New Release: Connex HD Video Downlink 3000FT $1599.

scotth

I spoke to DSLR Pros and they told me the mount isn't out yet. They also said it powers from the gimbal but the person I spoke to didn't know how.

jimska

I spoke to DSLR Pros and they told me the mount isn't out yet. They also said it powers from the gimbal but the person I spoke to didn't know how.
Just had the same reply from Amimon. Don't know if they are working with DSLR Pros but the solution they are coming up with seems to be the same. Not ready yet but they will let me know when it is. Told me video out of the GCU is looking unlikely.

scotth

I'm also dubious of hanging the transmitter on the back of the gimbal arm given the weight and inertia that far from center.. and how picky these gimbals are.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I should have one in a week or two! My camera operator is shipping it to me. Really looking forward to trying it out.

Dylan M

Which Switch...
Well Amimon makes chipsets for the likes of Teradek and Paralinx, so I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing...

hexhome

Television Broadcast Engineer, SUSA operator
We are testing one of these. Impressed so far. Getting reliable signal at 800m + on the ground and 740m in the air. Will be tweaking and testing this week.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
Mine arrived today... the packaging is impressive. Hopefully will be testing soon with a GoPro on a smaller rig, once the weather gets better.

axi

We are testing one of these. Impressed so far. Getting reliable signal at 800m + on the ground and 740m in the air. Will be tweaking and testing this week.
Did you tested how well the system handles intermitent loss of sight or with small obstacles ( small brushes/trees ) non LoS situations?

hexhome

Yes but at close range, -100m. It was glitch free even when a truck drove between tx and RX. More testing this week.

hexhome

Cameraj, no, there is no HDMI output from the iosd. Itay be possible to up convert but then you add a whole lot of extra Gubbins.

Cameraj

What is the telemetry port on the side of the transmitter ? Does anyone know what the wires break out to be?
Cameraj, no, there is no HDMI output from the iosd. Itay be possible to up convert but then you add a whole lot of extra Gubbins.
ha

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Our range has not been fantastic yet. Didn't get 250m before loosing signal the other day. However, we were out over the sea and we were using a Spektrum transmitter next to the Connex receiver. We have now moved to Futaba and using the SBUS link built in to the Connex and just waiting to test it now.

hexhome

With this frequency, ground is needed to propagate the signal. The further away from 'ground' the poorer the reception.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hexhome

Re read that and thought it sounded c#¥p! Basically, a microwave transmission such as 5 Ghz, will be boosted by proximity to a reflector. ie. The ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ovdt

Our range has not been fantastic yet. Didn't get 250m before loosing signal the other day. However, we were out over the sea and we were using a Spektrum transmitter next to the Connex receiver. We have now moved to Futaba and using the SBUS link built in to the Connex and just waiting to test it now.

Carapau,

Did you install the software and adjust the link parameter to "signal boost"? Before setting this, I was getting black-outs around 150-200 meters. But now, I have crystal clear downlink even at 400 meters.