Site Update

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hello everyone,

Just a few notes to let you know what's been going on around here.

Software update
We had a bunch of hacks into the site software and the site was slowed to a crawl a couple of weeks ago. It's all been fixed and we're running on the latest software version so we should be stable for the foreseeable future.

Spammers
The site uses an automatic spam blocking software that sometimes stops working for days at a time. When this happens, you will get a message saying your new registration has been blocked because you're a spammer. I'm sorry that this happens and most of you will use the Contact button to alert me to the fact that you've been blocked. If I don't get back to you right away please don't hesitate to (politely) shoot me another email saying you'd like to get access to the site. When the spam blocker fails I can get hit with a bunch of requests at the same time and one or two will regrettably fall through the cracks

Active Threads
This feature has been modified to exclude classifieds. The classifieds were hard to pick out anyway so it shouldn't make much of a difference. Just below the Active Threads listings you'll now see there is an Active Classifieds listing. I'm a big classifieds surfer at the various RC sites and it's allowed me to fly big planes on a small budget. Now you can surf the newest and most active classifieds by glancing down below the Active Threads section. If you sell something in the classifieds just post a last entry with the word SOLD and close the thread. It'll drift off the active list in due time.

Why? Contest is wrapping up
The entry period has ended and our sponsors are viewing the entries to pick a winner. We should have the entries posted in another day or two and then we'll hopefully announce a winner by the end of the week. Thanks to everyone that entered and thanks very much to our sponsors for making it all possible.

Advertising
Most of the advertising spots are taken. There are still a few small spots left but if you see an advertiser on the site, chances are they've earned the right to be here by being trustworthy and fair multi-rotor vendors that have managed to earn the respect of our community. Please consider them when you're in the market for something new.

Blogs
The blogs section is active. I haven't been through there much but I hope that some of you are taking advantage of it to post your exploits.

Thanks so much for making this site as useful as it is. It's extremely gratifying to see so many people here learning and sharing in such a positive way.

Regards,
Bartman

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks for fighting the fight for us. Them spammer/hacker people are ruthless

I'm still having problems posting pictures but i think it's my firefox browser.

Dang, i used to catch new postings in the classifieds by hitting just one button, ah well, it'll give you guys a chance to buy the stuff, hahaha

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
If anyone has contacted me and didn't receive a response please feel free to shoot me a reminder using the "Contact Us" button at the bottom right corner of the screen.

Thanks,
Bart

jforkner

I notice that since the software update, the "NEW" box indicating new posts does not appear correctly when using Firefox (ver. 15.0.1) on my iMac. Instead of appearing to the left of the Forum Title, it shows up spread out below the title with the bottom of the box cropped off. Curiously it looks fine in Safari. Just thought you ought to know.

Jack

EDIT: Whoa...5 min. after posting this, it displayed as expected. Not sure what happened, but thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
mine did but not after i rebooted after he updated the forum..... what happens then, cookies deleted or cache purged,,,, something like that

might try tools/clear recent history

kloner

Aerial DP
Bart, the email notices that are coming from here are really delayed now. they always were in my box when somebody replied. now there 2 minutes to hours later. on the php type forums there was an email log that got filled with email that bounced to bad email acounts. not sure if this is the same, but it's really slacking