Need help on setting DJI NAZA GPS with Spektrum DX8

Michael

Hello billmac thanks for the info it was changed at the advice of another flyer ....... trouble is many have different ideas on this set up

billmac

Hi Michael
Set it up as the guy in Pacific coast hobbies and you cant go worng if you got a DX8
good luck

Rehost

There will always be arguments about setups. The advantage you (and I) have is we can adapt to any setup since we don't have those "habits".

Whether you go with heli, or plane, it will be a fun experience. And no, 80 years is not too old, hats off! Many 32 year olds have a hard time too LOL

Download the file from the link I sent. It will make setup VERY easy. I haven't tried the Failsafe yet but I programmed it during the binding process. Don't give up and don't be shy to ask questions

Enjoy!
Dan

Rehost

Bill,

Can you elaborate? I'm a total newbie also and made a couple of flights so far with this setup. What is the difference and why is one better than the other?

Thanks!
Dan

billmac

Hi Rehost
Quads fly like planes when you go onto heli mode you have all sorts of mixings in the radio I know you can inhibit them but why go to all trouble when you don’t need to.

Michael

Hello billmac I did not seem to be able to go anywhere with the plane setup so tried the helicopter and after half a day I am in a mess with that too ....I suppose if one is familier with the DX8 it might be easy BUT I find the DX 8 very hard due the roller keeps throwing me off course !!I need a complete button to button switch to switch and HOW to do it step by step to get all the switches operating . I MIGHT be able one day to get this 450 actually FLYING. Not like my Gaui 330X which after three great flights decided to turn upside down and crashed I suppose the real problem is that I find the directions NOT QUITE enough to be able to get things to work ........ so if you can help as many have tried . It would be appreciated , maybe at 80 I am too old but Id like to get it working Michael

Michael

PS I am so unused to Forums I sometimes cannot get to the right page sorry I have now downloaded one Helicopter and failed ! and one Failsafe which cant be done until Ive set the programme up properly Michael

Rehost

Bill,

Ok gotcha. Thank you for that. Freechip did it all for us in his programming but I didn't know the differences.

Here is a picture of my button setup (default from Freechips DX8 program)
View attachment 8995

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358521701.240449.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358521701.240449.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 331

billmac

Hi Michael
Go into post 12 and just set up your dx8 as the guy in the video just take your time stop and start video as required good luck.
DX8
Gear Switch = Fail Safe
F Mode Switch = GPS ATTI MAN
Aux #2 = Home Course OFF

Michael

Hello O K thanks but now I have to wait the cable plug to AR 8000 has gone US !!!!! ordered a new one but take a LONG time Thanks for your button and switch set up BUT I have to be taken through the sequence to GET there that is the PROBLEM I have !!!!! Regards Michael

Michael

I realise everyone is trying to help but I need to be able to start this program from the start and take it step by step watching a video is difficult because some talk too quickly and do some actions that I do not know how to get there ...... step by step I could follow for example set transmitter to Aircraft I have wired up Gear to U channel Aux 1 to X1 Aux 2 to X2 now what is the next step Regards to all Michael

Mori55

I sent you the link to Freechips blog on Rc groups .. The download is right there just download it to your computer and put it on your dx8 sd card. Then open the card on your radio. That's it done everything assigned to switches and all. The only thing you have to do is set your receiver failsafe. It dosent get any easier than this. You really need to study the naza Manuel.

Michael

Hello Mori55 for some reason I cannot down load this to my computer , thanks for trying to help Regards Michael

tstrike

pendejo grande
Hi Michael, it sounds like you haven't assigned the proper switches on your dx8. To do this, hold the scroll wheel down then power it on. This brings up the system setup screen. Scroll down to Switch select and click on it. This lets you turn on/off and assign the switches on your radio to the proper plug ins on the receiver.
As an example, I'm using the F mode switch for my 3 position switch, so I scroll down to F mode, click the box and scroll to what reciever channel I want to assign which would be Gear since that's what my U channel on the naza is plugged into on my ar8000 receiver. Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mori55

Hello Mori55 for some reason I cannot down load this to my computer , thanks for trying to help Regards Michael
e
Did you go to the link I sent you ? It won't download to a iPad but will to any computer. Right click it, I'm telling you it'll save days of figuring this out. I spent 4 days looking at you tube and reading this and that, five minutes with down load. You'll see dji naza spm file in blue right click and save on computer then load to your sd card. Trust me you can do it.

Michael

Hello Mori55 I am not toooo familier with computers BUT when I right click on your message in my email, all I get is to comeback here to your message so I am unable to download anything .......... ,
maybe I am just too STUPID I have been trying to get this just to work without the props for one month or more . sometimes I really think of giving up !!! Regards