Team Blacksheep Discovery build

kloner

Aerial DP
think at&t has me throttled back tonight. musta been all them videos i uploaded last week. gig after gig, hahaha, that'll teach em to give me unlimited data

63% uploaded so far and crawling

I'm sick, kids started school last week and i'm sick 6 days after touching that grimey gate. i'll see ya guys in the morning, feel like crap

kloner

Aerial DP
man, what a rough night. last year it too me 2/3 of the school year to not get sick. I'm a stay at home dad so it's part of the business

In that video it is missing a gopro so it was a handfull. 4000mah in the back, it wanted to flip over backwards the whole time but didn't do too bad

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
004 (1024x768)_795.jpg

DaveM

Love the case, did you cut the vinyl graphics youself ?

Just had the maiden of my Discovery this last weekend, and my very first ever go at
FPV. :)

Dave

DaveM

Nice site, quite a niche market :)

I do embroidery, and Trappy let me have the other logo to digitise for
a shirt for myself.

Mock up below

7970535926_1c08bfaa9a_z.jpg

All went fairly well with the flight/s, the main thing was to get her dialled in and have
a little try with the Fatshark goggles and try the ground station monitor.

The TBS69 seemed brilliant, but I do not have anything to compare it with, and the core worked
as expected, although I have not set up the RSSI as yet.

The only issue I encountered was that when the left hand side got hit by the very bright and
low sunshine when yawing, it would loose altitude and then regain. I have since read that the
barometer on the Naza is on the left side, and a piece of black tape may cure the problem, worth
a try I suppose.

The Fatshark Dominators worked quite good with a 5.8ghz inbuilt reciever and Spironet antenna,
but I never went too far away. The ground station monitor that was meant to be suitable for FPV
was useless and blue screens, so I will have to get a Foxtech 8 inch I think.

I did get a bit of footage but it was not really worth uploading, I had not noticed though a hot air balloon taking
off a few fields away until I was airbourne :)

Totally loved the experience, cannot wait for more

Dave

7957305228_124fec10a9_c.jpg

kloner

Aerial DP
nice! want to trade some stickers for a embroidered shirt?

Sounds like shes ready. if you have uhf, hook up the rssi, super easy and super important info. Lets you know if it's all workin right. the design makes that a much more likely chance but you never know.

keep after it, we want to see some videos as you go....

kloner

Aerial DP
And be proud getting cuffed, hahaha. i just tried buying one of there shirts, $70 to my door. that's a frame

kloner

Aerial DP
na, i agreed it was just for me. now if somebody asked trappy if they wanted one and he said ok that'd be another story