Running Duel 2200 mah batteries in parallel, does that make it a 4400 mah?

gencode

I have a question, I am not dunning Duel 2200 mah batteries in parallel using a Y plug, does that make it a 4400 mah?

Asking because now that I have an OSD I need to set the mah, but is it now 4400 when running both?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanderx

Yes it is. Running them in series would give you 2200mah but doubles the voltage. In series it doubles the mah.

kloner

Aerial DP
i run multiple packs in alot of stuff. all my single rotors flew hundreds of flights as 12s but was 2 6s packs in series to double the volts,,,,,,,

the only thing that sucks is if you get too many of em they all start looking the same. a good battery checker to make sure both packs are fully charged before you take off thinking you got one thing but being another is a super smart move. there usually $10

if you have 4400 onboard, you want to leave 20% onboard when you land so set that to no more than 3520 and land when it's at zero

gencode

This Y connector is a parallel Y connector so the voltage is the same. Okay, ill just change my FPSs OSD to 4400 mah then (2 2200mah in parallel)
Thanks, Ed,

i run multiple packs in alot of stuff. all my single rotors flew hundreds of flights as 12s but was 2 6s packs in series to double the volts,,,,,,,

the only thing that sucks is if you get too many of em they all start looking the same. a good battery checker to make sure both packs are fully charged before you take off thinking you got one thing but being another is a super smart move. there usually $10

if you have 4400 onboard, you want to leave 20% onboard when you land so set that to no more than 3520 and land when it's at zero

hjls3

Kloner can you recommend one?

i a good battery checker to make sure both packs are fully charged before you take off thinking you got one thing but being another is a super smart move. there usually $10

sorry to hijack your topic a bit - genconde - thought kloners rec might help all of us.

kloner

Aerial DP
ed, if you go that route. make sure to land by the time it says 880... it is easier to put in the amount you want to use, not whats actualy onboard cause then you land at zero and alot of osd's start throwing warning when that gets near. if you run all 4400 mah out, your packs will be done

Over the last 4 years i've thrown litteraly thousands of dollars down the drain mixing a charged and not charged pack..... the last time it was my 700 size md 500, took off, felt kinda heavy, got a couple laps in, about 300 yards out she got really heavy and the ground was coming up iminent. I dropped the collective but by the time i seen it move down it was too late. i flared and gave it full collective. Luckily when it hit it smashed down to the floor and kept level without blade striking the ground, but it litteraly destroyed a $4,000 model in the blink of an eye. I had been hagling with a guy that had me down to $3600 the week before,,,, shoulda sold it

forced LVC's suck. That's why i'll never let naza control my voltage shutoff

on the upper end this is good
http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/sentry/

i use this
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__10952__Cell_Log_8M_Cell_Voltage_Monitor_2_8S_Lipo.html

when you run packs like this,,,, it's known as 2p...... like the front of a pack will say 3s1p,,,, two parralel is called 3s2p or in 4s, 4s2p....... that's how a guy gets alot of amp handling without buying big fat high c rated packs.

gencode

Des, you mean the Low Voltage Cutoff(LVC) on the NAZA-M?

That leads me to another question, if the battery were to in the NAZA red on the assistant would the craft RTH or would it land, I have it set to RTH but not sure if thats for battery red and loss of TX or just loss of TX

DesJardins

Des, you mean the Low Voltage Cutoff(LVC) on the NAZA-M?

That leads me to another question, if the battery were to in the NAZA red on the assistant would the craft RTH or would it land, I have it set to RTH but not sure if thats for battery red and loss of TX or just loss of TX

Yes I ended up turning that off through the Assistant software. If the LVC on MR turns the LED flashing red as in low voltage it will descend.

I tested that once and let me say it was NOT a soft descent either, lol

kloner

Aerial DP
worse rc day of my life..... right after i did that i was so flustered and made the mistake of keeping on flying. Grabbed a 60" electric Extreme Flight plane, was nose diving at the ground and flaring up to a rolling circuit as low as i could,,,, bout the third one in i pushed the stick wrong and blew that thing in half. that was the last time i went to my ama club......

Attachments

• 009 (1024x768) (2).jpg
    009 (1024x768) (2).jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 276
  • 006 (768x1024).jpg
    006 (768x1024).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 285

gencode

Kloner,

I have an ImerssionsRC EzOSD, I just changed the mah to 3500, thanks, this one has a "consumed" so that should work out pretty well, not sure if it will flash at 0 like the voltage but this should help, Ed,

kloner

Aerial DP
yes it will. i was tuning my zephyr last trip out, looking at an osd, but was messing with something longer than i thought, next thing i knew it went to 11 volts on 4s packs and augered in... it's not completely fool proof, but as good an idea ans you'll get. Always look over your gauges at certain intervals. one time i caught my voltage low on a bad pack, right when i saw the voltage saggin it was coming in LVC. it'll still happen, it's just harder with paired up packs.

I'd disable that from the naza and take on the responsibility yourself. You'll get that little further back it might take to get off water, or whatever

gencode

Des, Until I get a seperate alarm what about setting the no load voltage to its lowest setting of 13.8, making the loaded voltage 13.1V, this should give me more room to get home, I start coming home at about 14.6 on EzOSD
So far all has been okay, is that resonable time to head home at 14.6, I never fly more than 500m away

UOTE=DesJardins;62419]Yes I ended up turning that off through the Assistant software. If the LVC on MR turns the LED flashing red as in low voltage it will descend.

I tested that once and let me say it was NOT a soft descent either, lol[/QUOTE]