Need some information on NAZA and non-DJI ESC's

skipper1

You'll hate me now. I got free shipping. It'll be here before the weekend. In the coupon code put "freeship" without the quotation.

Or, were you talking about V-eastonline?

skipper1

Consider it done. I have no problem letting people know they charge too much, no problem at all. I stopped doing business with a guy that was charging me over $30 for shipping, I told him that I knew he was ripping me off and if you need to know who it is, I have no problem telling you.

skipper1

Hey kloner,
I just called v to see about their Air Screw Coupler. I told them their web says they have them in stock and just below that it says out of stock. I also told them that you had talked to them and said they have them. They told me they won't have them for another 10 days with a new sku # 6053.40.

skipper1

v-eastonline tells me they will have the air screw couplings in stock in about a week.

Good news, my Suppo's came in today. I'm finding that the Suppo screw holes don't match up exactly and there's no wiggle room because the bottom of the shaft has a coupling on it that just fits into the center hole. What do you do to get them to fit on the 450 arms?

kloner

Aerial DP
i meant to show you by now on my build but am lagging. i use a 3/8 drill bit through the hole, but not into the leg,,,, it's easy to plow through. then i run a file to center it up

Only 2 of the motor bolts will line up, it's all you need, just make sure those two are loctited and tight. I've never had one back off yet and i've done it since february. everybody with TBS discoveries is doing the same cause we all run 28mm motors on dji arms.

skipper1

So you're only able to have 2 screws per motor. Sounds a little scary but if others have been doing it successfully then, OK. I have Loctite Thread Locker Blue 242, will that work for this application or do I need something else?

Kloner, when you have a little time, I could use a picture of exactly what you're talking about on drilling. Ya just get one chance without messing up.

I can't be in a big hurry because I won't have prop adapters for another 2 weeks so I have plenty of time to do everything correctly.

I wonder, couldn't you take your Dremel with one of the sanding drums or one of the stones and just carefully smooth out the center hole til you have motor clearance? Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
that's basicaly what you do, ream it out..... they have a rasp bit that fits a drill at hardware stores or harbor freight like this
http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-rotary-rasp-file-set-4476.html

anything aggressive is fine, doesn't need a fine drum, coarse drum better

I usually hit it with a 3/8" dril, right down the center then use that rasp to center it up. Pretty much just saves time of filing it all

If you had a mill, you could use that. it opens up right to the inside of the motor holes you dont use anymore.

The entire crew at tbs hasn't used but 2 bolts a motor the whole time. I've crashed several times, never had a motor pop of or anything else for that matter related to 2 bolts on my motors. There all like that here

brinnus

Can anyone confirm that the Turnigy 25A ESC (part code TY-P1) is NOT compatable with the Naza MC. Neither Hobbyking nor DJI know. My problem is that the motors won't arm when connected through Naza MC. If anybody knows that they ARE compatable then I ask for your help in configuring my Turnigy 9ch 9x.

kloner

Aerial DP
update to the latest firmware and they are compatible. if it won't arm, make us a movie of you turning it all on

brinnus

Thanks for your reply, I am sure it has the latest firmware because I have only recently bought it, had to wait for new stocks to arrive at Hobbyking. I will make and post a video as you suggest.

kloner

Aerial DP
that doesn't always mean you got the latest firmware. if you plug in the naza to your pc and your not seeing a notice to update, you most likely have the older firmware. the turnigy plush esc's only got made compatible the last firmware update,,,,,,,

if you never set the throttle range, then that's your problem. that's way back in the build stage, gotta pull each esc lead and plug it inot your throttle port on the rx and follow the instructions

brinnus

Sorry I should have mentioned that, both at the start of installing the motors they all armed and calibrated ok when connected direct to the Rx. As soon as I started to run into problems I checked this and calibrated again.
I have made a crude video and uploaded it to youtube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCHbTW20lQ8&feature=youtu.be

I havn't got a pc patch lead for the Tx but I will send off to HK for one. Just looked on HK site and can't find a pc lead for the 9x, so have sent them a support request. My 9x is supposed to have V2 firmware, is that the latest.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
it's not starting form all the programing you put in

reset teh model or make anotehr one, make it bone stock except what you have to make the man, gps and atti line up, leave all teh pitch, throttle all that alone and calibrate it to the tx cali in assistant. Your changing stuff makes full csm movement to not happen.....

If you do anything to your radio make sure to do it with the assistant plugged in and look what it does to those green bars. i highly recomend not changing anything but expo if you need to soften any movement. d/r and curves will crash you eventualy from not having full control of the movement in the naza

brinnus

Ok, I did exactly what you suggested and the motors still fail to arm. The next thing I suppose is to check the firmware version, only problem is that it takes 3 to 6 weeks for HK orders to arrive. As I said earlier I could not find a pc lead for the 9x on their web site, any suggestions where I might be able to obtain one.

kloner

Aerial DP
why are you trying to update the tx? I'm talking about naza and it came with a cable

when your in the assistant software for naza, if you click the tx cali tab it shows you what the radio is doing to naza, show me a video of that, move the sticks, call out you move and show us what moves on screen

skipper1

Kloner,
I think he's confused. I was the first time. There are several youtube videos that will walk you through the setup and that just might be the thing to help.