Zenmuse Z15 5D MARK III

Tuukkuli

I received my Movi M5 and after short and quick balancing and tuning I got the gimbal airborne. The gimbal works so well. Horizon is straight, one can adjust pan/tilt speed real time, construction is professional and solid. Not to mention very good and informative tutorial videos on Freefly pages.

So all I can say is: Thanks Freefly people for making a gimbal that just works!. I am so so happy. With Zen 5D I probably would still would be scratching my head, frustrated and angry. Waiting for a firmware update that may someday come. Or not.

See the video. It speaks for itself. Straight from camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow it's almost perfect and you can balance any lens you need on that frame. Does it include software for tuning? And how much does the gimbal weigh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tuukkuli

Wow it's almost perfect and you can balance any lens you need on that frame. Does it include software for tuning? And how much does the gimbal weigh?

Just google M5 and you´ll get all the answers you need. No point asking such questions on forum in my opinion. With all kindness.

Well DJI got back to me after 2 weeks and stated that they are testing new firmware for the Zen 5D3. Fingers crossed that it works like it should after it gets released. As far as time frame they said "soon" I told them I would be a beta tester as it cant get any worse

Rentakill

Has any1 received any further updates re software patch. I have an x4 being built as we speak, just hoping zenmuse works well.

cjayres

Terry Wan at DJI has confirmed that the firmware update in now in internal testing and will be released in the coming days.

Steveact1

We have done our first shoots with our djis1000, z15 and canon d5 mark iii. Footage looks great, but our horizon is off a little bit. I see you adjusted your z15 screws. Are you aware of any adjustment screws for horizon? I'm very familiar with doing this on a camera jib, but have not tackled the z15 because they tell you not to...and i understand why...there are probably a lot of people out there that would really screw it up by moving too much at a time. Anyway, i'd be interested if you had any info on horizon adjustment. Thanks!

Steveact1

One other thing, we are having problems with the remote control feature on the dji s1000/z15. With the camera in remote control mode, it starts and stops recording at will...i can start the record function, but after a period of time (which varies) it stops...and ultimately will start recording again. When we had the shutter feature enabled, it mixed it up by giving us stills as well as video clips. But since we only shoot video, we disabled that feature. I'd be interested if anyone else has experienced this. It gets a little old running up and pushing the record button on on the camera manually before taking off, then pushing it again to stop recording after we land.

Zenmuse 5d error

Hey guys.

something else real quick...

i had a crash with my skyjib 6 the other day. since then, my zenmuse 5d mark III wont work right anymore. when i turn it on, it starts spinning around the horizontal level very quickly. there is no obvious damage on the gimbal. i disassembled it but i cant see any damage on the electronics.

software update wont help either.

after the crash the horizontal pole went down a little so i had to level it out again. the camera stays in level when i put it in the turned off gimbal, so i guess its not a disbalance problem.

has someone experienced this problem at all?

does someone know how long it usually takes to get a gimbal repaired from dji?

thanks in advance,

phil

ps: i have/had the mentioned horizontal drift problem on my gimbal too.

Quinton

Hey guys.

something else real quick...

i had a crash with my skyjib 6 the other day. since then, my zenmuse 5d mark III wont work right anymore. when i turn it on, it starts spinning around the horizontal level very quickly. there is no obvious damage on the gimbal. i disassembled it but i cant see any damage on the electronics.

software update wont help either.

after the crash the horizontal pole went down a little so i had to level it out again. the camera stays in level when i put it in the turned off gimbal, so i guess its not a disbalance problem.

has someone experienced this problem at all?

does someone know how long it usually takes to get a gimbal repaired from dji?

thanks in advance,

phil

ps: i have/had the mentioned horizontal drift problem on my gimbal too.

What happened during the crash, was there a problem?

If you look at post #74 video here is that what you are experiencing, as that was happening before I even flew it..
http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?16042-Zenmuse-Z15-5D-MARK-III/page8

i went down too fast so the copter got into a vortex ring. didnt expected it would effect the drone THAT much!
so it wasnt an electronic problem. my gcu is placed on a "safe" spot on the copter, so i figure it couldnt get any hit from the crash.

when i connect the gcu to the assistant software, it wont recognise me as a registered user. and i cant login! it still regognises the current version of the gcu though.

Each axis has a encoder on it(pot) check that it is not damaged or shifted. If this has moved the gimbal will not know where it is and may do strange things as it will have no reference to "zero" maybe slip ring damage....

yeah i did that. checked the pots. but the bad thing is that i couldnt get my way to the pan motor pot. somehow you can not open that part of the gimbal even when you unscrew all screws! there are 2 screws they are kind of hidden. so you can not reach them with any screwdriver. weird!

hifidiaries

ML RAW on Zenmuse??

We cannot get it to work. If nayone here knows of what settings to try that would be great! Here is what happens:

We boot everything up, plug in the zenmuse and on the monitor for Cam op we see Matrix like code across screen non stop. when we hit record button on controller assigned to zenmuse for shutter, nothing. and when we manually start recording it stops instantly...

i dont have magic latern on mine, though they say that in some cases it messes up your internal camera software.
i usually connect the gimbal before i boot up the whole system. you might want to try this.

Does this only happens in the zenmse?
ML RAW on Zenmuse??

We cannot get it to work. If nayone here knows of what settings to try that would be great! Here is what happens:

We boot everything up, plug in the zenmuse and on the monitor for Cam op we see Matrix like code across screen non stop. when we hit record button on controller assigned to zenmuse for shutter, nothing. and when we manually start recording it stops instantly...

Tuukkuli

ML RAW on Zenmuse??

I have ML installed and I use it with my Movi M5. I use the AV out port to send the image into a 5.8GHz video TX. Works good. No problems. So it should be possible. What camera do you have? I have Canon 5D Mark III.