InfinityMR Universal high performance gimbal for GH4/A7S size cameras

jakuban

I've just made a test with GoPro Hero 4 Black recorded in Narrow FOV (I like push the limits high)!
GoPro was installed in waterproof housing and mounted to camera shelf by using adhesive tape :) Camera weight + housing = only 170g!

I was pretty sure that there will be a huge jello, caused by S900 vibrations... So light camera set to Narrow FOV and so many vibrations coming from S900... But guess what? There was no jello at all, and the video is almost perfect. Just after AM autotuning! Probably in wide FOV and after some manual tweaking it would be even better.

I am really amazed how the gimbal performs, this is just crazy :)

You can download raw file if you wish...

1000687-1024x768.jpg

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Wait, didn't you design the gimbal? You shouldn't be amazed by your own handiwork!

"Of course there is no jello while flying upside down and hanging an elephant under the gimbal..." :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I understood :). I'm glad you're getting good results. I'll be following along. Hoping your production/release date holds.

jakuban

Of course I will not be able send all orders in one day, but shipping starts at May 15th, as it was said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry, maybe I was confused. Of course I didn't expect you'd be shipping all orders at once. I was reading this:

"Shipping might be delayed 15-20 days due to production process."

I thought that meant fabrication process, not shipping process.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing this in pilots hands - and wish you success.

econfly

I can't say I've seen everything, but so far this is looking like the best CP / Alexmos gimbal out there for the GH4 and smaller range. Great work!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I agree. The look of it is solid and still fairly compact. Looks to be a lively machine - congrats and good work!

jakuban

Thank you guys!
Of course I didn't say there is nothing (in terms of vibrations or shakes) on the last video. I did it just to show you that you can use this gimbal with smaller cameras like Nex5 or BMPCC. Please keep in mind that I did this test only after AM autotune, and I am not trying to do cheap marketing in here, I am just posting raw videos so you can judge on your own.

econfly

No gimbal is perfect. The horizon is an issue, but I'm just about convinced that is unsolvable without onboard GPS and/or integration with the flight controller (and even then just better, not perfect). What I like about your design is what appears to be easy adjustment and very solid construction. It also looks good, which never hurts...

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I still have a sony nex that I'd love to use. The fact that it's so cheap is a load off, stress wise. I get some cool video from it (good enough for me), and like to work my confidence in any rig up to my more expensive camera :)

Jakub, you may have mentioned but....

Can the gimbal be ordered with encoders, and just not used if running centerpiece?

jakuban

I still have a sony nex that I'd love to use. The fact that it's so cheap is a load off, stress wise. I get some cool video from it (good enough for me), and like to work my confidence in any rig up to my more expensive camera :)

Jakub, you may have mentioned but....

Can the gimbal be ordered with encoders, and just not used if running centerpiece?

Of course you can. You just don't connect encoders wires and that's it.
This is what is so nice in this gimbal you can use encoders, but you don't have to.

I agree, best non-Zenmuse, Movi results I've seen at that price point! Congrats.

Thanks! This is what I wanted to achieve.
It is really uplifting to hear that!

ovdt

Movi has horizon drift issue as well. Once it has satellites, it can perform good; but when you are indoors or have poor gps coverage, you will probably see it on the footage; and sometimes it's just horrible. Freefly released a new antenna for better GPS coverage and therefore a better horizon hold performance. I have yet to try it.

I only fly with Movi basically on every commercial job, simply because it is dependable, reliable and works everytime you turn it on. I also a gimbal with Phobotic CP HV, it performs good and I have it as a third back-up gimbal. It can't be a workhorse for me yet. If this InfinityMR gimbal with Alexmos and encoders are reliable solutions, I will give a chance to try again. I have lost too much faith on DIY stuff in the past.

But, this is the first gimbal with 3rd party controller which excites me. The constructions looks solid, and the design looks very well thought. If jakuban comes up with a bigger frame for big cameras, I would definitely buy and try.