FS700 shots

Benjamin,

What motors, prop, Lipo (4s? 5s?) combination are you using? As far as I see from the picture, you changed the props from APC SF to wood props? And what's your throttle percantage when you hover?

Thanks.

Props are Xoar 14x5. Lipo is 4s (pair of Maxamps 11,000). If I remember correctly, we were hovering at about 50% throttle.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

Hey Benjamin, we're over in the Middle East and running an AD8/200/360, can you elaborate a bit more on the stretch?? You mentioned longer carbon legs, can you share any additional details?? Thanks in advance for any help you're willing to share!

Hey Benjamin, we're over in the Middle East and running an AD8/200/360, can you elaborate a bit more on the stretch?? You mentioned longer carbon legs, can you share any additional details?? Thanks in advance for any help you're willing to share!

I'm running a Cinestar 3 axis gimbal. I made the forward arms on the gimbal longer by replacing the carbon fiber tubes with longer carbon fiber tubes. This gave me the clearance I needed for longer cameras like the FS700. I'm not sure what mods you'd need to make to an AV200 gimbal to fit this camera.

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke

Personally, I think you are planning to carry an FS700 with the wrong airframe, never mind the camera mount.

The standard AD-8 HLE, with 410mm booms and 12" props, was touted (on the official Droidworx spec sheet) to be a suitable platform for the Canon 5D. That equates to approximately 1.7kg with lens. Having purchased an AD-8 HLE on the strength of those recommendations I subsequently decided that it was operating too close to its safe limits with that payload and 'downgraded' the camera to a GH2. Happily, the GH2 delivers better results anyway so nothing much has been lost.

However, in the meantime Droidworx have changed their position somewhat and now say the AD-8 is not really suitable for carrying a 5D and instead recommend the NEX or GH2 as suitable cameras.

The FS700 weighs in at pretty close to 3kg with a decent lens. Add that to the 1300-1400g of the AV200/360 and you are way outside the AD-8 comfort zone. It will get off the ground but that is about all you can expect. Ask it to do more and you had better get some hefty insurance organised. If you really want to carry an FS700 you need a much bigger airframe.

Start with eight 14-15" props and work backwards.

Personally, I think you are planning to carry an FS700 with the wrong airframe, never mind the camera mount.

The standard AD-8 HLE, with 410mm booms and 12" props, was touted (on the official Droidworx spec sheet) to be a suitable platform for the Canon 5D. That equates to approximately 1.7kg with lens. Having purchased an AD-8 HLE on the strength of those recommendations I subsequently decided that it was operating too close to its safe limits with that payload and 'downgraded' the camera to a GH2. Happily, the GH2 delivers better results anyway so nothing much has been lost.

However, in the meantime Droidworx have changed their position somewhat and now say the AD-8 is not really suitable for carrying a 5D and instead recommend the NEX or GH2 as suitable cameras.

The FS700 weighs in at pretty close to 3kg with a decent lens. Add that to the 1300-1400g of the AV200/360 and you are way outside the AD-8 comfort zone. It will get off the ground but that is about all you can expect. Ask it to do more and you had better get some hefty insurance organised. If you really want to carry an FS700 you need a much bigger airframe.

Start with eight 14-15" props and work backwards.

Agreed.

Sanwa

I have a question about fs700. is it have anti-vibration like cx760 or nex5. my customer want fly with fs700 but i dont have any info of Fs700.
Thank!

SMP

Ok... thats not good. Wasn't aware of the downgrade. Will shelve this.

Anyone looking for a brand new AD6 & AD8 / trade for a Skyjib... :/ (not entirely exaggerating here - will sell one or the other RTF towards Jib build)

Last edited by a moderator:

Aviator

Closer to 6lbs. I was due to flight test one this afternoon to get gimbal balance etc. set up ready for a shoot on the weekend but it was just plain too heavy for an AD-8/AV200-360 setup - even when the Zeiss 18mm was swapped for the NEX 18-55mm. We're swapping it for an FS100 which knocks 600g off the weight. Testing it tomorrow. Hope it works, otherwise we're screwed for the Sunday shoot.

hmmm, make note for shopping list ... SkyJib.

FS100 is a nice bit of kit