Zenmuse Z15 5D MARK III

justibust

And then there is mine doing a chicken dance here in South Africa. This happened once I updated the firmware. Previously it appeared to perform the start-up rolling procedure, and then began a very slow shift downwards and sideways simultaneously until is was locked against the frame. This straight out of the box. Infuriating. Is there no fix from DJI? This sort of issue seems to be very common now that I've looked around for it . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

you might want to try to change the can-bus cable set up. ive got my Z5DIII can-bus hooked to the compass can-bus port. apperently it makes a difference where you plug in the gimbal, even DJI says nothing about it.

justibust

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm not near the octopter right now and I'll try that when I get home. I DO know that the compass can-bus is unassigned right now so your (strange) suggestion becomes possible. But then much about DJI is strange. But then maybe it's strange just to me. Thanks. I'll try, and report back. :)

Area21

Area21
Anyone know where I can purchase a Lens Retaining Ring for a Z15 Gimbal holding a Canon 5D Mk 2 or 3 lens (the recommended 24 mm F2.8 lens).
Also looking for a Cable that connects from the 2 pin gimbal port to a Canon 5D Mk 3 (small usb which is different to the 3.5mm round connector on the Canon 5D Mk2.

Where are you located? I got a spare lens ring you can have but the shipping might not be worth it.
Anyone know where I can purchase a Lens Retaining Ring for a Z15 Gimbal holding a Canon 5D Mk 2 or 3 lens (the recommended 24 mm F2.8 lens).
Also looking for a Cable that connects from the 2 pin gimbal port to a Canon 5D Mk 3 (small usb which is different to the 3.5mm round connector on the Canon 5D Mk2.

Area21

Area21
Leeds Uk.
Where are you located? I got a spare lens ring you can have but the shipping might not be worth it.
Leeds UK - I am really interested in the camera ring. Or could you please accurately measure yours and I will have one 3D Printed in PLA.
Outside Diameter = xxx mm
Inside Diameter = xxx mm
Maximum Height = xxx mm (don't worry about the sections that are at a lesser height. I can cut these away after its printed). But please be as accurate as possible with the internal and external diameters.
Kind regards - Adrian.