Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

airworx

Same here...my white led never goes out....as long as the red led is dimly lit up next to the white one , you re ok to go forward with uploading the fw.

krleas

FPV Freak
Same here, white led always on and red dimly. I must always connect to lipo and then i can update the picloc.

holco

OK I rebooted my imac into windows and there seems to be a connection.

But when I push the start button I get the message --- Operation Failed to autobaud

aircam4u

Picloc 3X TEMPERATURE DRIFT PROBLEM ?!?

Hi George,
now it is Winter here... ;)

I have the new Firmware V0.55 and the Pocloc 3X. Installed in AV-200 Gimbal...

The temperature drift Problem:
Take a look at the pictures...

First Test: start @20°C indoor:

1) from 20°C indoor to -5°C outdoor, fresh power on, every think is okay...
View attachment 2547

2) 10 minutes later (!)
View attachment 2548

3) fresh restart, every think is okay...
View attachment 2549

4) 15 minutes later. (maybe the temperature a little bit increase because Sun is shining ???)
View attachment 2550

Next Test: start indoor @ 20°C
1) from 20°C indoor to -5°C outdoor, fresh power on, every think is okay...
View attachment 2551

2) 10 minutes later (!)
View attachment 2552

3) now from -5°C outdoor to +20°C indoor
View attachment 2553

4) 15 minutes later (!)
View attachment 2554

It looks the die drift compensation from cold to warm is (better) working.
From warm to cold we have a big problem !
And it is impossible to bring the gimble in normal position with the RC , because the angle limits.

Please help... I have a lot of flights at THIS weekend... ;)

PS: and i need a second Picloc 3X Pro from you... Can you help?

I think the problem from BorisS is the same: LINK

Best regards, Kai Schädel ;-)

Attachments

• IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Hi PPL.. will reply to your questions this evening ( CET ) .. currently V.Busy.

@Jochen... probably this evening - late.

@Kai... Temperature compensation is still not on in firmware. You must leave Picloc take ambient temperature for 5-10 minutes for correct operation.
I suggest strongly to do the same with your flying CTRL boards. No it's not the same issue as BorisS's post.

@ White LED issue... The WHITE LED is a COMMS indicator. It self extinguishes if there is no connection to a PC for the last 10 seconds. However when you open a connection, the LED should light up.
For a firmware update, the recessed pushbutton must be pressed. Then.. the USB inserted. LED( White ) will go off after 10 seconds of no use, but if you try to upload firmware to it, it will light up white again.
After ready from a new firmware upload, the USB must be disconnected and the unit re-powered up !

@holco "Operation Failed to autobaud " is normally shown if:
1) The RED LED is not dimly lit.. indicating bootloader mode.
2) IF the Device selected is not LPC1769 - found from the ARM Cortex family of Microprocessors. The Crystal is set to 12Mhz ( and this is multiplied by 10 inside Picloc resulting in an operation of 120Mhz.. the fastest microprocessor in its class.. at least 6 months ago during development of Picloc.)

Holco... if you like, we can contact by Skype to resolve your issue if it's not fixed already.

@requests for new purchases - none available right now. Soon.
But contact me by email, and I will reply eventually - when I'm concentrating again on purchase requests.

Right now, the focus is on ironing out these initial teething issues and creating solutions.

aircam4u

@Kai... Temperature compensation is still not on in firmware. You must leave Picloc take ambient temperature for 5-10 minutes for correct operation.
I suggest strongly to do the same with your flying CTRL boards. No it's not the same issue as BorisS's post.
Hi George,
I talked to Jochen and he told me that he had the same problem with one of his Picloc's.
I have the acc cooled with ice spray and was able to find the fault on my Picloc Pro.
Then I tested my second Picloc (only the standart version), and the problem did not exist... It works perfect... :nevreness:
So I think it's a hardware problem on my Picloc 3X Pro!
What should I do now?

PS:
I think it's the same problem that has posted by boris. When I turn the bracket while the slant, it looks just like in the video of Boris.

holco

I found out that there is no problem with my picloc, But there is a problem with the 2012_02_02_P3X_A055_PRO.hex file that I have downloaded, Its corrupted I think, total 553 bytes!!??​

holco, i think its not possible to download the A 55 pro Hex file yet.
It is just a html document. The file is not on the server.
I Think George hasnt finished.

I dont Think so.
When i download A055 and delete everything (html) on my Mac the file is 557 Byte.
When i download v055 ( old Firmware) i have to delete txt and the file is 175.551 Byte.
For me it looks like the new firmware is not on the server.
Or did anyone already install A055 on Picloc ?

Jochen

Copterpic

Really hard to read for some people... George could you give me an answer concerning the step motors, i think its very important for future development...

@George: Do you think there will be a possibility for the picloc to support step motors instead of servos? Many innovative manufacturers are working with step motors in the future. As the Picloc is also an innovative product it would be a gread possibility to be on top ;). What do you think about this George?

Tomstoy2

I agree. Stepper motors are the future. DJI thinks so, too.
More logic!

Just hope whomever has splines on the shaft instead of couplers.

GeorgeM

@ Copterpic and Tomstoy2 .... Those are not stepper motors. They are probably DC or Brushless motors with an encoder. I had begun work on this route 1.5 years ago. These things are either too expensive for the average AP guy to purchase off the shelf, or else need to be engineered for their purpose....as DJI seem to have done for their gimbal.

My focus is to make a 3 axis gimbal stabilization unit for any camera mount using Fast R/C servos, offering good stabilization and advanced features. The final polishing has to be done with post stab or using OIS with the R/C servo route.
If the image needs to be perfect when shot RAW, then there's a specific need to go to other motor control technologies.