InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Finally I found time to update specifcation of InfinityMR-S and take new photos.

InfinityMR-S – a universal, lightweight gimbal supporting cameras up to 800g. It weights only 800g/677g – with/without the ORBIT damping system, what makes it a perfect choice for users seeking to make the flight time of a multirotor longer.

Combined with a TRANSFORMER handheld unit, InfinityMR-S will be a reliable partner during shoots on the ground.

InfinityMR-S comes as a fully assembled unit. So just get it out of the box and enjoy perfect stabilization.

InfinityMR-S is compatible with the most popular cameras on the market up to 800g (max width: 120mm; max height: 80mm), including: Sony RX100 I-IV; Sony A6000; Sony A6300, BlackMagic Micro Camera and all similar.
Weight: 800g (including the anti-vibration system and the mounting system)
Controller: AlexMos with encoders
Operating voltage: 4S LiPo battery
Toolless balancing system
Built-in ORBIT anti-vibration system
Materials: aluminum & carbon fiber
Dedicated encoder motors

InfinityMR-S_1-1024x576.jpg

InfinityMR-S_3-1024x576.jpg

InfinityMR-S_6-1024x576.jpg

And we have also nice handheld unit compatible with InfinityMR and InfinityMR-S:

Handheld_2-1024x576.jpg

Handheld_6-1024x576.jpg

The Red Baron

Hi,

I bought the MR-S from Jakub - It is brilliant - there is no slip ring on it so if you have a separate control for the gimbal you will have to keep the copter roughly pointing the correct direction however if that is ok with you then you will not be disappointed - it is beautifully made - it works brilliantly straight from the box, I didn't even open the BaseCam GUI it just works. I will post my first video (which ended in tears due to a battery adapter breaking a connection and hence only one battery was used which I didnt realise) when I ask the person who owns the buildings/ruins that I used for the video.

It is easily the best gimbal I have used

my UAV is a DYS X 800 4 with two 6S 5000mAh batteries (when the connector is working) with a sony nex 5N - however my wife's canon 70D fits in the gimbal and weighs 800grams so it should work for that too.

and finally Jakub is great and provides a wonderful service

jakuban

Hi Everyone!
Is there anyone who is using A7R II with InfinityMR? I would really apreciate if yoo can post some results here.
Thanks!

oschefer

New guy chiming in... I got an Infinity MR at the end of December last year and am finally starting to use it. I am still debating on what camera to get. But wanted to get my initial impressions out. First off working with Jakub has been great, very responsive and helpful. The gimbal arrived well packaged and protected, shipping to the US was quick. (As a warning to US customers you may have to pay a duty tax when it arrives at the airport on our end.) I am very impressed with then build quality of the gimabl. I am hooking it to a Tarot T960 and the adjustable with mounts are perfect, goes right onto the stock rails. I have ground tested it with an old heavy Nikon D80 and also a small Sony handycam cx-130. Seems to work very well with both right out of the box even with the very different weights of each camera. I have downloaded all the software to adjust/tune the gimbal but see no need to make any adjustments yet. Working right out of the box. I am powering it from a 4s 1300mah battery. I finally have my T960 up flying and tuned and did some initial test with the old Sony camera. I am setting it up as a 2 person operation so the 4s battery and a separate radio receiver are attached to the MR so it can do continuous 360 if we want to. I do not yet have and video links back so we are just playing at this point shooting and seeing what we got after. The only improvements I could possibly see would be 1) add some quick releases so the MR can detach from the bottom rails of the multirotor quickly for transport/storage. and 2) some mounting locations on the gimbal for a video tx, radio receiver and battery to keep it a little better looking after we strap stuff to it. Right now I just velcro/tape the receiver and battery on and will add a video tx soon.

An inital video is here - please remember there is no video tx yet so we didn't really know where we were aiming, was not designed to make a great video just an initial test and to check teh 2 person operation was working. The camera is an old Sony Cx-130. The only editing was to add teh forward gopro as well for a compare. The day was overcast, we actually landed early as it started to rain.

I am leaning to a GH4 for the camera but open to suggestions.

Attachments

• Gimbal D80a.jpg
    Gimbal D80a.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Gimbal D80b.jpg
    Gimbal D80b.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 512
  • GimbalPackaged.jpg
    GimbalPackaged.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 492
  • GimbalUnpacked.jpg
    GimbalUnpacked.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 459

Filthy

@oschefer - I have the same gimbal. Earlier version just before Jakub changed the dampening to the angled balls. Your footage looks great (especially for shooting blind). The first thing I did was to swap out the clamps for a quick release version so we can swap between two copters. I'd say overall I'm happy with it as well. We run either 1000 or 1300 4s lipos on it and they seem to go forever! Very efficient power-wise. Currently using GH4 and A7s (mostly GH4). I'm getting noticeable horizon drift during any yaw movements which the gimbal is very slow to react to. Can usually be correct when yawing the opposite direction. But happens in both 1 man and 2 man modes. Frustrating. Any chance you can share your profiles?

jakuban

Owen @oschefer thanks for that rewiew! Hopefully other users will find it helpful.
You mentioned that you would like to see some mounting places on the gimbal for additional equipment - take a look at updated InfinityMR design - it is already done:) And quick release system is being developed too:)

@Filthy did you calibrate IMU? It should help. It will not eliminate the problem completely and horizon drift is something much more complex to solve but for sure IMU calibration can help.

Filthy

@jakuban - I'll give the calibration a try again and see if it helps. I just noticed that the sample footage posted above seems to fair much better in dealing with horizon drift than on mine. But will try again. Thanks for responding!

oschefer

@oschefer - I have the same gimbal. Earlier version just before Jakub changed the dampening to the angled balls. Your footage looks great (especially for shooting blind). The first thing I did was to swap out the clamps for a quick release version so we can swap between two copters. I'd say overall I'm happy with it as well. We run either 1000 or 1300 4s lipos on it and they seem to go forever! Very efficient power-wise. Currently using GH4 and A7s (mostly GH4). I'm getting noticeable horizon drift during any yaw movements which the gimbal is very slow to react to. Can usually be correct when yawing the opposite direction. But happens in both 1 man and 2 man modes. Frustrating. Any chance you can share your profiles?

@Filthy - I'd be happy to share them. By profiles I am assuming some settings in the gimbal? Just need to clarify what you are looking for.

SamaraMedia

They should work just fine, I use them on a gimbal mount I made for my Tarot X6.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_2491.JPG
    IMG_2491.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_2506.JPG
    IMG_2506.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 497
  • IMG_2516.JPG
    IMG_2516.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 462

oschefer

They should work just fine, I use them on a gimbal mount I made for my Tarot X6.
Excellent thanks, good to know. I noticed you are using a similar video camera. What are you using to get an fpv view from that camera? I have a sony cx-130 it has a mini HDMI out but I need to convert that to something I can feed into a video tx. Is there a cable you found that works well for that? Also to control that video camera (start/stop/ zoom) are you using something like the camRemote or rc-shutter controls?

Well if there's one great thing about this forum it's the sharing of what people are using. I have been looking for those rail clamps and now I have found them. Thanks!

Filthy

@oschefer - Yes please. The profiles as loaded on the board now. Should be able to access them through the SimpleBGC software.
And you'll be fine with those clamps. I too use the same exact ones to swap between platforms. Not as trick as a toad in the hole attachment. But for this style of gimbal mount, no issues at all.

oschefer

@Filthy - here are screen shots of the settings. Are these what you were looking for? Only thing I chanced was to uncheck the follow yaw.

Attachments

• GimbalSettings AdvancedTab.png
    GimbalSettings AdvancedTab.png
    506.8 KB · Views: 506
  • GimbalSettings Encoders Tab.png
    GimbalSettings Encoders Tab.png
    504.3 KB · Views: 448
  • GimbalSettings FollowTab.png
    GimbalSettings FollowTab.png
    489 KB · Views: 484
  • GimbalSettings RCTab.png
    GimbalSettings RCTab.png
    501.1 KB · Views: 483
  • GimbalSettings ServiceTab.png
    GimbalSettings ServiceTab.png
    505.6 KB · Views: 899
  • GimbalSettings Initial.png
    GimbalSettings Initial.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 699

Filthy

Yup. Perfect. I'll have a closer look once I'm sitting with mine plugged in for comparison . Mahalos!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk