Tilt control on a spektrum

Nigel,
Have you confirmed with the Wookong Software Assistant that your tilt controls are making it into the Wookong?
Have you upgraded your ZenH3-2D to the latest firmware? v1.4? (The original software had a flaw that didn't allow the tilt to work with the Wookong if you were already using the gimbal channel for IOC.)

I guess I'm wondering if you know if all of your Wokong channels are mapped into your transmitter or not. If they are, then when you pull up the assistant software for the Wookong you will see all our controls reflected and you can see you are moving them with your transmitter. Once you know the Wookong is getting tilt control from your transmitter, the Zenmuse will automatically see it as well and do the tilt up/down.

Yes. If you are using SBUS, then it's just a matter of configuring your transmitter. If you have each channel individually wired, you'll also need to make sure your have X3 wired as well. Once it's setup and wired, you should see X3 move in the Wookong ASW, and you'll be able to control the speed and direction of tilt (centered stick being no motion).

So I am guessing that you have 5 or 6 wires between your Spectrum receiver and the Wookong; so you have A, E, T, R, U, and maybe X2, all wired, and that X3 is NOT connected on your Wookong. (Please correct me if I am reading in between the lines incorrectly.)

Connect the X3 to a spare channel on your receiver (maybe channel 7?). Now assign one of your free controls on your AR8000 to channel 7 output (if that was the free channel). If you are using a slider or dial, then the center position should be the "don't move" position, and moving to either direction will tilt the camera up or down, fast or slow depending on how much it's turned. If all you have is a switch, then you'll need at least a 3-way switch to tell the gimbal to go up, down, or no movement.

As for the specifics on how to assign a control to a channel, I can't help you with the Spectrum since I don't own one. Others on this forum can help you with that detail.

I hope this is helping...