WARNING - Firmware 5.24

Kilby

Doesn't the assistant install the firmware for you? Have you tried, or did you just see the assistant and not the firmware and stop there?

Teco

The assistant downloads the firmware.

Well, I tried , downloaded the assistant 1.34 I think, I want to roll back to 5.16 firmwere, but it didn't work, my wife was calling me so I count go more deep on it, I'll try more later

B

Bengit

Dave, I did some back to back testing on my F550 this weekend. With 5.22 I was getting a lock on 12 satellites all the time, 3 flights back to back and all working flawlessly. Did an update to 5.26 in the field and it would only ever get a lock on 9 max. I always check the C of G whenever I connect a new pack so it's definitely not that. I'm back on 5.22 now and it seems to be pretty solid. Ditto your comments on the iPad stuff. I've now got a Bluetooth unit which is nothing more than an additional battery drain for absolutely no practical use over the standard LED.

What weight are you flying your 550 at? You check your cg in x,y and z after every pack change?

Teco

ok. just roll it back to 5.16.

any one can share the gains with me? i am using carboncore octo 1000

thanks

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The issue is still about the yellow green flash that was never there in 5.22 but now is a bloody pain in the arse.. DJI ROLL YOUR SLEEVES UP AND SOLVE THIS!!

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
I updated to 5.24 and was happy to have a functioning RTH - which I have never yet felt the need to activate, but we do like to have things working as they are supposed to - and cannot say I noticed anything strange. But after all this talk here I didn't want to go out and suddenly get hit by it so I have gone back to 5.22 and used a Tx prog. mix to activate FailSafe to replace the non-functioning RTH.

It would be nice if DJI could issue one last fully-functioning WKM FW before they devote all their development attention on the A2.

CrashMaster

It would be nice if DJI could issue one last fully-functioning WKM FW before they devote all their development attention on the A2.

They may even leave it broken hoping that their Beta testers, us, pay out even more of our hard earned cash to buy their latest, new improved, and reliable hardware. However, having been following the Xaircraft SuperX progress it may be that they will now have to try harder to turn us Beta testers into real customers soon. I for one fly an Xaircraft x650 Pro so am looking at the SuperX very very closely.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
They may even leave it broken hoping that their Beta testers, us, pay out even more of our hard earned cash to buy their latest, new improved, and reliable hardware. However, having been following the Xaircraft SuperX progress it may be that they will now have to try harder to turn us Beta testers into real customers soon. I for one fly an Xaircraft x650 Pro so am looking at the SuperX very very closely.

Aye Up CM keep is posted.. I have not had time to look at the XA FC but when I have time I will be giving it a look and see if it can do what I need... guess we are all tied to the land of the dragon though as HF and MK cant seem to keep up..

Dave

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
... guess we are all tied to the land of the dragon though as HF and MK cant seem to keep up..

???

What precisely is there to keep up with? Confusing flashing LED patterns? Unexplained runaway flights? Intermittent erratic behaviour?

A strange set of criteria you have for a Leader of the Pack.

The ONLY reason I have a WKM is to support the Zenmuse. The Zenmuse is the only decent thing DJI makes. Otherwise, for trustworthy Flight Control give me the MK stack any and every day. MK software might be full of intimidating and incomprehensible numbers but if you just leave it all on default settings - other than minimum throttle and various obvious user choices - it just hums away predictably and reliably. I do not know if there is a newer firmware than 0.90 and I don't care if there is because 0.90 works great.

On the other side we have those twats at DJI who just cannot stop stumbling over their own feet in their haste to release the next piece of flashy crap, leaving everything before unfinished.

If there were sufficient space on a crowded MR hub I would have MK in charge of flight control and navigation and have a stripped down WKM to allow the Z-15 to function. And the minute there is a viable, standalone Z-15 alternative that is not shackled to the WKM and is actually available to buy, DJI loses its one and only trump card.

hexacop

HexaCop
As mentioned few weeks back, I had the same problem with my WKM and GPS v2, after few email exchanges with DJI I have returned the WKM (complete kit) to DJI and now 6 weeks later I got a replacement unit which work as expected with the last FW and GPS is working.
I would suggest everyone who has got a problem with yellow/green flash after firmware update to contact DJI and get the crap replaced.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
???

What precisely is there to keep up with? Confusing flashing LED patterns? Unexplained runaway flights? Intermittent erratic behaviour?

A strange set of criteria you have for a Leader of the Pack.

Aye Up Mombassa. I aint really leader of any pack but my own little tribe!

I have 4 WKM machines running virtually everyday commercially and just for fun and all on 5.20 with out ANY issues what so ever. I have just rebuilt my oldest machine which has been hammered to death and was the comfiest pair of slippers ever, I only rebuilt it to double check everything was still ok and yep, apart from new sec's and motors everything is just fine.

We also just got back from a shoot in Peru at 11,000ft in 28ºc which we flew until the packs melted! (well not quite) and never an issue.

Build um right, set um up properly and the WKM is bomb proof. Now the A2 is a totally different story! At the moment I have two bloody paper weights! When they did fly they where crap, BUT I guess I did not have the time to fully set them up before upgrading the firmware which killed them dead for use on Spektrum.

Hexacop. I my just send the A2 back and see what they say. Did you send them back to dealer or straight to DJI?

Dave

hexacop

HexaCop
I have sent the WKM back to the dealer and he send it to DJI Europe. The WKM and the replaced GPS I got back from DJI works great with latest firmware so no issues anymore.
Will continue to use the WKM and since DJI does not fully support PPM for >8 channels I'm not willing to invest in A2.
I also have real doubts that the A2 firmware is ready for save flights with expensive hardware.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Aye Up Mombassa. I aint really leader of any pack but my own little tribe!...

Steady on Dave. The "leader of the pack" was your expression for DJI, when pitted against MK et all.

Anyway, I stand by my comments and these are borne out with your "STOP! Don't buy an A2" thread.

After the endless problems with my piece of crap S800/Z-15, which unfortunately delivers some excellent results so I can't diss it 100%, I have just bought a Zenmuse-GH3 and the poxy fcuknig thing is faulty. It is just totally, absolutely and incomprehensibly beyond belief just how much faulty gear I have purchased. Now I am stuck in Kenya with yet another useless bit of DJI rubbish.

"Leader of The Pack"? Bollocks.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

We also just got back from a shoot in Peru at 11,000ft in 28ºc which we flew until the packs melted! (well not quite) and never an issue.

BTW, forgot to ask. What the hell sort of gains did you have to run at 11,000ft? I am finding the S800 skittish at 7,500ft!