New Align 800 cameraship - Needs some work!

DennyR

Yep this is what I am currently using: Motor is a Pyro 700-52 with 13t pinion plus a kontronics 120 heli set to mode-6 The blades are 710 asymmetric Spinblades 95 mm tail blades and the headspeed in Idle-up 1 is 1450 and -2 is about 1600. sometimes I run a bit faster if it is very windy. Normal mode I don't use as the headspeed can drop too low in the descent. For practice Autorotations use the hold button. 25 mins is the normal duration but you are better off with lighter cheepo batteries and run for 8-10 mins.

hope that helps. The main change from the photos is that the Zenmuse has been removed for my own 3 axis brushless based on Alexmos.

hga77

Yep this is what I am currently using: Motor is a Pyro 700-52 with 13t pinion plus a kontronics 120 heli set to mode-6 The blades are 710 asymmetric Spinblades 95 mm tail blades and the headspeed in Idle-up 1 is 1450 and -2 is about 1600. sometimes I run a bit faster if it is very windy. Normal mode I don't use as the headspeed can drop too low in the descent. For practice Autorotations use the hold button. 25 mins is the normal duration but you are better off with lighter cheepo batteries and run for 8-10 mins.

hope that helps. The main change from the photos is that the Zenmuse has been removed for my own 3 axis brushless based on Alexmos.
Thanks Denny :)

Also is that the standard length boom that comes with the TDR? Or did you get the TDR 800 kit (longer boom)?

DennyR

Sorry for the late reply but no is the answer, I don't want to get any bigger on rotor size. Asymmetric spin blades at 710 length are well over 200 grams so that is starting to get into the unknown with head speed safety. Endurance is not an issue so I don't need to do it.:tennis:

Last edited by a moderator:

R_Lefebvre

Arducopter Developer
Yeah, I've pretty much been limiting myself to 700 size as well, for the same reason. Going to 800 means the selection of blades is almost nothing, and you are definitely getting into unknown territory. 700 size is very well known and supported.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Sorry for the late reply but no is the answer, I don't want to get any bigger on rotor size. Asymmetric spin blades at 710 length are well over 200 grams so that is starting to get into the unknown with head speed safety. Endurance is not an issue so I don't need to do it.:tennis:

Wow DennyR, very nice... Got any new videos? I'd love to see some from your heli :) I just got done building my new Y6 MR, can't wait to go fly..gotta wait on a few more parts from China. If you have any new videos, post them up!

DennyR

Rob how close is that Ardu. now?

I think that apart from the standardization of 700 size heli. parts, the size is a good balance between what you can easily see and move around the sky and the ease of transport.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
My Copterworks heli has 950 blades and SAB are about the only ones available that won't break up. The relatively high head speed of 1430 unfortunately precludes M-Blades which don't have the tip speed.