Team Blacksheep Discovery build

kloner

Aerial DP
wait till it's filmed on a real camera..........

that place at the river of mine blows 15-30 everyday. if i didn't want to fly in wind i couldn't fly given the time i get.

the first minute i never touch any forward cyclic, the wind is taking it that way like a hot air balloon

that was my second or third fpv flight ever

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

everything is twisted

i.php

looming installed, wires built...... that's everything except one wire that goes from the tx to the naza

i.php

vu installed

i.php

core settings soldered

i.php

kloner

Aerial DP
everything you see from me other than if i show a take off is atti and now lately, gps atti. When i tuned the gps to track right, that took a ton of work out of it trying to make nice straight lines without getting blown off course. Theres no reason i haven't been flying manual other than i like atti so much. got really used to it and the altitude hold part with the right motors is invaluable for being able to do it.

that show like the shark tank or whatever that is we have? Haven't "tried" it out yet but it feels good it's there. i understand most my gear is gonna be screwed up, but at least i can go to bed knowing where it's at

feel free skipper, it's why i posted it all

yuri, the reason that thing is so stable was them legs and the gorpo hanging off the bottom, made it like a kite in the wind through. it was an ap setup fpv machine,,,,,,

Excellent idea tstrike, I really do not want to lose all this info!

For that matter kloner, all your writing, pics and comments on Team Blackshep Discovery would make a great blog. It would certainly help me finding all your articles on this amazing subject.

tstrike

pendejo grande
where in UT are you T?
salt lake, came up here from Phoenix in 87 to work on a movie and met my wife who was an intern on the show. After the show wrapped I went home and 2 weeks later decided she couldn't live without me so I moved here permanently.

kloner

Aerial DP
cool...... your near that kid that bought my kloners 450. he goes to logan on the weekends, but is down near the lake somewhere, dads a dentist in town

hjls3

perhaps we could do a west of the mississippi kloner nation chapter. westside kloner locos! pretty much got my shopping list done. will send to you for kloner approval when i get frame. want to make her look mean. or i think a WKLoko might say murder it out.

kloner

Aerial DP
hahaha... sweet.

this things all soldered up, rx is wired in. Dam, it could fly if i bolt it together. gonna go do a photo shoot when the sun gets over on the side again and post the end

kloner

Aerial DP
the main rig is assembled. next up before everything gets cranked down and the $2 anti jello mount goes on i'll go through and program the osd. i'll capture the live feed to a video for that part and try to explain it. It's pretty simple, has one button, you push it fast for next, hold it down for select and follow the onscreen prompts. I'll let the glue dry tonight and give it a short hop around the house tomorrow to see whats up. The motors still get a coat of black to make em match. everything i have is dried up

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

the first time i did the wires straight to the frame, i noticed how they were pretty fragille and liked to get kind close when you'd stress em like i imagine happening in a crash. i started gluing the plastic shield to the frame with the welders and it seems to work really good so far. stuff stays soft but is gewy as hell. it goes on every connection whether there wires solder to pads or if it's the servo leads on the rx. it's my insurance

i.php

i.php

leave no long wire untouched...... even the sat has to get cut and redone. for this i bought some cheap 4 way plugs that use regular servo ends so can make the wire. i don't know what those other kind are that come in the gps, but i don't have em so this works for me. it usually gets plugged in and forgotten anyways

i.php

After everything gets programmed and i get a succesful test hop i'll go over all the bare solder pads with plasti dip, it's like a liquid electrical tape

Regarding the board camera and i know the innevitable question, do you have to use the board camera, can i use my go pro, you bet. but, what your gonna have happen is it'll then have a wire hanging off the side of the camera and it like to transmit them frequencies the make heros jello. when you can eliminate a feed of jello like that with just one little thing, it makes a guy get a board cam. the pixim cams have a really nice contrast deal, what is it, wdr? can look at the sun and the dark ground bellow still has good contrast. every little bit helps. It also flips over to b&w so when your out filming the golden hour, it tends to make the last flight just a little easier to see everything. i personally will use board cams on every fpv ride i ever build from now on, i'm sold

almost missed the light, burned diner, been one of them days