Hoverfly Video thread

tstrike

pendejo grande
Freekin Carlos, always ruinin the shot. Take 20 bucks and buy your posse member who was shooting your behind the scenes a tripod for gods sake, that gave me a headache.

Aerovideo

A little FPV flight over a river with a few little camera dunks thrown in :) Gotta love the waterproof GoPro case!

Last edited by a moderator:

Simple and effective aquatic design (yours?) but it handles pretty darn well above water too. Add the lure and you're in business! Now to find some clear water...

JZSlenker

Yeah, I can blow that up.
They are great but have you tried to send one back for repair? They only offer you a new one at 40% off....
I think he meant, why are you only lifting a small go pro with an XY8? The gopro is an amazing little rough and tumble camera ( I think we have 5 or 6). They are a tool in our video toolbox. 40% isn't that bad when you return one that was crushed by a tank.

I think he wad trying to imply that you just don't need that big a bird / gimbal to lift a GoPro. We still prefer a camera with interchangeable lenses for our x-8. Can't remember the last time we had a GP on it.

PaNt

Great video Earl... nice and smooth.>!

One from me too..! Grand Vitara in the RIver..
Hope you like it..!

Aerovideo

Great video Paul, nicely done. Looks like you've got that setup working well.

The frame I used above to land in the water was called an AquaCopter. You can get them here:

http://www.aquacopters.com

When I got mine it was $99 and the demand hadn't started yet, now I think there's a huge wait and they bumped up the price.

Thanks octocine! Pretty quiet here so any response is most welcomed.

Yeah the whole Hoverfly section is pretty sloooowwwww.... Getting kind of worried about them. Not enough people/excitement!

Could also be their clientele doesn't normally frequent forums :)

Aerovideo

Great video Earl... nice and smooth.>!

One from me too..! Grand Vitara in the RIver..
Hope you like it..!

Yours is a nice video too, I was going to ask if you had a cameraman manning the gimbal but your credits at the end answered my question :) Very cool!

Beautiful control on that one Pavlos. Very tight. Coming out in one piece after a shoot like that is accomplishment in itself!

Can always count on you Paul. Yes, I'm happy enough with the final design performance (Homebrew) that I've ordered parts and material to build 4 more complete! Not totally sure yet what I intend on doing but it just seems like the next best step. Since it's such a cool copter I can't just let it wither away. I do want to keep better track of time to build one, parts count and all that good (read boring) stuff.

PaNt

Yours is a nice video too, I was going to ask if you had a cameraman manning the gimbal but your credits at the end answered my question :) Very cool!

thank you...! :) :)
Yeap everytime i have a cameraman..!!

Earl thank you tooo :):) it was a little difficult and some times the water was sooo near the octo..!

Aerovideo

Here's a video of boring backyard scenery but awesome gimbal results. This video doesn't have any post stabilization. This is my new quad flying with the Hoverfly Pro and a separate brushless gimbal for my GoPro 3. Pretty smooth, especially given how windy it was.

Aerovideo

Wow, that's amazing! You've definitely got a good thing going there.

Thanks! I agree, this is one heck of a setup. Here's my very first FPV flight with it, I can't believe how good the video looks right out of the camera: