InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

Jakuban, would you recommend to use a Centerpiece or AM board with this gimbal?
This is a very good question. The last time I was using AM was about 7-8 months ago (due to cooperation with Phobotic). I can say that it has changed a lot now, for good. AM with encoders is just reliable and much better. It just work. It is installed in InfnityMR for about 2 weeks, not even once it went crazy. It works.
Phobotic, on the other hand, is also great controller. It delivers amazing accuracy and has much better GUI. But I had to say that encoder is AM, change the way you can play with gimbal. This is something that CP doesn't have.
I am in this good position that I can use both of them :) You have to decide on your own.
There are videos (on the first page), that you can download and compare.
What I've learned over last 2 years while building gimbals, is that you can have best controller, but if your gimbal mechanics is crap, than you will never get good results ( I am talking here about AM 32bit and CP; AM 8 bit is a different story...).

Jakuban, Have you done any modifications to the S900 to eliminate shake/vibration or is the s900 stock?
No. I use only orginal S900 damping and that's it. Of course there is also damping system on the gimbal. But it is quite rigid to eliminate only high freq vibrations.

Looks like we may have a contender for the BlackMagic mini cube ;)

I think that will be a sweet setup :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The CP doesn't utilize motor encoders. Not sure if this is something that Roee will even be working on. He seemed to be of the opinion that they did not offer a benefit for our applications (discussed in a post a while back).

I found this odd since the higher priced gimbals (complete hardware/software packages like Gremsy, Movi, etc) seem to be utilizing encoders. Doesn't mean those companies are correct, but it seems Jakub has found some value and good results here with them too.

jakuban

I've been talking with Roee, some time ago. He said something about utilizing encoders in the near future, but I don't know more.

jakuban

I did 35mm lens tests (calculating crop factor of GH4 that gives 80.5mm on full frame) and the footage is perfect. I will upload the footage tomorrow, when I will back to my office.

jakuban

This test was made on GH4 and 35mm lens. Calculating GH4 crop factor that gives 80.5mm on full frame!
Isn't that amazing?:)

Note the horizon level - it is perfect!

I was flying on S900 in ATTI mode, as you can see it was quite aggressive flight.
I am sure that if this test was made on different frame than S900 (frame that is a bit more stable and rigid) the performance would be 100% perfect. S900 is terrible, but still the best reference frame for all tests.

AlexMos w/Encoders

saenzm

Hi Jakuban, this last video is very good.
I have some questions
Does the AM with encoders comunicates with the fc?
Will it work with MK fc.
Does it have an hdmi converter?
Thank you

jakuban

Hi Jakuban, this last video is very good.
I have some questions
Does the AM with encoders comunicates with the fc?
Will it work with MK fc.
Does it have an hdmi converter?
Thank you
Thanks. Yes it is good. 80mm lens test...

What kind of communication do you mean? You want to use MK FC as second IMU source? Or jus you want to use RC?

Another question, does it have autotune feature?

AlexMos of course has autotuning feature. Actually I use it all the time in all my test. In general I run autotune for each axis separately. Results you can see on my all videos.

saenzm

I know that for example zenmuse gimbals have a connection to the fc and recieve data from it that helps in stabilization. So my question if your system also connects to the fc.

jakuban

True. In my configuration with AlexMos there are used two IMUs (one on camera shelf, second on gimbal frame) and three encoders responsible for stabilisation. And yes, you can connect your drone FC to even improve stabilisation.