Hoverfly Video thread

Aerovideo

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with this quad here's another video from last night :)

Last edited by a moderator:

workshop

I just finished a new "No Gimbal" show reel to make way for all the Brushless/NEX5 video I have coming up. The shots were made with HoverFly equipped Quad and Y6 frames and a GoPro II camera on a fixed mount. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/4V2IxgKVisg

Jeff

Looking good Jeff, and looking forward to your next reel with that "crystal clear smooth" setup. I have a BLG slowly making it's way from Spain. Can't wait to slap it on and revisit some old haunts. Which one did you finally go with?

workshop

Thanks Earl... I went for the AlexMos board from Viacopter. It was included with the VX5N gimbal from GotHeli which is a very well made gimbal IMO.

I looked up the driver chips; L6234. They are three phase, making it relatively easy to talk to the motors. I thought it was extremely clever to rewind standard motors to match the current limits of the driver. There are going to be a ton of these someday soon. It is a "slap on the forehead" idea that makes one ask "why didn't I think of that?".

It works really well as far as I can tell (haven't flow yet - just days away). I am connecting the Roll/Tilt output from the HFP to the AlexMos board and finishing up the HDMI converter for NTSC video transmission.

Jeff

Aerovideo

Here's my latest video with my Hoverfly Pro and my brushless gimbal. Working really well.

workshop

Stunning work Paul... Great light greets those who get up early!!! Fantastic job... The foot path flight was visually satisfying probably because the viewer has a chance to see where the craft is planning to go...

Jeff

Webheadfred

Air Traffic Controller
Simply excellent. I received my gimbal yesterday. It's a little more involved than I anticipated but I'm all over it. Would you possibly be willing to share your Martinez settings should I need a good starting point?

Aerovideo

Stunning work Paul... Great light greets those who get up early!!! Fantastic job... The foot path flight was visually satisfying probably because the viewer has a chance to see where the craft is planning to go...

Jeff

Thanks for the feedback Jeff, I really appreciate it. I'm still learning what makes a good shot, but I think I finally have my equipment working well.

Oh my - you are absolutely killin' it. I dream of getting yo your level one day!

Thanks, if you look back a couple of years in my youtube history you will see some mega failures! haha...

Pick up a brushless gimbal, works wonders!

Agreed, extremely enjoyable! How was the fishing?

Thanks, glad you liked. Unfortunately I couldn't catch a fish in a bathtub, but I could see them in the clear water :)

That was some fine footage. Great closer. I'm half expecting you to continue on to the mountain ha ha. Probably next month :)

Kicking around the idea of a brushless gimbal on an RC airplane so I can go further, would have LOVED to have flown closer to the mountains. 6 minutes doesn't give me much time to go too far :) Can't wait to see your gimbal on one of your custom foldable frames, now that would ROCK!

Simply excellent. I received my gimbal yesterday. It's a little more involved than I anticipated but I'm all over it. Would you possibly be willing to share your Martinez settings should I need a good starting point?

Thanks!

The gimbal I have came all preset, I've never even used the UI or plugged it into the computer. Sorry I'm not much help there. :(

Macsgrafs

Paul, it's videos like yours that drive me to get my ship sorted, superb...stunning..in fact I'm jealous!!!!
Well done mate, great result & one I would be over the moon with.

Regards
Ross

Kicking around the idea of a brushless gimbal on an RC airplane so I can go further, would have LOVED to have flown closer to the mountains. 6 minutes doesn't give me much time to go too far :) Can't wait to see your gimbal on one of your custom foldable frames, now that would ROCK!

Ha! In the middle of that right now.

View attachment 12430

Attachments

• DSCN3130.JPG
    DSCN3130.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 303

Aerovideo

Paul, it's videos like yours that drive me to get my ship sorted, superb...stunning..in fact I'm jealous!!!!
Well done mate, great result & one I would be over the moon with.

Regards
Ross

Thanks Ross, glad you liked! Took me a while to get to this point, actually I commend both the HF Flight Controller as well as the Brushless gimbal :)

Aerovideo

Here's another video from my Hoverfly Pro based quad but with a brushless gimbal on board.