Zenmuse Z15-GH3 jumpy flickery video from HDMI

smeinzer

I am having a problem with my Z15-GH3 or iOSD Mark II. My video feed from the HDMI is all jumpy and flickery. See video...

https://vimeo.com/78555553

My setup:
S800 EVO
A2
ZENMUSE Z15-GH3
iOSD Mark II
DJI 5.8 Ghz video downlink
Panasonic GH3 (firmware version 1.2)
Creative Video Mode
AFC
Shutter Priority - 1/200
HDMI resolution - 1080i

From what I can tell it has to do with the HDMI interface because if I shut that part off the image becomes fine, the OSD from my iOSD Mark II is easy to read and stops flickering. As soon as I turn on the HDMI it goes crazy again. I have my GH3 set to Creative Video Mode, focus set to AFC, shutter priority and set to 1/200, and the HDMI output of the camera set to 1080i. I read that the video could be messed up if your settings aren't right but I believe mine are correct unless I missed something. Anyone have the same problem or have success with a similar setup? Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

1flyer

Hi smeinzer,

I wish I could help and I will keep looking back here to see if anyone has. Because I too have the exact image problem even down to the horizontal lines in the exact same stair step presentation. I too have set mine up with the published settings and have tried many different variations as well.

After several hours on the phone with tech support I went as far as returning the Zenmuse for a replacement only to still have the same issue with the new one. I have tried replacing the iOSD and the GCU with a working unit from another S800 just in case it had something to do with it but no help. I've even tried another camera thinking it might have been the GH3. Nope same thing and I have sent a similar video you made to my dealer and to DJI but yet to hear any suggestions. I'll tell you it is quite aggravating spending this kind of money to get something that is not quite ready for distribution. I have a S800 with a Sony Nex7 that works fine so I know that it can work and what it is supposed to look like.

Does your video output stabilize though after you switch off the HDMI from the transmitter and only view the iOSD info from the Mark II?

After spending time writing this I had a thought I will try tomorrow. Maybe it is noise or some other interference from the new A2 setup. I have a Wookong I am going to setup an mine and see if I get the same thing and I will report back.

If I do ever get a resolution I will be sure to get back to you here. I feel your pain.

Thanks for listening...

smeinzer

Hi smeinzer,

I wish I could help and I will keep looking back here to see if anyone has. Because I too have the exact image problem even down to the horizontal lines in the exact same stair step presentation. I too have set mine up with the published settings and have tried many different variations as well.

After several hours on the phone with tech support I went as far as returning the Zenmuse for a replacement only to still have the same issue with the new one. I have tried replacing the iOSD and the GCU with a working unit from another S800 just in case it had something to do with it but no help. I've even tried another camera thinking it might have been the GH3. Nope same thing and I have sent a similar video you made to my dealer and to DJI but yet to hear any suggestions. I'll tell you it is quite aggravating spending this kind of money to get something that is not quite ready for distribution. I have a S800 with a Sony Nex7 that works fine so I know that it can work and what it is supposed to look like.

Does your video output stabilize though after you switch off the HDMI from the transmitter and only view the iOSD info from the Mark II?

After spending time writing this I had a thought I will try tomorrow. Maybe it is noise or some other interference from the new A2 setup. I have a Wookong I am going to setup an mine and see if I get the same thing and I will report back.

If I do ever get a resolution I will be sure to get back to you here. I feel your pain.

Thanks for listening...

Thanks for responding. I haven't found any solid answers yet. I did find the following post in these forums though...

http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...e-a-problem-of-ground-monitoring-system/page2

Hey Guys,

This is a problem that DJI is aware of. I have spoken with DJI Directly, and worked with them so they could understand the problem.

They are 100% aware of the issue, and know how to fix it. They will be releasing a new board for the GH3 Zenmuse. I was told that I should have them in approx 2-3 weeks, and that we will give these to all of you that got an early GH3 Z15.

I know some of you are really bummed about this issue. I personally built an EVO with GH3 Z15, as an extra shop copter. I too was bummed to see we couldn't fix the black line issue ourselves. However, rest assured that DJI is working on the solution, and will have a fix real soon.

For those of you that already have a GH3 Z15. Shoot an email to contact@aerialmediapros.com, with a receipt of your purchase or internet order. I will then add you to the list of customers needing the newer board. I will call everyone as soon as they arrive, and will arrange shipment for you.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

Aerial Media Pros

i hope more info comes to light soon... I too am very frustrated and want to get my system running. I have tried different setups including a Lawmate 1.2Ghz tx and rx and only have gotten worse results. Please report back if you find anything new.

Thanks!!

1flyer

Hi Benjamin Kenobi,

Thanks for the idea. I tried it but no difference. I does now sound like a known issue so now we all just wait and see when the fix comes down. Don't you just love being a company's R&D department?

I did forward smeinzer's link to my dealer and I will wait to hear what they find out. Thanks for all the help.

hbarchini

The problem with the ZM is that we receive a HDMI for a pal GH3 and we are using NTSC... So until they change de system on the HDMI converter There are no solution...
And all of Us that have a ZM gh3 have problems with the FPV, reset mode, 90 degree not working, etc...
It is a shame!

Tahoe Ed

DJI is aware of the issue. It is my understanding that they have a new HDMI board coming out to all GH3 users. I do not know when.

I would love to hear the answer to this - I'd be thrilled if they sent an NTSC board or at least told you where to buy one that was compatible with the zen