Zenmuse Z15 5D MARK III

cjayres

Folks, I just received the beta zenmuse IMU update (1.4) and it solves the tilt down problem on reset. I have yet to test the horizon drift...but progress. I expect that release is very close. I will update with test results. One thing I noticed on tilt down is the vertical movement down is now limited to vertical and not just past that point as with the previous firmware.

Tuukkuli

Regarding Magic Lantern: Here´s a test video I did yesterday shooting Magic Lantern RAW with 5D III and monitoring via the camera´s AV out port. The monitoring worked faultlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rentakill

All seems quiet on the zenmuse front. Just got my x4 build and FPV looks slightly off, work around is to just go into h-free mode and adjust the horizon. Really love this quad, real Hollywood machine hehe. 1st solo flight raw footage...

Maybe they could jut fix the issue rather than finding a work around...
All seems quiet on the zenmuse front. Just got my x4 build and FPV looks slightly off, work around is to just go into h-free mode and adjust the horizon. Really love this quad, real Hollywood machine hehe. 1st solo flight raw footage...

Hey guys! My DJI Z15 5D gimbal has pitch motor vibration issues. I really don't know what to do. Can anybody suggest tricks to fix this problem??

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
It is usually a balance issue. Have you balanced the camera on the Zenmuse accurately? It's a bit of an art form to get it right! :nevreness: If this doesn't solve it i'm out of ideas.

BamaDave

Hi Guys,
I've got this same set-up and having trouble with the 5D taking pictures by itself about every minute. Also, I was told I would have aperture control on the left slider of the photo radio (Futaba 14SG) but no joy. If I could rectify these 2 problems, I'd be overjoyed!
The company that built the machine says the problem is in my camera settings. I believe I've programmed the camera correctly (keyword: believe) but not sure. Could someone please share their camera settings with me as to narrow down the problem?

Rentakill

Folks, I just received the beta zenmuse IMU update (1.4) and it solves the tilt down problem on reset. I have yet to test the horizon drift...but progress. I expect that release is very close. I will update with test results. One thing I noticed on tilt down is the vertical movement down is now limited to vertical and not just past that point as with the previous firmware.

Any update ????

zmooth

Hi everyone, can't get video shutter to work on my z15-5D Mark II version. Does this only work on Mark III ? I am able to trigger photo shutter, and if the camera is on while I plug in the main pack it will start recording video somehow, but I can't trigger video shutter in any way. Any help would be appreciated.
Rgrds

Rentakill

Hi everyone, can't get video shutter to work on my z15-5D Mark II version. Does this only work on Mark III ? I am able to trigger photo shutter, and if the camera is on while I plug in the main pack it will start recording video somehow, but I can't trigger video shutter in any way. Any help would be appreciated.
Rgrds

Whats your connections for aux 1,2,3 channels. You should be using aux3 for recording. I run my setup with pictures only, pressing record at the start of each flight. Best of both worlds :livid:

Jjjkkklll

My replacement Z15 5D (the previous one had a weird twitch) is roll drifting really badly. I tested it quickly in a hover and it seemed fine, but I got a chance to fly a lot over Labor Day weekend and noticed that it is rolling a ton as compared to the previous one I had.

The previous Z15 5D didn't roll (very minor roll) but it twitched down and left randomly. This new one, the replacement US Hobby sent me, doesn't twitch at all but it rolls so bad that I'm not comfortable using it on jobs.

I really don't want to go through the trouble of sending yet another one back. Do any of you have any ideas as to how I might be able to fix it?? All firmware is fully updated and it is mounted to a well balanced octo.

Here's a video showing the roll problem:

And here's the video from the previous Z15 5D that twitched:

Welcome to the DJI Zenmuse 5D gimbals I ordered two new 5D3 gimbals both had issues I sent the one back that had the less" issues". Mine does the same thing and the horizon drifts huge on PAN. If you pan at snail speed it I not as bad. DJI NEEDS TO FIX THIS **** Also since the last Zen GH3 firmware update my Gimbal now has developed the "Twitch" Good God DJI get your **** together!! you have a team of 50 engineers working on this and one guy in his basement has come up with code to make this work.
My replacement Z15 5D (the previous one had a weird twitch) is roll drifting really badly. I tested it quickly in a hover and it seemed fine, but I got a chance to fly a lot over Labor Day weekend and noticed that it is rolling a ton as compared to the previous one I had.

The previous Z15 5D didn't roll (very minor roll) but it twitched down and left randomly. This new one, the replacement US Hobby sent me, doesn't twitch at all but it rolls so bad that I'm not comfortable using it on jobs.

I really don't want to go through the trouble of sending yet another one back. Do any of you have any ideas as to how I might be able to fix it?? All firmware is fully updated and it is mounted to a well balanced octo.

Here's a video showing the roll problem:

And here's the video from the previous Z15 5D that twitched:

Zenmuse Z15 5D3 non HD gimbal now with 360 panoramic
Well well DJI just has redeemed themselves(for today) I received my older 5D3 gimbal back from service because of the horrible horizon drift and it now has the the latest GCU 2.4 and IMU 1.8 in it.
This now features 360 degree panoramic photo function and auto calibration function.
I am happy to report the gimbal's horizon drift on the bench, is within my bubble level lines.....WOW.
Not perfect but very close....This only took about 1 year to get this issue resolved.
I still notice a Buzz in certain positions but it may pass with a push .
I cannot get the "S" bus function to work, this new firmware does not seem to detect the signal. Can someone else confirm if the sbus is working on Aux2.
Thanks
I sent in my GH3 gimbal for a tune up since it is still under warranty, lets see if that one get fixed as well:)

Nevermind its worse than before..
Well back to square 1 well actually about 5 steps back. The weather has turned warmer so I loaded up the S1000 with the Zen Z15 5D3 and went out to test my freshly serviced gimbal from DJI Service. Well it is 10 times worse in the air than it was before.... Ed now what?I have waited 1 year with this POS and it does not work. The horizon drift is worse than ever. While it looks ok on the bench in the air it is useless even for still photos. I will upload later today video and still shots. Maybe DJI should try to test this on the copter while in flight?
At what stage do I get my cash back for this. How long does one have to wait for a fix "Who is responsible for this to work? :mad:

i have a question... did any body have any experience setting up Graupner MZ-24 (for instance) with DJI Z15 GH4 gimbal for camera control
I don;t want to use the DJI lightbridge for control

i have a question... did any body have any experience setting up Graupner MZ-24 (for instance) with DJI Z15 GH4 gimbal for camera control
I don;t want to use the DJI lightbridge for control
Because the lightbridge is on the 2.4GHz you cannot use another 2.4GHz transmitter/RX. You you will have to use a UHF radio for copter control and then attach another radio to the lightbridge in trainer mode to control the gimbal through the 2.4GHz lightbridge link