Photohigher skyline rsgs

skivvie

You mentioned earlier in this thread the max voltage was now 6V, but the site still says: Power - Operates on a wide range of input voltages (4V – 7.2V)

Was this fixed so they can take 7.2v or has the site not been updated?

I think the website isn't updated. they are under a BIG BUNCH a hard work there :/

They are doing their best to send the skyline to the resellers and believe me it's not as easy as 1,2,3 :)

skivvie

You might want to remind them about that ASAP or they are going to be getting a lot of pissed of customers and repairs when they plug up more than 6v and fry their long awaited RSGS. I know I'd be one if I hadn't read this thread as my CC bEC is set for 6.5 v for my av130 servos.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah, I have the same voltage on my CC bec and am expecting the Skyline any week now. Would be very frustrating to have a blow out first thing. I'll email Kim right now.

I recieved my new Skkylines and Red Epic AV200. But I have them Just sitting here, and will not plug anything in until I hear back from Kimberly in regards to the max Voltage. I waited too long and do not want to see one go up in smoke when I plug in a 2S lipo lol. I am guessing I will just run a 6v BEC and be ok. Ill wait to hear what he says though.

I made the mistake to plug a 2S Lipo but on the original datasheet it's 7.2 V MAX.
a 2S LiPo can deliver up to 8.4v so ... blown off the skyline.

DON'T USE 2S LIPO !

The last recommendation of Kimberley: use it with 6V max.

you have to consider tht the voltage regulator is dimensionned to dissipate 7.2v max. but on the skyline it's embedded in a plastic housing so it become warm rapidly.
6V is a safety limit I think.

Best regards,
Cédric

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
No thanks :)

but if 6 volts is all that powers the Skyline, is that all that powers the gimbal servos as well? I cant imagine for the life of me that Kim would not have planned on the gimbals running their best at this voltage if that's the voltage specified.

m4rc0nd35

if necessary, you can use the servants with an independent supply 7.2v, and 6v with skyline in b and c, just remove the wires from each servo positive and make the direct connection to battery 7.2v, Thanks.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I just got this from Kim....

"Thanks for the update – 6.5volts is correct and will work well – just do not go above 7.2volts. The Skyline cannot take a 2S lipo pack! 7.2 is max but we strongly recommend either 6 or 6.5volts.

Regards,

Kimberley Attwell
CEO"

skivvie

Good news. So we can run the gimbal servos and the skyline rsgs off of the cc BEC at 6.5v. Should be enough amps there I imagine.

Please do be carfull when powering your Skyline gyros - although the input voltage is 4.8 - 7.2 vots. 7.2v is the maximum and not a nominal voltage. Do not try and power it with a 2S you will blow it. In future revision we will look at changin this.

Cople of tips when setting up the Skyline:
Make sure the gyro is as level as you can get it when you set it up for the first time - also keep an eye on it to make sure it does not move, you will get better results
A 6v or 6.5v 5A is more than enough power to get the speed and smothnest out of the Savox servo. I know some of you use a 2S power supply to try and get better preformace out of the MK flight controler when used for gimbal stabilisation. It is not required with the Skyline!

Please log in to our web site you will be able to down load the Software and firmware from there. We will upload the instruction manual on Monday we are just finishing it off.

Thank you,

Kimberley Attwell

m4rc0nd35

Please do be carfull when powering your Skyline gyros - although the input voltage is 4.8 - 7.2 vots. 7.2v is the maximum and not a nominal voltage. Do not try and power it with a 2S you will blow it. In future revision we will look at changin this.

Cople of tips when setting up the Skyline:
Make sure the gyro is as level as you can get it when you set it up for the first time - also keep an eye on it to make sure it does not move, you will get better results
A 6v or 6.5v 5A is more than enough power to get the speed and smothnest out of the Savox servo. I know some of you use a 2S power supply to try and get better preformace out of the MK flight controler when used for gimbal stabilisation. It is not required with the Skyline!

Please log in to our web site you will be able to down load the Software and firmware from there. We will upload the instruction manual on Monday we are just finishing it off.

Thank you,

Kimberley Attwell

good night, I wonder if the forecast does not add to NORMAL/REVERSE the servo roll, since they say that for the roll gimbal CineStar is reversed, Thanks.

@m4RC0ND35: it's not as easy as reversing a servo I think. Stabilisation is a complex algorythm.
Example: if you tilt your camera to the floor, the roll became a pan for the compensation. So if yuo tilt your camera of 45°, the roll is a combination of roll and pan angle. So I don't think that just reversing a servo will do the trick.
maybe it works but I doubt.

I received my skyline a week ago. when I first ran it on an AV130 it rattled the camera like a woodpecker. Brendan at Skyline suggested I powered it via the pan input not through the receiver. (I was using a 6v ubec to the receiver and servos) I tried this and that cured the jitter. There would appear to be a decoupling problem which would indicate a hardware mod is needed.
Then I ran the Putty software to cure the servo creep, that worked.
Then PH uploaded new software and firmware to their site. The new software would not work until the new firmware was installed so I installed that (In spite of the fact I had spent several hours tuning the servos with the puTTy interface)
This was a disaster, the gimbal went absolutely ballistic with the new firmware, travelling at warp speed to its limits. I wouldnt be surprised if I have stripped a few gears.
Nothing I entered in the parameters would alter this at all. Worst of all the new firmware will not wake up the puTTy interface so I cant use that to restore previous settings.

I know PH have been busy developing this stuff but I do think that somewhere along the way someone could have spent a few minutes writing some simple instructions. That would have saved me a few hours. As of this moment the documentation is absolutely Zero. Even the help page in the software is a blank. They are taking money for this kit now so it is not as if it is in beta.

Sorry about the Rant but I generally like PH gear and I have invested so much time and money in this now I really hope to be able to get it to work. If anyone else has experience of getting the Skyline to work perhaps you could help me as I am working completely in the dark

Hi,
Where did you order your skyline ?
because the skyline will be sent to resellers tomorow for a delivery on friday so are you sure you didn't get a test skyline ?

I have to contact Kimberley this week to make a global resume on the skyline but I really don't think that Kim will release the skyline without any manual. Photohigher has proved several time that they are working hard and they have a very professionnal behavior for the enhancement and lauching of their products.

Some dealers like myself, have already received their orders of the production model Skylines. So I do not doubt the guy got a production model. Chris, Did you receive a skyline with the same wire harness as shown below? I know Kimberly will be releasing a manual very soon, probably early this week. Once it is complete, it will be up on their site. So keep looking over there, and hopefully it will be up soon, shedding some light on the set up procedures.

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

yes that is exactly the same unit as mine. It was working perfectly with the previous firmware.
I know it will be sorted but I wish I hadnt installed the new firmware. I have asked PH to send me the version that works with puTTy as I will be able to restore my settings hopefully.

Just received the old firmware 1.1.1
I will try it tomorrow and hope it cures the issue. Brendan says the new one should work if I go to the servos tab in the new software and tick reverse servo for the tilt servo and roll servo then save the settings.
I thought I had done that but will try again tomorrow.