XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

Dhardjono

Gain control and red light at 1:24

Ok i look at the report it show at 1 min and 24 sec it change to gps for 1 sec that when the red light come here the report http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_21_072538.966_27.2.09.47

Also when adjusting gain when the gain knob in the middle it will have red light flashing now this was like that before crash but not the1:24 min red light to gps here a video .

Any help appreciated don't want crash again :livid::livid:

Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ok i look at the report it show at 1 min and 24 sec it change to gps for 1 sec that when the red light come here the report http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_21_072538.966_27.2.09.47

Any help appreciated don't want crash again :livid::livid:

Did you get Super X from a XAircraft dealer? the log you have posted here has some very strange reports that I think need to be sorted out in China.

1. the UTC date on flights 27, 28 and 29 the latest is 1980!
2. the last flight 29 as well as 27 & 28 show you have NO satellites at all!
3. Vibration is good but motors not so.
4. It shows take off with 27% throttle! I don't think so.
5. Your height fluctuates from 1 to 3 meters like it is a yoyo
6. Your battery levels would be un-flyable

I presume you know to click on 'show report' top right of the opening black box window.

My only advice is to contact your local XAircraft dealer, get them to look at the report and advise you.

The main issue is you have no satellites at all, flying is possible but not recommended for a novice.

Good luck

David
View attachment 15217View attachment 15218View attachment 15219View attachment 15220

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 262
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 244

VIQuad

Never seen that before.....

Perhaps when you adjust the gain like you are doing, its going to where it gets so extreme(if you were to be flying) that it is out of the range of the SuperX ability to control the aircraft and it is defaulting into Safe Mode at that point?

...just a guess as to why the red flashing comes in at a certain point on the dial.

Dhardjono

That because i was flying in my living room small room . But today i went out my gps broke i can not get the gps to work i calibrate and all that i think it's the Frey wire from last week crash i was flying in attitude mode i will show you when i convert it here is the video of what happens to gps.
also try to move the other boxthe one that attache to gps no luck.

As far as the black box yes i open report but if you check the one i gave you and play button at 1 min and 34 sec it change to gps than back to attitude and i did not touch any swicth i bought it from Hobby wing they got it from xaircraft china. anaoew i need spend another 140 for white puck hahaha money pits for me:shame: I forgot i will check black box see if i get any satelites

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
That because i was flying in my living room small room . But today i went out my gps broke i can not get the gps to work i calibrate and all that i think it's the Frey wire from last week crash i was flying in attitude mode i will show you when i convert it here is the video of what happens to gps. also try to move the other boxthe one that attache to gps no luck.

As far as the black box yes i open report but if you check the one i gave you and play button at 1 min and 34 sec it change to gps than back to attitude and i did not touch any swicth i bought it from Hobby wing they got it from xaircraft china. anaoew i need spend another 140 for white puck hahaha money pits for me:shame: I forgot i will check black box see if i get any satelites

You are just not feeling me! YOU ARE NOT GETTING ANY SATELLITE SIGNAL! if your GPS module is broken get a new one, if you are in a Satellite black spot move home! but until you can get Super X to see satellites doing anything else is a mute point, sorry and I know it's money at the wrong time of the year but it is broken!

Sorry I have gone as far as I can, maybe somebody else can take up the gauntlet and help, I'm getting too old for it :dejection:

David

Dhardjono

Yes i appreciate your help David gps is not working.
So i just saw the video i had gain up high i get so manny jello effect don't know hwy it vibrate so much it's same type as my arris 650 from hobby wing but that arris is much smoother and no jello effect i might give up on this project and use it as fun flying here video comparison
the arris 650 was shot on 2k 24 cin i forgot to add sharpness and the 650 pro 1080 60 p both no post stabilizer .
here is the report for today flying. http://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_21_172937.250_32.4.07.50

So in conclusion i am disappointed in the jello effect from vibration of 650 pro and i was flying in attitude mode should be much smoother than gps .
And there was no wind at all today calm warm day.

VIQuad

pretty big difference in the Arris 650 and the X650 Pro.

I'd say the Arris 650 wins, if there's truely no stabilization. Pretty obvious difference. Interesting.

Dhardjono

Yes Vquad there must be some thing we can do to make the 650 pro less vibration when i was flying today looks so smooth the way it flies now i am home look horible even with stabilization can't help it that much. :livid: Time to get what i really wanted in first place a qav 400 from lumineersi saw so many videos on that quad jello free frame t's like it's on rails sorry for bad negative comments on 650 pro but need smooth shots for my work. If anyone has answer would be greatfull.

Dhardjono

Yeah that the type i am looking at flat and smaller i can take with me look close to the qav 400 but this one is foldible which is nice.
Here a nice smooth shots from 650 pro super x i want mine doing this.

VIQuad

Yeah that the type i am looking at flat and smaller i can take with me look close to the qav 400 but this one is foldible which is nice.
Here a nice smooth shots from 650 pro super x i want mine doing this.

Yeah, those are some really nice shots. Some of it looks stabilized as well, which is fine. But I know we all aspire to have it as steady as possible right out of the camera. At least I know I do.
I think the more steady it is right out of the camera the better the final result will be. So thats why I want to eliminate as much vibrations and shakes as possible. I am always surprised by some peoples results I see, with their claim of no stabilization in post. Especially knowing all I have done to get great video right out of the camera and still have very small shakes or tiny vibrations. it drives me nuts.

I have a theory that the "flex" in the X650's lower frame, being the loading pipes, skids, gimbal, etc. All of that is just held on by those 4 dampeners that the load pipes go through. There is a little flex around those connections. I have tried to minimize that by stiffening that area with various techniques, it might help a little bit. But I definitely think that is a culprit to some of the minor shakes and tiny vibrations that come through on video taken by a X650.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Yes i appreciate your help David gps is not working.
So i just saw the video i had gain up high i get so manny jello effect don't know hwy it vibrate so much it's same type as my arris 650 from hobby wing but that arris is much smoother and no jello effect i might give up on this project and use it as fun flying here video comparisonhttp://log.xaircraft.com/#2013_12_21_172937.250_32.4.07.50
So in conclusion i am disappointed in the jello effect from vibration of 650 pro and i was flying in attitude mode should be much smoother than gps .
And there was no wind at all today calm warm day.

You know anything with wind over 5km/h is going to create vehicle vibration that cannot be completely removed by even a 3 Axis gimbal and absorption balls, and that Vibration is different to Jello? looking at your latest flight I'd say you had underestimated the wind that day judging by how your motor thrust is shown, 1 pair of motors working harder than the other indicates the vehicle trying to remain level.

Still it seems you have a 'games plan' now which is good and I wish you all the best for that and the season.

David

Dhardjono

VQUAD yes might be those 4 dampener today going to try softer rubber dampener on the arris 2000 than i will try my tarot gimbal. David could be at that fisrt flight was windy day i think you live in Australia like to go there 1 day i must visit my uncle in Brisbane have not seen him for 20 years maybe we can go flying one day. Here a video from yesterday with light post stabilization.
Not so bad:shame:

VIQuad

VQUAD yes might be those 4 dampener today going to try softer rubber dampener on the arris 2000 than i will try my tarot gimbal. David could be at that fisrt flight was windy day i think you live in Australia like to go there 1 day i must visit my uncle in Brisbane have not seen him for 20 years maybe we can go flying one day. Here a video from yesterday with light post stabilization.
Not so bad:shame:

Those little shakes at .28 seconds - .32 seconds. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. :cold: Even with stabilization you can still find the trouble spots in a video, or at least this one. So I spent a lot of time trying to fix those kind of things. And I feel like some of it is attributed to the "flexibility" in the X650's frame, more specifically those 4 dampeners connections to the lower half of the quad. The Phantom is solid(plastic) all around and I think that's a big part of its solid performance with a gimbal right out of the box. Meaning the top and bottom portions are more solid put together.

The gimbal is going to handle more abrupt variations in flight with keeping the camera level and taking out any drastic angles in flight. And then any micro vibrations or tiny shakes are going to come from the quad itself, in the way its set up. Being balanced props, motors, and the airframe itself. While I feel I get good performance from my gimbal set up. I think these micro vibrations you see at the .28 second mark are from something within the quad. That's what I'm constantly hunting down on my quad, and I think the "flex" in the airframe is one minor "flaw" so-to-speak with the X650. I understand what those 4 dampeners are there for, but I wonder what else could be done to correct this transfer of shakes and vibration. Perhaps more points of contact so its more rigid with better vibration isolation?

Just my observation anyway....

wbrownj

Hi all,

Going back a bit in this thread... There was some info from XAircraftAustralia:

...the little box is the auto pilot. Easy way to tell, get a small magnet and put it on the box, then put it on the disk. When magnetic interference occurs the LED turns yellow. An iPhone or other smart phone does the same thing

Can I just have a quick sanity check that the autopilot does not need to be physically aligned in any particular orientation.
I know the puck needs to face toward the front but I have recently been tidying things up a bit and I moved the autopilot into a nose to tail orientation. That should be ok shouldn't it?

Thanks as ever

Jonathan

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi all,

Going back a bit in this thread... There was some info from XAircraftAustralia:

...the little box is the auto pilot. Easy way to tell, get a small magnet and put it on the box, then put it on the disk. When magnetic interference occurs the LED turns yellow. An iPhone or other smart phone does the same thing

Can I just have a quick sanity check that the autopilot does not need to be physically aligned in any particular orientation.
I know the puck needs to face toward the front but I have recently been tidying things up a bit and I moved the autopilot into a nose to tail orientation. That should be ok shouldn't it?

Thanks as ever

Jonathan

I don't think so although have nothing to base that on, given I thought that was the compass not the person to rely on! although if you look at the set up video from XAircraft you will note he has shoved his under the bottom plate, you really can't see it!

David

Dhardjono

Those little shakes at .28 seconds - .32 seconds. That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. :cold: Even with stabilization you can still find the trouble spots in a video, or at least this one. So I spent a lot of time trying to fix those kind of things.

Ok only reason i considered this 650 pro because i watch Ali video all of his video he has 650 v4 but similar to 650 and it rock steady shots here one where he demos a build he just did
I am going maybe to try diferent motor or props he also has this video .
or just use his motor prop combo or i still have some parts from my ARRIS 650 that was lost in the Hudson river i got 10.-4.5 prop and sunny sky motor they are less powerful but enough to go fast but less vibration.

VIQuad

Yes, I understand that and have seen all of Ali's videos. They are very informative, and he is a great ambassador for the sport.

Then again, he is in the business of selling his high priced setups, whether he stabilizes his videos or not, I find it very hard to believe that he hasn't. Because he has a vested interest to show his set ups in the best way possible. And nice smooth video does that for prospective buyer out there. I personally cant trust it. Especially after my own experience with the same setups he has been running.

I like my X650 setup for what it is. But I am considering a new platform for my next rig. perhaps an AD1 - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2058144

or this new design, looks promising - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2059747