Self-made ​​s800 retractable landing gear.

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Here are the new retracts installed....Don't pay any attention to the small angled (machined) spacers or their location....more on that later........

View attachment 7979

Attachments

• SeCraft Mounting 011.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 011.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 324

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
A 24 volt to 6 volt BEC, 5 amp with ferrite ring weighs 24 grams....we just happen to have one.....The installed retracts......

View attachment 7983 The machined spacers 9eight) are used on each attachment point. When you are mounting these, please take note that you will be loosening the brackets that hold the top on and this alignment is critical so before removing the scres, mark the location with a piece of tape so that you can get it back. Aligning the turnbuckles is a bit tedious and requires a pretty good amount of time to get it right.

Attachments

• SeCraft Mounting 017.jpg
    SeCraft Mounting 017.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 293

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Dale,

That is the Hyperion 7201 Duo 3....please do nort look at the mess in the background of any of the pictures that i post....the maid is a ***** and she never does her job....says she doesn't like cleaning up after two dogs and a damn slob.....!

Dale UK

Probably best to mount the main plate via ALL the arms to the U/C before you commit to re-tightening the clamps?

Dale UK

heli001 - Maids!!! - I happened across a vid about them once - emmmm, actually it might have been last night - no sense of tidyness, but damned good fun to be around! lol

Dale UK

Dont think I can PM at the mo (too new) so ....

Heli001

don't suppose you know Mark Hoogendoorn from Madvapes.com in Charlotte? Think he's opened a new warehouse in Mooresville recently.

Dale UK

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Dale,

Your PM came through....No I do not know Mark....Mooresville is about twenty miles North of Charlotte on Lake Norman......Is Madvapes and Electronic Cigarette site....? Sorry for getting Off Topic.......

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Kloner,

Thank you.....coming from you...that is an accolade....We will be using this at our Flying Site for Aerial work. We have about sixteen hundred acres and this will save a huge amount of walking and beating the bush. We have several large expansion projects and this will be the ticket for accurate layouts and we will intergrate it with AutoCAD......Should also be a pretty good tool for downed planes......

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
The actuators appear to be in a metal housing rather than plastic. I will pull one apart tomorrow and see. I do not think anyone that pirchases these will go wrong, but lets wait and see how they operate, tomorrow.

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
After thinking about the installation for a while, there are a couple of things that may make the installation easier, as the final alignment can be tricky.

If you leave the stock support arms on and just loosen the bottom bracket, it will still keep the top deck level and will allow you to just slide the landing leg out of the top connector and will give you enough room to install the retract, still keeping everything level. You can now take a measurement of where the turnbuckles need to be adjusted to and attach them before removing the stock bracket. After the retracts are installed and adjusted, you should be able to remove the bottm parts of the gear and slide the bracket and support arms off of the leg, leaving you with a well adjusted and level machine. Or, you can just remove the stock support arms and leave the bottom bracket there on the leg. Like a madman, I just dove in and took everything apart first, causing me to have to spend a lot of extra time adjusting and measuring the turnbuckles.

On the turnbuckles, they are threaded left and right handed. Remember, the etched line designates the right hand threads. Someone ask me about threading them. The ball links are not threaded so it takes a bit of force to get them started (If they were threaded, I made an entirely NEW set of threads for them…….). Use a small shaft to go through the hole in the turnbuckle (The smallest Hex Driver in an Align set works) and another screwdriver or Hex Driver, to put through the hole in the ball link, to turn them with. Keep the turns even on each end and thread them down to your measurements that you take with the stock rods in place……

Just some things I think about in the middle of the night. I am sure that some of you will come up with much better ideas and ways to install these, as this is just some thoughts from one of the first Guinea Pigs…….Since NO instructions were included, it is kinda wide open, as to the installation. Hope these thoughts may make it easier in the long run, for some of you.

retromix

Hi all!
I'm sorry, my belated answer.
This product was co-produced by Flying Monster Cam and Secraft.
If you get this stuff, go to www.secraft.net
If you have a question, please send a message.

heli001

Triple Tree Aerodrome
Hello Everyone,

This is something that I posted over on the groups......

We know that everyone is anxious as Hell for a report on the operation of the Secraft Retracts. In deciding to do the Instruction Manual, we had to go back to the beginning and start from scratch, as we really learned a few semi-tricks in putting it together. The final alignment is pretty critacle to the installation. Along with that and more errands than I care to mention along with a DR's appointment....my day is totally GONE...............We are hoping to get to the testing tomorrow, as all of the new pictures have been taken and we are essentially where we were yesterday afternoon......I hope all of that made sense.....This stuff takes more time than you realize...but we are trying. Please don't hesitate in ordering from SeCraft.......their shipping is fast, they provide quality products and the retracts are as of good a quality as I have seen. I have no hesitation in saying that I believe the operation will be as smooth as silk.....mmmmmmmmmmm.....Transmitter Tray with Heater.....does it get any better than that? Thanks for all of the PM's and emails.........ALSO

THANKS for your patience........we hope you guys understand

retromix

Hello Everyone,

This is something that I posted over on the groups......

We know that everyone is anxious as Hell for a report on the operation of the Secraft Retracts. In deciding to do the Instruction Manual, we had to go back to the beginning and start from scratch, as we really learned a few semi-tricks in putting it together. The final alignment is pretty critacle to the installation. Along with that and more errands than I care to mention along with a DR's appointment....my day is totally GONE...............We are hoping to get to the testing tomorrow, as all of the new pictures have been taken and we are essentially where we were yesterday afternoon......I hope all of that made sense.....This stuff takes more time than you realize...but we are trying. Please don't hesitate in ordering from SeCraft.......their shipping is fast, they provide quality products and the retracts are as of good a quality as I have seen. I have no hesitation in saying that I believe the operation will be as smooth as silk.....mmmmmmmmmmm.....Transmitter Tray with Heater.....does it get any better than that? Thanks for all of the PM's and emails.........ALSO

THANKS for your patience........we hope you guys understand

Thank You Heli ^^

Dale UK

Fantastic job Heli - helping me decide whether a significant priced purchase is worth while or not - thanks
I just need to find a decent Gimbal (have x2 coming over from China as we speak) before I press the 'Buy Now' button

Dale

Last edited by a moderator:

+++ Kudos.. experience with Secrafts as been very positive so far. I order, change mind go refund in a matter of 30mins-1hr via emails and Paypal confirmed... turned around and ordered more then the first... checked shipping a few days later it is in Chicago, IL..

Kudos to the service so far... very pleased to service... Thanks Sang for being so responsive.