Why? Contest entries!

Macsgrafs

Is anyone else havign problems viewing "mejakethomas" entry? I get blocked in my country (UK) due to EMI copyright!!!!!!!

Ross

nicwilke

Is anyone else havign problems viewing "mejakethomas" entry? I get blocked in my country (UK) due to EMI copyright!!!!!!!

Ross
I actually just viewed it (and commented on it in YouTube) 5 mins ago, so... Nope, all clear here in Australia. I had my music cleared for copyright as it is royalty free music.

Macsgrafs

Still can't view it :( gutted.

View attachment 6405

Can anyone else here in the UK view this video please?

Ross

Attachments

• blocked.jpg
    blocked.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 149

ChrisViperM

If you use TOR (https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en) you can watch it. There is one of the entries I coudn't watch in Austria...TOR solved the problem + a few other good features.

If I had to decide who is the winner, I wouldn't know what to do....everyone got their own "handwriting" and style....and I love them all. Why not ask Bart to make everyone a winner and get them all the full bag of goodies...can't be that difficult

Chris

Macsgrafs

If you use TOR (https://www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser.html.en) you can watch it. There is one of the entries I coudn't watch in Austria...TOR solved the problem + a few other good features.

Chris

the problem is Chris, that the winning video will be hosted on the sponsors websites...imagine all the customers that wouldnt be able to view that particular video if they lived in Europe...not a good business plan! I had never heard of torproject until you posted the link above....you must know that if you cant view something within 3 button clicks, people go to another website.

Ross

ChrisViperM

yeah...didn't think about the "business plan"....sorry. Since I can see the video in Austria, I opened it directly on the Youtube site, and there is a remark that the video is not listed, and only if you have the direct link you can watch it, and this setting could cause troubles for you guys in the UK. Youtube says that a "not listed" video is some sort of privat video and will not show up at Youtube, even if you look for it. So it looks like mejakethomas has to change something...couldn't find any posts from him in this forum, so Bart might have to contact him

Chris

Macsgrafs

yeah...didn't think about the "business plan"....sorry. Since I can see the video in Austria, I opened it directly on the Youtube site, and there is a remark that the video is not listed, and only if you have the direct link you can watch it, and this setting could cause troubles for you guys in the UK. Youtube says that a "not listed" video is some sort of privat video and will not show up at Youtube, even if you look for it. So it looks like mejakethomas has to change something...couldn't find any posts from him in this forum, so Bart might have to contact him

Chris

No worries Chris...I also tried searching for a member called mejakethomas & couldnt find him, would love him to host it on vimeo, at least I could see it as well then :(

Ross

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
No worries Chris...I also tried searching for a member called mejakethomas & couldnt find him, would love him to host it on vimeo, at least I could see it as well then :(

Ross

I've asked Jake to post his video to Vimeo so maybe that will happen soon and you'll be able to see it. It's a very well done piece of work.

Bart

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Gentlemen,

Your patience is indeed appreciated! It's difficult to get very busy people from all over the world to come together on something like this but that is exactly what has happened and we're happy to announce the winner is
Mr. Benjamin Rowland of Yonder Blue Films!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qDlI5LE0tiY?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Congrats Ben!!

Nic's video was a close second, and Tucker's piece came in third.

Like I said earlier, I'm in awe of the skills shown in all of the entries. Thanks to everyone for participating!

Bart

I'm super excited to win the contest and grateful to Bart and all of the awesome sponsors. We put a lot of work into the video, so it means a lot to be recognized in this way. Congrats to Nic and Tucker and all of the participants. There were several great videos produced that will help to grow this hobby / industry. I'm excited to be a part of it.

Thanks so much and all the best to each of you,
Benjamin Rowland

ChrisViperM

Congratulations Ben, you truly deserve it....although you are the one who gets the goody bag, I would say that all entries are winners....for the efford and their heart they put in.

PS: Since Ben is becoming filthy rich now, he might find some time to carry on with his AP lessons.....don't you all agree ???

Chris