smoother.

Anyone else having this problem? I am using firmware version 58.14.

/Jesper

Edit: sorry wrong thread although I am not having success getting a smooth start to Pan with RSGS either

Skysurf

Here are a few shots that we made yesterday. No post stabilization. Only problem right now is that when panning, it starts and stops too abruptly. During these shots no one was controlling the camera.

/Jesper

Jesper: have you tried playing with the Expo setting on your transmitter to see if that dampens down the pan at the ends of travel?

Skysurf

Phelicano,

thanks for your input. I have tried lowering the rates and using exponential without getting it a smooth as I want it.

Best,

Jesper

snurre

Hi George!
I just got my upgraded Picloc back from you and now I am eager to install it and begin the parameter tuning. :nevreness:

BUT before I start doing that that I need to know if my unit is one of the fifteen that will shorty be replaced due to foam insulation problem mentioned below?

Two other questions:

1. The firmware in the unit I just received is version 58.15, while the latest Toolz version I could find is 58.14.
Is Toolz v58.14 the latest one or is there a v58.15?
If the latter, kindly provide the relevant download link.

2. About the magnetometer mounting.
I will install the Picloc on-axis, self stabilizing. I suppose that the magnetometer be mounted likewise, but then at what orientation (there is a small arrow on the non component side, shoult it be like the arrow on the mother unit)?

Thanks!
/ Tomas
helivision.se

Shipped a batch today, and will ship another two big batches Friday and Saturday.
The internal foam insulation tape was not holding to expectation. So we had to do a mod on all piclocs constructed.
The first 15 sent out last week prior to new year's eve will be replaced with the one's we're building now.

gm>>

GeorgeM

Sorry for the lack of current info. Masssssive headache yesterday fixing out last bugs.
If I tried to re-shot the tutorial yesterday, I would have fainted. !!

So it will be done this evening.

Mag arrow - this should be pointing to the tilt axis, the arrow on top, the components on the bottom.
Tomas, your Picloc is not from 1st 15 units that are being replaced.
Actually I'm really surprised you have it already. Was only sent 3 days ago.

Please bear with me last few hours until info and docs are ready to be online.

Thanks !!

I am looking for advice on how to mount a Picloc 3x pro V1 on my AV320 gimbal. Should I have it on the camera tray or on the pan axis? I have only used it on an AV200 with Pots on tilt and roll.
I have a Hitec HS-5645mg on he roll axis modified for 360. Potentiometer is outside the servo, but not attached to the axis. I have a Futaba S9350 on the tilt axis modified 360 with the Pot still inside the servo. Lastly I have a Hitec HS-645mg 360 servo with pot outside of the servo but not hooked up to the axis. Also, curious if anyone has tried the latest firmware on the V1 picloc. Any improvement?

Verid

George - I've sent You my Picloc several months ago. In December you said that I have to pay extra for v2 version and I did so but still I don't have it. I lost lots of valuable customers because of lack of good stabilization. Can you answer this question? When can I expect to have my Picloc?
Marcin Pionke

GeorgeM

@tahoelight -> AV320 gimbal is a PAN-> TILT -> ROLL gimbal. You should be running 3 servos all modified to 360 with pots disconnected mechanically ( so your tilt axis pot is to be disconnected mechanically ).
The orientation for Picloc is to have the ARROW facing Forward or Back... ie TILT ( which direction depends on how you'd like to route your cables ).
You need to first select this orientation on the OPTIONS tab of PiclocTOolz.

I am at this moment doing a tutorial video. Should be up by tomorrow evening. This is with the current firmware.
Yes.. if you try current firmware on a V1 Picloc-3X you should see improvement. But the best performance will come out of a NEW v2, or an upgraded v1 to V2 ( essentially a new Picloc ! in the same plastic case ).

@Marcin - Yes.. you're right. There were some delays arising from a lot of factors. You should be receiving your Units by end next week.

GeorgeM

And at all others who have sent emails asking for swaps.... YES>>> I will get back to you soon, but I have a hefty backlog.
I will, at least, be replying to your swap request emails,1 week before this backlog clears up, so that when sending your piclocs here for the upgrade, the backlog will have mostly died out.

I am doing my best to minimize delays as much as humanly possible.

gm..>>

@tahoelight -> AV320 gimbal is a PAN-> TILT -> ROLL gimbal. You should be running 3 servos all modified to 360 with pots disconnected mechanically ( so your tilt axis pot is to be disconnected mechanically ).
The orientation for Picloc is to have the ARROW facing Forward or Back... ie TILT ( which direction depends on how you'd like to route your cables ).
You need to first select this orientation on the OPTIONS tab of PiclocTOolz.

I am at this moment doing a tutorial video. Should be up by tomorrow evening. This is with the current firmware.
Yes.. if you try current firmware on a V1 Picloc-3X you should see improvement. But the best performance will come out of a NEW v2, or an upgraded v1 to V2 ( essentially a new Picloc ! in the same plastic case ).

So then I am mounting to the camera plate? Or do I still make a L bracket to mount to the top arch of the Av320 (like I do with the AV200)?