Show your FPV video

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Check these out, this is from yesterday from Amelia Island and Little Talbot Island.

Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Today was a bit warmer than its been here lately and the wind had died down to 6 to 8 mph, a gentle breeze compared to some of the steady 20+ mph that's been blowing through recently. I really didn't plan to go flying today but seeing the clear sky and light wind got me out the door with the Discos and my newly constructed F330 FPV...

IMG_2734a.jpg

IMG_2735a.jpg

IMG_2733a.jpg

First time out for the 330 and it definitely needs some fine tuning before it's 100% ready to go. Got two flights in, the second cut short by the GoPro coming off the front end and since I was using it as the pilot cam the flight ended in the snow soon after. Also got a couple test flights on Discovery #1 now powered by a Quadrino Multiwii board, also needing some fine tuning. My go-to Discovery #2 was up for some stick time though and I got a few good flights in before the wind picked up to the point I had to pack it up, well that and the fact on the last flight a gust of wind knocked the ground station tripod over and in the process yanked the goggles down over my nose resulting in the ending you see in this video. With the Disco now well packed with snow between the frame plates it was time to put the gear away and head for home to dry things out, still a great morning of winter FPV flying...

Ken

kloner

Aerial DP
whats all that white stuff? Cool little rig, looks fast

sooooo, getting the xy8 closer to dialed in. Gotta fix the ratio of stabilization but i gotta say it at least once, if i loose control of this thing it's a huge game over for it. This 9 lbs chopper dives down like a plane...... or bowling ball, however you wanna look at it

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The little guy is pretty fast for what it is, the big Disco is still faster though...

The white stuff is grass fertilizer, we always put down a lot of it this time of year so the grass will be nice and green come summer ;)

Ken

sickan

Yesterday we had some great weather for flying, sun and no wind :) But when you meet up with people it is to nice just talking so I did not get that much flying done :)

--
S

JG-rn

Today was a bit warmer than its been here lately and the wind had died down to 6 to 8 mph, a gentle breeze compared to some of the steady 20+ mph that's been blowing through recently. I really didn't plan to go flying today but seeing the clear sky and light wind got me out the door with the Discos and my newly constructed F330 FPV...

IMG_2734a.jpg

IMG_2735a.jpg

IMG_2733a.jpg

First time out for the 330 and it definitely needs some fine tuning before it's 100% ready to go. Got two flights in, the second cut short by the GoPro coming off the front end and since I was using it as the pilot cam the flight ended in the snow soon after. Also got a couple test flights on Discovery #1 now powered by a Quadrino Multiwii board, also needing some fine tuning. My go-to Discovery #2 was up for some stick time though and I got a few good flights in before the wind picked up to the point I had to pack it up, well that and the fact on the last flight a gust of wind knocked the ground station tripod over and in the process yanked the goggles down over my nose resulting in the ending you see in this video. With the Disco now well packed with snow between the frame plates it was time to put the gear away and head for home to dry things out, still a great morning of winter FPV flying...

Ken

Why aren't your gps pointed exactly forward? They're both crooked.

kloner

Aerial DP
they have to be to correct for magnetic north. You fly forward in gps mode and watch it's path, twist to correct the path and repeat or you can just look up your exact corrective amount for your area. mines like 16 degrees off here in SD

JG-rn

they have to be to correct for magnetic north. You fly forward in gps mode and watch it's path, twist to correct the path and repeat or you can just look up your exact corrective amount for your area. mines like 16 degrees off here in SD

Didnt realize that kloner. Very good to know, thanks!

JG-rn

Kloner,

Why is it that the diso is faster than a f450? Say both have the same motors, same props, the disco is still faster?

kloner

Aerial DP
the CG and how it's laid out,,,,,, makes it tilt further with less power and that tilt is forward momentum 100%

kloner

Aerial DP
i.php

the other time it was video and the file was just gone. ne and naza have been through the ringer and back and got a pretty decent understanding of each other

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Why aren't your gps pointed exactly forward? They're both crooked.

The Naza software doesn't account for magnetic declination, if you leave it pointed straight forward chances are it will have TBE (Toilet Bowl Effect) or continuous circling when you put it in position hold since the magnetic compass and GPS coordinates can never get in sync to hold position. The declination where I live is 14.56 degrees west which is a negative value, by rotating the GPS/compass about 15 degrees to the left it has rock solid postion hold, put it straight forward and it circles. Same trick works on my WKM as well, the Multiwii boards I have all have declination settings in the software so you don't need to do anything beyond mount the GPS and the software does the rest.

Ken

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert

IMG_2734a.jpg

IMG_2735a.jpg

IMG_2733a.jpg

Ken

Couple questions, what did you use for the legs that the 330? is sitting up on? Also, are those APC props on the disco? Last question, the CP antenna on the tranmitter on the 330?...what frequency transmitter is that? 1.3Ghz CP antenna? Thanks!

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Couple questions, what did you use for the legs that the 330? is sitting up on? Also, are those APC props on the disco? Last question, the CP antenna on the tranmitter on the 330?...what frequency transmitter is that? 1.3Ghz CP antenna? Thanks!

The legs are 3mm carbon fiber tube with a solid carbon fiber rod superglued inside and heatshrink tubing over the outside. Each one is held on with three tywraps which usually just pop off on crash landings leaving the leg intact and ready to be tied back on. The colored shrink wrap makes them easier to find in grass, dirt, whatever, when they do come off. They've proven to be very durable and I haven't had one break yet even when the arm it was attached to wound up in two or more pieces...

The Disco is currently flying on APC 9 x 6 thin electric props. I find the Graupners are a bit too brittle in sub freezing weather, I've had three break in the last week from just tip overs on frozen ground on other quads and given they cost about 2 to 3 X what APC do it hurts the wallet less to break the APC rather than the Graupners. In warmer weather I've used both 8 x 5 and 9 x 5 Graupners on the Disco, it has a little more speed with the APC and they don't seem to affect the stability at all so I'll probably just leave them on.

In that pic the 330 has an Immersion 2.4gHz video TX with a RHCP antenna I made and the RX hiding in the back is an Immersion EZUHF 433 mHz 8 channel. I have since replaced both the video TX and the RX as the RX started acting up, the 330 is now on 5.8/2.4 again until I get to the bottom of whatever is ailing the UHF RX. It may be a bad RX as I swapped it over to my other Disco that has a Quadrino flight controller and it's glitchy on that as well. A 1.3 CP video antenna on the 330 would look huge on that small frame but I'm thinking of trying it anyway as soon as the notch filter arrives so I can use one of my 1280 vTX with my 2.4 radio gear.

Ken

guy1a

Hhmm ... and here we have the first few winter days ... 2 rainy days and the roads are blocked .. the train stations are under water and no train service ... and we wear short t shirts ... :-(

You guys have nice view with all that white.

sgs II

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
The legs are 3mm carbon fiber tube with a solid carbon fiber rod superglued inside and heatshrink tubing over the outside. Each one is held on with three tywraps which usually just pop off on crash landings leaving the leg intact and ready to be tied back on. The colored shrink wrap makes them easier to find in grass, dirt, whatever, when they do come off. They've proven to be very durable and I haven't had one break yet even when the arm it was attached to wound up in two or more pieces...

The Disco is currently flying on APC 9 x 6 thin electric props. I find the Graupners are a bit too brittle in sub freezing weather, I've had three break in the last week from just tip overs on frozen ground on other quads and given they cost about 2 to 3 X what APC do it hurts the wallet less to break the APC rather than the Graupners. In warmer weather I've used both 8 x 5 and 9 x 5 Graupners on the Disco, it has a little more speed with the APC and they don't seem to affect the stability at all so I'll probably just leave them on.

In that pic the 330 has an Immersion 2.4gHz video TX with a RHCP antenna I made and the RX hiding in the back is an Immersion EZUHF 433 mHz 8 channel. I have since replaced both the video TX and the RX as the RX started acting up, the 330 is now on 5.8/2.4 again until I get to the bottom of whatever is ailing the UHF RX. It may be a bad RX as I swapped it over to my other Disco that has a Quadrino flight controller and it's glitchy on that as well. A 1.3 CP video antenna on the 330 would look huge on that small frame but I'm thinking of trying it anyway as soon as the notch filter arrives so I can use one of my 1280 vTX with my 2.4 radio gear.

Ken

Very clever for the legs, strong and light and works well...well done. Yeah, I use 900mhz so my antenna selection is limited but I get that solid punch through signal so that trees and even buildings usually have little effect depending on the material. I can fly behind houses for example but concrete buildings are a little more difficult. :D

I never even thought about it, being from Florida, that one prop might not work for cold weather. It really never gets below 50F here during the day, even in the coldest parts of Winter. Typically when I fly it's at least 70F out so I've never had to worry about props being too brittle or whatever. I use the APC Hobbyking props myself, 10x5 with 750Kv motors. I really think that I'm going to move up to a faster motor but I don't know if that's a good thing or not but, these APC props look like they are designed for speed and to avoid tip stall etc etc. Still thinking about it...

kloner

Aerial DP
dang baker, you gave me the chills,,,,,, looks cold

good job jack, them light poles come outta nowhere even in hd.........