Show your FPV video

kloner

Aerial DP
heck,,, i've dumped one a mile away,,,,, it was 5 feet off the road.... drove to it. dumped another one 1/4 mile away, same deal. I tend to fly along roads..... the ones that will get me is going up the hills, like that other video. That right there will kill kloner someday.

this was a mile away taken out of my car window

051%20%28768x1024%29_795.jpg

Macsgrafs

hahahaha thats some zoom if that planes a mile away :) ;) ;)

Yep, it's the hills that kill...I live in the county of Devon & it's all hills & valleys :(

Ross

kloner

Aerial DP
a mile from where i was flying from,,,,, the picture was after out my car window sitting on the road,,,,

that desert you see my flying in, see all them clothes scattered in that hill, that's illegal immigrants stopping for a rest dumping what there carrying. we got people out there that die everyday trying to get to the american dream.... There are groups that have 55 gallon drums of potable water everywhere, bit tarps on a pole as a flag so they can see the water. We have specialized border patrol teams that are medics that work this area.... it's a pretty hot decialate place, all summer is over 110 daily, highs 120ish, lows in the mid 80 to mid 90's if it gets cloudy and we get monsoons, hence all teh clouds and water on the ground in the train track vid

I was gonna go get you a wiki on the area, when i read it the third sentence is what i explained about them tracks and that road going away wheni was a kid and never put back.... hurricane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocotillo,_California

the mountains they talk about growing in the quake are the mountains i'm flying in the boring vid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_County,_California#Fossil_Canyon_and_Painted_Gorge
the painted gorge/fossil canyon spoke in the second link is the exact spot i'm flying in all of this

kloner

Aerial DP
dam dude, i heard a prop leave or something on the first one. That different pitch it made after the jolt, thats a motor spinning without a prop

that second one was friggin cool You couldn't do that again if you tried. i always wondered what would happen if i hit one

a while back i stood on one side of the Sunrise power link and flew under it to the other side,,,,, it is power 9,000,000 homes with 2 huge transmission lines. the high tension stuff,,,,,,, never felt a thing other than forgetting it was in my way on the way back. never seen anything from power lines, there all around my house too, just not as big as you got there.....

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
kloner, the immigrants probably think you are scouting for them with your drones! :)

Tomstoy, is that video from the future? it says 9/29/12

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
probably do...i can hear predator drones over me the whole time i'm there and i've gotten to the point i don't think i'm the threat. there scouting all around me..... in the zII on the tracks video, if you pause it at 1:21-1:22, thats all mexico. There is a faint black line half way to the mountain, that's the FENCE and your looking at Mexicali

Some day i'll have take the zeph up and see if i can tail a predator, wouldn't that be a ticket to prison

Tomstoy2

Had to look at the pumpkin crash, again, after your post, Kloner. I think you may be right! There was a definite pitch change, and what sounded to me like perhaps a strike of a prop half smacking the Hexa when the blade separated.

The first time I viewed it, I had no sound so was just assuming the interference of the flux field was the culprit.

One of the props had a separation right at the hub, I just assumed it was from the wreck itself as this motor was on the boom that broke. Still could be from that, thought. I did notice the prop nut was raised about 1/4 inch off the prop, so it could be that the nut just came loose, or that could be just from the impact from the ground, Guess I'll never really know, but I suspect the prop just failed.
Sure looks like it in the vid, though, like it was trying to fly with just 1/2 of a prop on that motor. As this was the boom that struck the ground first and broke on impact this was definitely the issue causing all this mayhem.

I spent an hour and a half wandering the pumpkins looking for it, stumbling around, snagging every damn vine with my leg that has an artificial knee in it. All I could think about was that my WKM was now lost for good!
Walked back home, my buddy Greg had come over while I was out there, to rebuild my computer that I trashed , so I enlisted his help. We drove over to the other side of that field and within 10 minutes he found it!!!
I just threw it in the trunk of the car and proceeded to get very, very drunk! Haven't really examined it yet. My knee hurt so damn bad for the rest of the day, I couldn't even walk to the frig to get another beer! Just gave up and loaded a cooler and set it next to the couch so I wouldn't have to walk except to pee.

The vid, where I smacked that wire was hilarious to me when it happened.
I was using the monitor, and when I heard it strike I looked up and saw her descending to the ground, wobbling back and forth. Took about 2 or 3 minutes to walk up to it and that wire was still bouncing up and down! This could easily have been what set up the pumpkin wreck, though I did do a thorough examination afterwards.

Live and learn!

kloner

Aerial DP
it's all experience... the good, the bad, the ugly

i can imagine them frigin vines. At least there all dying soon anyways so couldn't have hurt em too bad

Macsgrafs

Kloner, I would love to see a video of you tailing a drone ;) I bet many on here would also, but want say so!

Tom, you don't have much luck around pwer cables...ever thought of flying somewhere without them in your flight path ;)

Ross

MidwestRob

Kloner, another great set of FPV videos. Looks like a very harsh environment.

Tom, looks like your WKM did a remarkable job of getting your hexa down to ground without too much damage. I can only imagine how bad it would have looked if it tumbled out of the sky from that height. What type of props are you using? Have you had one break midair like that before?

Tomstoy2

Ross, where would be the fun in that? Lol.

Rob, the absolute best props I have found for my Hexa was the cheap 8" Gaui's, believe it or not! She just loves them.
They've taken a beating before and sustained zero damage, but obviously one too many times.

I've had Graupner's on her and she absolutely hated those!

She likes APC's well enough, but those damn sharp things like to kill me once, got plenty of scars to prove it! My house looked like a crime scene right out of some tv show!

Actually planning on going back to a set of APC 9" now as I'm planning on running two batterys in parallel, which will turn my sleek Hexa into an old fat woman.

MidwestRob

My latest FPV video at my favorite local spot. I'm getting a bit more comfortable with manual mode now.

kloner

Aerial DP
right on dude, great flyin. Good for you for getting whoever them kids are all pumped on it..... they'll want one sooner or later.

can telly our in manual from the extra jello.... when you push em, they shake. What kind of amp draws are you getting?

DesJardins

You guys kill me every time I watch your vids!
Amazing stuff, Discovery frame first then get comfortable and try Manual for that fast flying

MidwestRob

right on dude, great flyin. Good for you for getting whoever them kids are all pumped on it..... they'll want one sooner or later.

can telly our in manual from the extra jello.... when you push em, they shake. What kind of amp draws are you getting?

Thanks Kloner. Those kids had never seen a multirotor before and were completely amazed. I have to agree that the vibrations really start to show during fast manual flight. I think some of the vibrations are to be expected considering the speed and the frame's lack of aerodynamics. I havent been using an OSD, so I'm not sure what my amp draw has been. Adding an OSD is something I plan to work on during the off-season.

kloner

Aerial DP
how many mah do you burn & how long is it flying? mines doing something like 600-700 mah a minute and i see alot of 60-70 amps

just wait des, there so easy to fly fast. the only hard part is seeing out front when it gets all tilted up like that