Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I'm hoping it'll fix the roll issue. The A2 has an advanced calibration function but us WKM users don't, so hopefully auto calibration will help.

rb1kanobe

Ever since I purchased my S1000 and Z15 GH4 two months ago I've had this black fading to white screen. In the beginning I was able to power cycle and get the video to come through. It isn't necessarily due to low temperatures as I had the problem the other day in 50+F weather. Video seems to be the only problem as I can get a live feed when the camera is setup to take stills. I called the vendor that sold me the unit and DJI LA and they had never heard of the problem. DJI LA said to send the gimbal in for repair which will take 5 to 6 weeks. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. On a positive note.....thanks to all on this forum for doing DJI's R&D work!

Timtim

The new HDMI board is here and fitted. Can anyone tell from looking at the boards what's different? The only thing I can spot is the lack of covering on the chips. Maybe this just allows enough temperature from the chips to warm up the other components? Here are a few pix in case you are fitting it yourself. Take care if the ribbon cable is stuck to the cover with double sided foam tape, which our original gimbal had. It's pretty tricky getting those ribbon cables etc out. The white multi-pin connectors catch on the components, so you have to lift them slightly as you pull them out. The image worked straight away at room temperature. Now for a temperature test, except it's now too warm outside....

Attachments

• timandrew_HDM-5576.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5576.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 293
  • timandrew_HDM-5577.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5577.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 309
  • timandrew_HDM-5578.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5578.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 316
  • timandrew_HDM-5581.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5581.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 293
  • timandrew_HDM-5582.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5582.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 281
  • timandrew_HDM-5583.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5583.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 327
  • timandrew_HDM-5584.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5584.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 277
  • timandrew_HDM-5585.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5585.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 322
  • timandrew_HDM-5588.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5588.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 302
  • timandrew_HDM-5591.jpg
    timandrew_HDM-5591.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 297

You could try putting it in a chest freezer for 20 mins or so then powering it up.
I did that with a Futaba T10j to dignose a faulty Rf board

Benjamin Kenobi

So, NTSC!

I need to record in NTSC with the Zen and GH4.

If I set the GH4 to NTSC I get no video out. If I power up the zen and GH4 in PAL then switch camera to NTSC I get video out.

This will kind of work but adds 30s to my setup time.

Anyone know of a better way to stay in NTSC all the time? Surely in the USA everyone must be filming in NTSC using this same equipment?!

scotth

The most common issue I hear of is the Zenmuse HD>AV converter only converts to PAL, therefore the downlink monitor must be set to PAL. Perhaps with you it's the other way around. I assume you are resetting your monitor to NTSC?

My typical setting 90% of the time is C4K at 24.00p which gives me more of the sensor to play with in post. The converter spits out PAL and my monitor is set to PAL (which is a pain because my FPV camera needs to be PAL also since I switch between them).

Benjamin Kenobi

Hmmm, that's weird then.

I don't care about the output, but want to record at 24fps. The Zen doesn't output a signal in any thing other than PAL (green light doesn't flash etc).

If I start in PAL and leave everything powered on, switching to NTSC works and Zen outputs, although green light on Zen flashes differently.

Benjamin Kenobi

Right, so, I forgot I had another S900 and Zenmuse (even though it's sitting right next to me!) and tried the GH4 on that. Works perfectly in NTSC and PAL!

The only difference with it is I haven't updated the Zenmuse firmware.