Naza - random yaw

jamienz

I have my Naza installed and running fairly well on my Gaui 500X. Only issue I am having is that in both manual and atti modes when I apply power or even just when hovering, ever now and then I get a left jerk on the yaw axis.

Also when I start flying I have to trim the quad completely to the right on the rudder control just so it hovers straight.

Any tips on how I can get rid of this??

I am pretty sure its not an ESC or motor problem as it flew fine on my GU 44 the day I swapped over to the NAZA...

iceman

Check all your motors are straight, I had one only ever so slightly canted by maybe 2 degrees and as soon as I applied power or forward flight it yawed, as soon as I straightened it the yawing stopped. You may also need to increase the yaw gain.

jamienz

Iceman - I think you might be onto something! The Gaui 500 has the motors canted to the left and right "to help with yaw control" but it does look like the motors are canted at different angles.

I will return them all to vertical and see if this solves my problem. Strange that the Gu44 was fine with it but then its a strange beast so who knows!

iceman

Have you tried setting the yaw gain higher, I run my WKM at 130 but prior to finding a motor canted I was running at 160 and it would hold. Good luck.

kloner

Aerial DP
mine is 130 too, nothing random

When your looking at the calibration screen, does the rudder bar shake or sit still? curious if the potis is dirty?