Zenmuse GH4 Owners thread

scotth

The only possible issue I can see is that you will have a low contrast, soft(er) image than usual when the camera is recording with the V-log profile. If you have an HD downlink though, and a production monitor that can apply a lookup table (LUT) that would help. Panasonic messed up by the way, and inadvertently made V-log available yesterday for free. It has since been pulled down.

RobertoMFS

Yes, I know the good news of V-log
I think that I read that somebody some time ago do an upgrade and lost the video output or something related between the HDMI and Zenmuse.

It's only to check if somebody have an issue with the 2.3 before do it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ZAxis

Yes, I know the good news of V-log
I think that I read that somebody some time ago do an upgrade and lost the video output or something related between the HDMI and Zenmuse.

It's only to check if somebody have an issue with the 2.3 before do it.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hey guys, I have been using the GH4 gimbal with 2.3 and V log for the past week. no issues to report from my end, just be aware that V log has a minimum ISO of 400 so a lot more light gets in & can be bit noisy in the shadows, so as long as your post house is aware of it then the upgrade is defiantly worth it.

Lec

BogotaMatt

Big Kahuna @ AirLulo
I have the weirdest problem with 2 Z15 GH4 : they will shake erratically at power-up, and will not calibrate until the copter is calibrated, this is happening on 2 different copters. On the compass is calibrated, they will accept to calibrate, but will tilt and roll somehow. DJI is saying that the roll motor is failing but it seems weird as it is the pan motor that seems inop until copter is calibrated. No weird noises, no smoke, no heat, copters up to date, nothing done to it, problem started on its own out of the blue... It will do it at EVERY power up.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
has anyone tried using a GH4 as a continuous shoot, non-recording studio camera?

scotth

has anyone tried using a GH4 as a continuous shoot, non-recording studio camera?
In 4k? I have a few GH4's on YAGH bases that I was going to set up as studio cameras but went with the Blackmagic instead since I get camera control with their ATEM switcher. Be happy to test anything you want on the GH4's though. Keep in mind that the 4K SDI out option requires 4 SDI cables, each one carrying a quarter of the image.

Bartman

no, it's for a streaming application so the format will likely be 720P 30fps

i'm anxious to announce the project I've been working on but just need a few more days to get the announcement organized. i'll also be initiating email delivery via a third party email service so i'll be working on a monthly update newsletter or something like that very soon.

i thought about asking BM if they'd like to sponsor the studio by supplying a few cameras, some lights, and a converter or two but haven't contacted them yet. :)

Nikoli

Hey, new here.

I have my S900 setup with GH4 ZENMUSE and a normal wireless 5.8ghz transmitter.

Everything is connected properly as mentioned in the manual.

When I power on S900, gimbal calibrates normally. The GH4 is turned on, and gimbal LED is solid green and red and there is NO VIDEO on monitor. Just shows white/grey

If i toggle switch to HD, LED starts blinking RED. If I toggle back to A/V, LED continues to blinking RED and still no Video on monitor.

Video on monitor is just white/grey.

Need help, this is the first time powering up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

thanks Pete! someone turned me onto a cheap Sony Handicam that works great as a streaming studio camera so I bought two of those plus I'll have the GH4 and my trusty, thrice crashed Canon T2i, and a GoPro

Just need a launch date but that'll be announced via email any day now. :)

pyrevkirill

The new HDMI board is here and fitted. Can anyone tell from looking at the boards what's different? The only thing I can spot is the lack of covering on the chips. Maybe this just allows enough temperature from the chips to warm up the other components? Here are a few pix in case you are fitting it yourself. Take care if the ribbon cable is stuck to the cover with double sided foam tape, which our original gimbal had. It's pretty tricky getting those ribbon cables etc out. The white multi-pin connectors catch on the components, so you have to lift them slightly as you pull them out. The image worked straight away at room temperature. Now for a temperature test, except it's now too warm outside....
where you bought this new board ? please?