• 845.jpg
    845.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 875
Last edited by a moderator:

Topflight

Check this out guys
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=845&productname=
View attachment 10628

Looks pretty cool... I would get them if I could somehow mount my AVroto's to them, but the holes are off. Avroto is 19 and 25mm holes..

Opinions?

Aerial Media Pros has an extension kit that makes your existing arms longer and you get Avroto motors with it. Will take up to 12" props, but they say 11" is the best. I switched my F550 over to them a couple of months ago. My current weight of the 550, with camera (Sony Nex5) gimbal and everything else is 7lbs 14 ounces and still has lots of power.

I have those actually.. with 11x7 SF props on it currently (not in pic). The problem is the DJI arms have allot of flex.. and i'd actually like to be able to fly 13 or 14 inch props, thinking of converting to 6s motors/packs.
View attachment 8279
maybe not... idk yet really. Pretty cool they made those arms though. They look more sturdy then the stock DJI F550 arms.

Attachments

• 2012-10-02_17-57-41_997.jpg
    2012-10-02_17-57-41_997.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 801

rwilabee

Topflight

I have those actually.. with 11x7 SF props on it currently (not in pic). The problem is the DJI arms have allot of flex.. and i'd actually like to be able to fly 13 or 14 inch props, thinking of converting to 6s motors/packs.
View attachment 10630
maybe not... idk yet really. Pretty cool they made those arms though. They look more sturdy then the stock DJI F550 arms.

ForcefulThrust
What make and frequency is your FPV? I see from the picture your transmitter is close to your GPS receiver. I have to have my transmitter below and aiming just right or I start to lose satellites (FC light goes from flashing green to green and red when I plug in the transmitter). I'm using 2.4 radio and separate power supply.

Topflight

What would be the benifits of longer arms?

Bigger prop capabilty?
Correct, longer arms give you the ability to put on larger props and larger motors for lifting capacity. My entire weight of the F550 including camera, battery, etc is just shy of 8 pounds and it is still very responsive. I'm getting 7 minutes flying time with a 4s 5000mah battery. This week I hope to put a second battery (same kind) wired in parallel and see what happens. Right now, flying hard, motors don't even get warm.

ROVguy

View attachment 10630

What camera mount do you have there? Id be very interested in going upto a F550 if I could mount my Nex5 onto it.

@topflight I use 2x5000mah 4s packs (in pic) and I'm getting maybe 10 min flights. The 11x7 SF props fly solid, and have lots of power.. But flight time really sucks. I did the ecalc with 6s, 350kv motors, and 15x5 props and I could get 17 min flights. 6s motors are really more efficient then 3-4s, use less amps. Weird thing about my vTx.. I use a 1w 1.2 on my f550. I have an f450-Y6 I tried the same vTx on, and I couldn't get gps lock. It worked fine on the F550 though, I think the few extra inches of space did the trick. I have a 2.4 vTx on order, I'm switching over.

@rovguy It's the Nex5 mount over at www.aeroxcraft.com Very good quality, but a little pricey. Overall I'm happy with it. I'm ROV'ing too actually..

Kilby

Does anyone know the length of these? I don't see it on the site. I have extended my arms, but these actually look a little bit longer. I designed mine to up the F550 to a full 65 cm from motor to motor (extra 10 cm). From the name of the product, you would think that it converts it to 80 cm, but from which frame plate since they are all different size? Would it be 80 cm when installed on a 550 frame?

Check this out guys
http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=845&productname=
View attachment 10628

Looks pretty cool... I would get them if I could somehow mount my AVroto's to them, but the holes are off. Avroto is 19 and 25mm holes..

Opinions?

Yeah it's 800mm motor to motor. Would let you fit up to 15" props. looks like a good cheap option.. I think the arms would be sturdy, they look pretty thick in the middle. The best part is I could continue to use my landing gear/gimbal easily. The bad part... is My frame would be so big It would be really hard to fit in my car lol. I'll have to upgrade to 40A esc's to use bigger props anyway, so the arms wouldn't help me much now. Maybe when I upgrade my esc's to 40A, thats probably next and working towards the 6s setup I want. Their frame looks reinforced in the middle too.

cademan

Thanks for the explanation. Ive heard that adding more weight to get more fly time is counteracting itself.

Is thia the case?

Sent from my fishing boat.

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I have the RCTimer 800 arms..... but haven't used them yet....
just be aware that they are designed in such a way that the S800 landing gear will not connect without significant modifications.

In some case the move up to larger props with the 22 pole pan style motors will actually reduce the current loading such that 40A ESCs might not be necessary.

Yeah it's 800mm motor to motor. Would let you fit up to 15" props. looks like a good cheap option.. I think the arms would be sturdy, they look pretty thick in the middle. The best part is I could continue to use my landing gear/gimbal easily. The bad part... is My frame would be so big It would be really hard to fit in my car lol. I'll have to upgrade to 40A esc's to use bigger props anyway, so the arms wouldn't help me much now. Maybe when I upgrade my esc's to 40A, thats probably next and working towards the 6s setup I want. Their frame looks reinforced in the middle too.

I ordered them, 40A ESC's, 320kv motors, and 15x6.5 props. I'll keep using my aeroxcraft gimbal/landing gear, and i'll use 2x5000mah 6s packs. I needed the 40A esc's becaue they allow for 6s packs, not really all the current. Hoping for 15-18 min flights