S800 alternative props

JDM66

Attachments

• 20121226053524603.jpg
    20121226053524603.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 292

Last edited by a moderator:

will be watching..!!... I have a full S800 with 2 X 8000mah for batteries... let me know what you would recommend one what to get when you test it out.

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
Whoa!Dual 8000's eh. Are you flying with Zenmuse or no? That's a lot of weight! What are your results? Flight times etc...

@ APVXtreme, i do carry a Zenmuse. I also carry 2 small 5.8 VTX (pilot and cam operator) in the cold, I get about 5mins.. when I wrap my batteries, I can get about 8 mins.. I fly conservatively.. I end up with 3.8-3.9 per cell.. I just installed iosd this week, but have not flown yet. Been putting a 24V battery together to replace my Meanwell power supply to get more from my PL8.

KS

New T-Motor CF Multi-Rotor Props in stock at addictiveRC/RcHobbyHelicopter

We just recieved some of the new T-Motor CF Multirotor props.

We will be testing the 15 x 5.5 and 11 x 4.5 this weekend.

They look pretty sweet.

Cheers, John W.

AddictiveRC, LLC

Attachments

• T-Motor 1555 CF 001.jpg
    T-Motor 1555 CF 001.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 386
  • T-Motor 1555 CF 002.jpg
    T-Motor 1555 CF 002.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 397

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Yeah! will be nice to have a matched combo with varying sized/pitch props. Still kinda pricey at $67/set but hey, if I dont have to balance them I'm starting to care less how much they cost.

JDM66

Hi,

first impression: carbon better, more rigid, handsome profile

second impression: balancing test, not equilibrate statically, (just time to test only one prop)

presence of two adhesive labels on extrado

test S800 report later

jdm66

I just balanced the 11 x 4.5 T-Motor CF props for our Prototype Police Machine and they were not too far off balance.
Tracking was dead on. And Tracking was the big issue with other CF props.
So +1 for the new T-Motor CF Multi-rotor props.
Too bad we have a storm here in Tucson and I can't test fly them. :-(
To be continued.
Cheers, John W.

DennyR

I wouldn't get too carried away with the delusional Carbon hype. They transmit a lot aerodynamic vibrations which is why you get that ringing sound. Partly due to the way they are mounted, which being flat acts like a tuning fork. (Wood for ever - carbon never.)

The ringing sound is not related to CF props. It's when your WKM isn't properly tuned.
I can hear the Motor ringing sound with Plastic,plastic/glass fiber, and wooden props as well.
I can hear the same ringing sound with Xoar Wooden Props before WKM tuning.
-John W.

DennyR

Delusional.... It has nothing to do with WKM as it occurs on the test rig which has only a servo tester and a ESC. to drive the motor.

The WKM does not alter timing or any other torsional frequency parameters, that is done inside the ESC. The TM props have one good thing about the design and that is the upswept blade tips.

These so called carbon props. are made with cheap wet lay-up epoxides and are about one tenth of the strength to weight ratio of proper carbon which is produced with pre-preg cloths in an autoclave under about 80-120 psi and 350 deg.

As such, these inferior mouldings are prone to distortion even at quite low temps. and will soften under heat from the motor. Chalk and cheese.

You can check this by simply putting a heat gun on the prop. and giving it a twist and then putting it under the tap. As soon as it cools it will take on a new shape.

Wet lay up is crap, there is no strength or stability in the resin, it is the high ratio of carbon to resin that makes the difference and this can only be achieved at high temp and high pressure in a vac. bag with a very high strength, high temp pre impregnated resin.

Mass production is better and faster if done with prepreg. You just need to invest in the autoclave which should not be a problem in China.

I am not going to argue with you.
With every machine we have built to Date using the WKM it starts out with the motors ringing (no matter what prop material)
Then once fully tuned the motor ringing is gone.
Has to do with gain settings and the WKM sending signals to the ESC's.
By the way these props look like a dry carbon manufacturing with very little epoxy.
You can't really comment on them unless you have tested them.
-John W.

DennyR

Lets hope the penny has finally dropped with all of these bad prop manufacturers.
That said, it is my understanding that they all come from the same source in Shenhzen

Agreed.
I have only had two usable Brands of CF Multirotor Props.
We are using them for their light weight and efficiency.
We are building Drones for the Commercial Industry that require long flight times.
Otherwise We use Xoar or Graupner E-Props.
These T-Motor Props look totally different from any other CF Prop I have used before.
So we will have to see when the weather clears up here in Tucson AZ.
Cheers, John W.

First Impression of T-Motor 11 x 4.5 CF Props

I just put in a short 8min flight with the new T-Motor 11 x 4.5 Carbon Fiber Props.

First impression is very good.

They Track Dead-On and have zero vibrations (I did balance the props).

I am comparing them with the Graupner 11 x 5's that were on my machine first.

So far so good.

More to come.

And will be testing the T-Motor 15 x 5.5's on a 900mm Quad copter very soon.

Cheers, John W.View attachment 8847

Attachments

• Robo Copter ADRC Build 1 003.jpg
    Robo Copter ADRC Build 1 003.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 367

DennyR

From what I can see the distribution of lift along the blade is far better than the DJI 15x5 carbon blades. It will come back to what material they are using I think...