Photohigher AV200 PRO, Video Vibrations ?

jes1111

How hard can it be?

Fun video of design/contruction of a 3-axis gimbal with dedicated controller.

http://youtu.be/ASYm0ZxUCEo

Question: if it takes seven students six months to design and build a gimbal, then how long does it take... oh, never mind! I just want their workshop! :cool:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Okay, vibrations are better the flying skills not and windy of coarse :) But tried to move the gimbal and get some movements in to see if the vibrations start. Can you guys please comment on the roll axis stabilization, is it doing what its supposed to do ? Waiting for the Gelpads and feeling that it will get even better. I also tried a GoPro which i borrowed from one of the 8 Heli guys standing around asking qestions about my kopter, making me more nervous than being in middleschool and asking a girl out. I never configured the Gopro an it was giving me the rolling shutter effect to the max. Does this mean now i have to many vibrations on the frame, or is it an configuration issue of the GOpro ?

[video]http://sprealinvest.at/better/better.html[/video]

Thanks

Boris

By the way one of you using the Picloc Stabilzation is it worth it compare to what the FC can do ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I did not see any gitters in there from the mount only your thumbs! ;-)

Its not just the mount that needs tuning for videoing but the whole setup from your toes though your body the TX, mind, thumbs and finally the mount!

Practice practice practice.. everything from your take off to landings.. especially your yaw..

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp I will take next week off and do a whole week practice sessions in salzburg around the lake. Played around with the FC camera stabilization these were the best setting and results i could get. Is this the highest feeling I can get out of a the AV 200 with FC stabi ? Just concerned about the Roll axis:

sorry about the boxers :)

[video]http://sprealinvest.at/highest/highest.html [/video]

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Boris,
It still looks like you need to increase the roll value. As you get closer just bump it up 3 or 4 at a time until it's just right. Or have you tried that already?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I am getting close, but it is frustrating every time it seems to hit the spot, next try it seems completly off again. Strange although I calibrate always from the same postion 100% level etc. hmm
it will work eventually I guess ! Thanks !

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Short video for Ollie322,

he also seems to have issues with his gimbal and might have some parts missing. So i quickly took apart the plate/gimbal. Screw were loosened before the left plastic washer is not the original.
Ollie322 wanted to post it here instead of PM since it might be helpful to others.

http://sprealinvest.at/tapart/tapart.html might still take some minutes just going up !

Regards

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
puh, getting sick of testing this !

This is the highest of feelings i can get after 40 vids in front of the mirror and tests on the table. I have given up on the believe that the gimbal will be stable during the roll movement, but at least i would like to have it level at the end of a roll compensation. If you guys have anymore tips on testing this in a better way or what other variables i might not have considered i would be very happy. Stabilization is done with the FC servo outputs an i have the digital servos original from PH.

Two Vids

http://sprealinvest.at/spiegel/spiegel.html

http://sprealinvest.at/wasser/wasser.html

Thanks !

Boris

Bartman

Sorry to not have mentioned this before but getting the MK flight control to control the camera mount perfectly in roll is nearly impossible. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen anyone get it perfect yet and it won't likely ever happen. As I understand it the programming for it is in German so it's unlikely to be fixed regardless of how "Open" the software is.
I'm going to be building a new mount with a CopterControl/Receiver/battery independent of the MK control board so maybe that will get the camera mount to behave itself a bit better.
Bart

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sorry to not have mentioned this before but getting the MK flight control to control the camera mount perfectly in roll is nearly impossible. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen anyone get it perfect yet and it won't likely ever happen. As I understand it the programming for it is in German so it's unlikely to be fixed regardless of how "Open" the software is.
I'm going to be building a new mount with a CopterControl/Receiver/battery independent of the MK control board so maybe that will get the camera mount to behave itself a bit better.
Bart

Part of the issue may very simply come down to power especially if you are powering the servos on the mount from the MK board. The standard Recom that drives the servo circuits on the flight controller has a capacity of 1 amp, the servos used on the newer AV 130 and AV 200 mount can draw 5 times that much current and should be powered by a suitably sized external regulator circuit.

The problem can be made worse with large cameras and lenses on the platform causing the servo to work harder and draw more current. I suggest adding an external power source with 6 volts and at least 10 amp capacity to drive both servos on the mount. That will help the servos do their job as quickly as possible and relieve the stress on the secondary power circuit on the flight controller.

Ken

Bartman

a 2 cell, 1100 mah A123 pack would be perfect for this as it could also power the video transmitter. I recall seeing people power the servos directly from a battery source with only the signal coming from the receiver.
can anyone comment on that?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
okay than im going to keep it at the best i get it to at the moment und just wait for the picloc, hoping it will as good as said. Bart if you start with the CC/R/Lipo mention it somewhere if you find the time. I would be interested in the components and maybe trying it myself. Ken I have a ubec installed taking power from the distribution board and giving the servos a constant 6.5v.

Little frustrating one spends so much money and it cant do as expected and the fiddling and buying new components is going on

Bartman

i'm expecting to have the cells by Wednesday and the mount by next Friday so look for something by next weekend or beginning of the week after that. i may be wrong but i think it's going to be bad-as$s.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
from the CopterControl side is there already a specific firmware for this task. What i mean is that the CC gets a different firmware than normally just for cam stabilization ? I am not questioning just asking why should the CC be better ? More fine tuning etc ?

Bartman

it's been done before but, as I understand it, there isn't any special software for the CC board when it's used as a dedicated camera mount stabilizer. It's just a matter of giving it a power supply, a receiver, and then mounting it to the frame to move in unison with the camera. The benefit is that it isn't concerned with the copter's attitude, it is only trying to keep itself at the attitude commanded by the gyros or receiver inputs. In theory you should be able to spin the copter in roll and pitch and the mount should be seeking level or whatever attitude is commanded throughout the maneuver.
Let's hope it works!!!!:confused::confused:
Bart

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ken I have a ubec installed taking power from the distribution board and giving the servos a constant 6.5v.

Boris can you post some pics of how it is connected and what make of ubec it is

Dave

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ken I have a ubec installed taking power from the distribution board and giving the servos a constant 6.5v.

Boris can you post some pics of how it is connected and what make of ubec it is

Dave

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dave,

thats the Ubec http://www.kopterworx.com/vmchk/Camera-mounts-/-Remote/6V-camera-mount-supply
sorry not 6.5 its 6v.

or http://www.helidirect.com/5v6v-switchmode-ubec-p-1449.hdx

Fotos show the placement on the gimbal. Servos signal comes from FC obviously, power from the distribution board black white cables and a little distribution board was used for the servos plugs. If you need anything more detailed tell me !

ubec1.JPG

ubec2.JPG

ubec3.JPG

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
pretty happy with the Gopro results, gimbal behaves a lot better. When it comes to the heavier DSLRs than the FC stabi. is just ****. It was a bad decision to fly that day still hungover from the night before bacherlor party. Took it down after 3 mins couldn`t fly it safe in that state of mind :)

http://sprealinvest.at/gopro/gopro.html