Hoverfly Video thread

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Thought I'd start a new video thread here.

I was out flying and thought I'd take some video.

Sorry mine is kind of shaky, cell phone video and all. I'm working on a mini Hoverfly which will have a gopro camera on board. Should be getting video from that soon too.

GPS Hold:

Return to Home:

I'll be posting more :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerovideo

Cool, a new video thread. I really need to try the return to home on my big quadcopter setup, that looks cool.

Here's a video from my latest FPV test flight. Home Brew quad made of wood with folding arms for easier transport.

The gains seem fine for normal flight but when I really punch it or get some good speed going it seems to oscillate like the gains are too high, weird!

Stacky

This is a few months old but to help get the HFP video thread moving may as well pop it in

Aerovideo

Oh yeah I remember that one, beautiful flight Mike. Awesome scenery.

I just figured this out myself but you need to put the video link inside video tags for it to be embedded in the forum page.

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Oh yeah I remember that one, beautiful flight Mike. Awesome scenery.

I just figured this out myself but you need to put the video link inside video tags for it to be embedded in the forum page.

Yup. You can actually use the embed video button to do it automatically

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

S11D336B

George - Hoverfly
Just some more testing in front of my house. AreoXoom was kind enough to lend me their rig.

Flying HoverflyPro, HoverflyGIMBAL.
This is 100% raw, no editing, no stabilization, and a fair bit of wind.

Macsgrafs

George, so glad I never bought a 5D, the rolling shutter is really noticable on this video! Apart from that it seems to handle to wind not to bad.

Ross

Stacky

I am pretty sure these guys are using the HFP. If they arent i will remove. Its the Heli Shots guys based here in NZ. Music video released today.

ZAxis

@ Tim.
Really good stuff on the wind farm..just wish the wind would stay down over here long enough for us to do anything that fun!
Lec

This is Yosemite area with my fold-up H quad. The log cabins are about 150 years old and habitable. I do maintenance on them twice a year but this will be my last time since I have retired. The last part in the field is me trying to fly fpv :black_eyed:. The 3 or 4 who on this forum who are real fpv fliers make it look easy. It is not. This is the first time I didn't try peeking around the goggles so the video ends predictably; crashing into a tree - no damage. The Hero2 video is cut but not processed in any way.

Aerovideo

Great job on the video, I can't believe you flew up between the branches on that huge tree while flying LOS, I thought for sure you were going to hit the branches. You've got some steady hands there. Too bad the FPV didn't end well, you'll be a master in no time!

Paul

No legs on the "H" so no worries getting close. I need to put the wider lens on the fpv camera, so that when I'm turning, I know I won't be running into something like another tree. Hey Paul, could you list your fpv transmitter, receiver, and especially your RC transmitter/receiver/antenna combo. I don't show it on the AV here but I got pretty far out there (for me) and lost RC signal control except for throttle - had to just let it drop into the grass and find it by arming/disarming the HFP repeatedly. Transmitter (Futaba T7C) had a fresh battery so maybe it was where my RC receiver was located on the "H" combined with the CF. Also fpv picture was breaking up quite a bit on longer flights so maybe it's time to upgrade the gear a bit. I must say, for a long time LOS flier, it is quite the luxury being able to frame a shot so I am going to learn this thing come hell or high water.

Aerovideo

Sure, I think I run a 3.6mm lens on my FPV cam which is connected to a 1280MHz, 300mw VTx. I have two VRx on the ground with a Eagle Eyes box for diversity, one with a whip antenna and another with a tuned patch antenna.

For control I use a Dx8 with a EZUHF transmitter hooked to it so I have more range than I have battery power :)

I think it's best that you run out of video before you run out of control, that way you can see static and know to turn around.

Since my last crash and my dead gopro I picked up a new Sony Action Cam and did this quick and dirty test with it. This was shot at 720p at 120fps so you can do some super-slow-mo action!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
This was taken with a bad motor. Hoverfly everything being used. Sony nex5n XY8 av200/360.