Tau Labs OP Developers banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least they wised up and removed the post where they were blaming Oleg for the forums going down. So typical of them trying to scapegoat and stir up **** instead of acknowledging they just pissed off and lost another dev.

It is a shame to hear/read this I just got really interested in OP but from what I read here I will wait and look around a bit more.

Always treat people with respect you don't know what there position will be tomorrow...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh dear sorry to read the news Oleg, I know how much effort you put in back in the day. I too feel ashamed of believing what I did when I was there and am only just getting back into multirotor flying a couple of years later. The politics in such simple machines are just amazing. Trampling on people does not make for a successful team! There are decent projects out there and its never been easier or cheaper to get into multi flying.

Sorry, I missed these comments earlier.

Hello
I am not really behind the technical side of OP, but really interested how this project is structured and how it is possible that development members get banned and trated like sh*t. Is there some sort of little Hitler deciding who can stay and who is going to be banned ?
My impression so far from open-source projects in other fields was that - simply speaking - a group of enthusiasts work loosely together on a project, get next to nothing paied and try to develop that project further and further.....

Is there some sort of boss at OP, and how about banning the boss ?

Better idea would be to ban the raving nutcase himself. You know with a W not a D.

All of the best people have now gone from there.

Yeah, the guy who started the project is often a really nice guy but gets too passionate and carried away. Then when he decides he doesn't like someone he _really_ doesn't like them and there is no end to the lying and things he will do to discredit that person (see Oleg's story compared to the lies they were saying at OP before one of the remaining sane mods deleted it http://i.imgur.com/zA3pOtS.png). Before the Tau Labs fork a number of the developers got together and started discussing making the whole system more transparent and democratic. When Dave heard he went nuts told our opinions didn't matter and that we should start our own fork. So we did.

It would have been nice to try and fix the community from the inside but basically the attempts got no traction, and you can't argue with the guy who runs all the servers. Any mods that disagree with the group-think are instantly ousted (most of the people posting above here were former moderators at OP), so there is huge turnover.

Avoiding this is also why Tau Labs is under a non-profit (Omnioloco) with a board that votes on issues instead of a single leader.

AlPackin

even Maineiack got banned and nobody kissed Dave's a** more then he did

edit
not that he was a dev but just to show how nobody is secure under a tyrant

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

I should probably post this in the OP forum but I still havent got rid of my CC3d boards and am looking to have another spin with them soon. Am I right in understanding there is another software/firmware that can be used with the board?. Tau?,
Cheers

btw you guys hopefully know that many many people have been aware of these issues for 2 years now.

Hyper

yeah, Hyper's days are numbered :(

Time will tell.

IMHO, sometimes you just have to do what you think is right, regardless of the consequences. I just did it a bit more publicly than some others in this particular example. I am thankful to Alex for editing the first post of that thread.

The whole situation is unfortunate and stressful for all involved and for all who have witnessed it unfolding, and I for one am hopeful that it will not be used to reopen any TL<->OP wounds - that will benefit no-one. Life's too short for any of us to be consumed by this sort of crap, regardless of how important it all appears in the heat of the moment to those in the thick of it.

I know I am not alone in appreciating Oleg's contribution to OP over the years (and hence indirectly to the TL code base), and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Flylite

Time will tell.

IMHO, sometimes you just have to do what you think is right, regardless of the consequences. I just did it a bit more publicly than some others in this particular example. I am thankful to Alex for editing the first post of that thread.

The whole situation is unfortunate and stressful for all involved and for all who have witnessed it unfolding, and I for one am hopeful that it will not be used to reopen any TL<->OP wounds - that will benefit no-one. Life's too short for any of us to be consumed by this sort of crap, regardless of how important it all appears in the heat of the moment to those in the thick of it.

I know I am not alone in appreciating Oleg's contribution to OP over the years (and hence indirectly to the TL code base), and wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

Awesome of you to step in there Hyper, I just hope it does not bring you issues.

Stacky

I have downloaded the TauLabs GCS, should be free to pop it into a quad in about a week. Nice to see the auto tune function in there.

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
For those, who don't know: Hyper is another one OpenPilot core team developer (at least, at the moment).

His contribution, like mine, was mostly behind the scene, aided at improving overall firmware codebase. As an example of his work, users of CC3D must say thanks to him because Hyper is that guy who has fixed long-standing issue with CC3D crashes using 13.06.x released firmware. It was hard issue, no one of us could reproduce it on demand. He managed to do so, did a lot of internal testing and committed the fix (c3e3521) on July 27th 2013, which made the 13.06.03 release (unpublished AFAIK), and 13.06.04. Now CC3D is safe to fly using latest, not one year old OP firmware.

Thank you, Richard, on behalf of hundreds of CC3D users, and from me for all your contribution.

G

Guest12Oct2013

Hyper....Thanks for all your help bud... And I hope you stay with op :)

Last edited:

For those, who don't know: Hyper is another one OpenPilot core team developer (at least, at the moment).

His contribution, like mine, was mostly behind the scene, aided at improving overall firmware codebase. As an example of his work, users of CC3D must say thanks to him because Hyper is that guy who has fixed long-standing issue with CC3D crashes using 13.06.x released firmware. It was hard issue, no one of us could reproduce it on demand. He managed to do so, did a lot of internal testing and committed the fix (c3e3521) on July 27th 2013, which made the 13.06.03 release (unpublished AFAIK), and 13.06.04. Now CC3D is safe to fly using latest, not one year old OP firmware.

Thank you, Richard, on behalf of hundreds of CC3D users, and from me for all your contribution.

Aw, man. You guys should have asked us about that. We could have helped you out with the MPU6000 driver bug. We fixed that back in Feb https://github.com/TauLabs/TauLabs/issues/233 . I would have told you ... but well as the title says developers were banned :(.

Great work Hyper! That was a tough one to track down.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Wow posts deleted and edited not cool at all man

not cool, that's fine. whenever OP comes up someone has to pile on the drama. i left your post intact with the only worthwhile stuff you said in your two posts.

have a nice day.

G

Guest12Oct2013

All I sad was that people should stop trash talking on each other...

What's wrong with that?

Others are free to express there opinions and I'm not? That is what it feels like...

As it stands my opinion is of this People should just stop all the trash talk and drama back and fourth is does no good what so ever all it does is holds tau and op back we should all work together and not let egos get in the way... This is for everyone not just tau or op...

Status
Not open for further replies.