Photohigher skyline rsgs

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Their is a little bastard on this board: mmalik4.
this moron just took my video about the skyline on youtube, removed the credits regarding who has made the video and he has monetised it on its account!

Of course he didn't asked anything nor contacted me in any way.

I have passed 6 hours working on the skyline and on the video just to see this douch using to its own credit...

Get in touch with youtube and get them to take it down!

Regards, Gunter
via the Samsung

Macsgrafs

Yes, for both axis. I've already removed the tilt pot and will get around to yanking the roll pot as well, probably next time I have a reason to put wrenches on it, so far working pretty good...

Ken

Great stuff Ken, have you managed to get any video from your new mount yet? Would love to see how good the results are.

Ross

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Great stuff Ken, have you managed to get any video from your new mount yet? Would love to see how good the results are.

Ross

Just starting to get it dialed in and the rain started, going to be wet until Saturday at the earliest so this is the best I have so far. CS with WKM in gusty wind, a combination we all know is not a good one, made a lot more viable with addition of the RSGS to the AV130... http://www.multirotorforums.com/sho...uadcopters.co.uk&p=37275&viewfull=1#post37275

holco

I wonder what will happens with the roll stabilisation when the tilt is 90° down? because the roll gyro will then be on the pan axel.

Macsgrafs

Looks very good to me Ken, especially considering the wind & controller in use...very impressive.
Geoff I liked your indoor video, though your arms being so close to that lens did make me think of "Popeye" ;) ;) ;)

Ross

Hi,

I have had an email from Kim this morning,
The schedule is still planned for a delivery at the end of may.
There is a lack of video from beta testers and Kim will ask them to be more productive ^^

I will receive a new skyline for testing because I have had a small problem: The skyline can handle 7.2V (respect to the datasheet) but not a 2S LiPo. We were about to make some test with a friend (professionnal from movie/TV) and I have realised too late that he was powering his servos with a 2S LiPo (HV JR servo...)
Too late for the Skyline that have decided to go on strike: no more answer, no communication at all :/

Kimberley has been very kind to send me another one for testing purpose. We are planning a bunch of test in real conditions.

skivvie

I wonder what will happens with the roll stabilisation when the tilt is 90° down? because the roll gyro will then be on the pan axel.

Definitely a great question. I hadn't realized the skyline rotates with the tilt axis. This would create gimbal lock as Mario asked! Even with. 45 degree tilt it seems you get mixing... How has this been addressed??

Unfortunatly I can't answer this question as I don't have anymore a skyline that is working with me. (mine didn't handle to be powered with a 2S Lipo)
I'm REALLY pissed of by other beta testers, As far as I know we three or four guys that have made some videos and some reports ( Geoff from quadrocopter UK, RTRyder, ...) but what the hell are doing the other resellers thats are also beta tester ?!

I have had an email from kiomberley this morning anf the end user skyline are in production, it will be available within 10 days normaly :)

Hi,
I have some fresh news from this early morning :)

First: the skyline are ready to go, t will be shipped next week week from New Zealand :)
second: the direct drive system for AV130/200 wll be ready for the end of june

but I have also a ba news: the skyline isn't compatible with cinestar gimbal. The roll axis is reversed. Perhaps there will be a firware release in the future but nothing is scheduled for now. Sorry for that. Skyline has been designed for AV130/AV200 not for other gimbals.

The maximum voltage for the skyline is now 6v (instead of 7.2v) many misunderstanding has been done by beta testers (including myself) powering the skyline with a 2S LiPo resulting in a fried skyline.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeorgeM

Not that simple Piranha.... RSGS seems to give a feedback to the servo ( where the potentiometer was connected ) by a signal generated from the unit. ( replacing the Pot ).
Watch closely 1001's installation video.
ie.. in other words... there are 2 servo cables per servo... one for the signal, other for the pot reverse feedback.

This is all speculative from my side.

Theoretically it is not the problem for people with some soldering skills, you just need to reverse servo potentiometer and motor polarity :)

I'm not sure it will work because there is no more potentiometer with the skyline.
The gyros replace the potentiometer and you can't reverse gyros value otherwise than inside the software.

Piranha

Not that simple Piranha.... RSGS seems to use a feedback to the servo potentiometer by a signal generated from the unit.

Right you are, George, my fault, I've forgotten about NO POT in the system any more :( SO the only software reverse should work(and It should cost nothing for Kim to implement this into software)!
So George, I am waiting "a RSGS competitor" from your side ;)

skivvie

1001 ...
Thanks for the updates, it's good to know someone is interested in keeping us potential customers on the line! ;-)

m4rc0nd35

Theoretically it is not the problem for people with some soldering skills, you just need to reverse servo potentiometer and motor polarity.

I believe that only the motor to reverse the polarity decides.

Hi,
latest news from Photohigher:

- the skyline are delayed of one week. The cable provider wasn't able to keep the delay. So the skylines will be on delivery to resellers next week normaly.

- The skyline is officially fully compatible with AV130/200 but no spupport will be done for other gimbals. Perhaps later.

- The actual selling price is for preorder Only. On the next batch, the price will rise of 35%

Photohigher focus on the new HERO gimbals. The enhhancement kit for AV200/130 with direct drive motors is actually delayed, no release date for the moment.

Hi,

Some fresh news about the skylines:

The parcell will be sent from new zealand to resellers on monday :)
As there have been lots of preorder, it's possible that some people will have to wait for the second batch.