S800 alternative props

ChrisViperM

in terms of flight feelings (not vibration): apc's are the most smooth props. with xoars you will have much more nervous response.

I have been flying with APC and Xoar, but it is pretty logical that you will have to run different props (in that case plastic vs. wood) on different gain settings. I fiddle on the gains with each set of props untill I am happy, and than I save that settings in the WooKong Assistent software. So next time I change props agin....just load that matching setting from the Assistent....and off we go. At a certain stage (especially when using the Zenmuse) it becomes more of an academic issue which props you use......

I am prefering the Xoar props at the moment.....I am very happy with them...and I like the looks

View attachment 8224View attachment 8225

Chris

Attachments

• P1000563.jpg
    P1000563.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 392
  • P1000570.jpg
    P1000570.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 403

DennyR

A point worth mentioning is that if you are moving about from one country to another you may find the temperature is a lot different from your original set-up station Low temps can cause prop. failures with plastic stuff and watch out for declination setting. It could be 8-9 degrees out which will give you a real problem.

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently struggling with my S800. There is so much vibration that I'm getting Jello Cam with my Zenmuse and my GH2. I've checked the motors for balance and they are perfect. I add the DJI Carbon Fiber Props and it is a different story. It shakes all over the place. I'm also getting the White Lights for Bad Atti. So frustrating.

I believe it is these unbalanced props that are causing my problems. Before purchasing some of Denny's adaptors I would love to know if anyone else was having my problem and then found it alleviated by adding the adaptors and new props.

My S800 acts like my FW-550 before I balanced the motors and replaced my DJI props with Graupners. Now it (FW-550) is rock solid with no rolling shutter using a GoPro Hero 3. If these props will make my S800 act like my FW-550 I'm all in.

Thanks for all of your insight.

DennyR

I think you will have to stiffen the arms as well as changing the props. The very bad vibrations that I have heard about seem to come from bad ESC's.
As I never had this issue myself I don't know what the bad ones are. Or if that issue was just bad soldering/connectors....

If you need adapters I only have a few sets left.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

I have seen an issue with stability caused by moving a perfectly set-up S800 from Cyprus to Moscow the Declination is about 5 deg different and it seems to have caused a few problems as it was not reset. FWIW. We only use atti. mode for filming but it causes a compass error.

Only three sets of adapters left now and not planning to make anymore unless another large trade order comes in.

AEMontoya

Xoar carbon props are not so good as wooden, i have them few here and they need a lot of balancing, so my answer is no.

Are you referring to the exact precision pair that is shown in the above link: Xoar 15x6 Carbon Precision Propeller Pair?

I ask because I have been in communication with Xoar about the above CF 15x6 precision pair, and I have been told that they are a very high price because they are so well balanced and so well made. Has your experience with these props suggested otherwise?

Thanks,
AEM

mosk

hey denny.can you please send me a message in private cause i'm trying to contact you but your inbox is probably full. Thanks

cs8

I still have a set of 6 adapters and 6 graupner e-props for sale for a good price. Used once.
If interested PM.

anyvision

a problem may others have also : With zenmuse and nex5 pancake i have some kind of prop shadow in the picture. anybody knows this in his own video material? What to do?