DJI WKM Firmware 5.12 Update

Vojec

Read all bad news that happen with 5.10 and 5.12 upgrade and I'm really scared to take off. Did you guys ever thought that all flights on GPS mode was maybe disrupted by strong solar activity, which was held in the Northern Hemisphere over the weekend-start on friday (normal level =1 but over weekend = 6). Even today it is still relatively strong solar activity level 4. I will remain on the ground with my octo, until it calms down...

EgonW3

On a slightly different subject (for those attempting to use EzUHF ppm) i emailed dji about the issue with mixed up ppm channels and received a reply that they are looking in to it - so hoping to have that resolved at some point in the future too…

What's a problem with EzUHF? I've upgraded my F550 with EzUHF, removed PPM->S-Bus converter and haven't noticed any problems with the receiver...

Last edited by a moderator:

Vojec

Attachments

• noaa_kp_3d.jpg
    noaa_kp_3d.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 281

HEX junky

I live in Germany and I've being testing both 5.10 and 5.12 as soon as they were released on my F550 and S800.....I've used RTH and POI repeatandly and I've had no issues as yet. I haven't got an Oct, so can't comment on those issues.
I wonder how big the problems really are, as you always see the same few names on this thread!!.....what's the bigger picture, I wonder?

I agree to HEX junky.
I haven't heard about hex a problems.
Some very ugly crashes from some users. But is this really the majority of 5.10/5.12 users?

Mods: what about a small survey?

Frank

Nono... I am not from DJI :)
I have also contributed to this discussion earlier ;)

AND I AM AFRAID ALSO!

But I know that some crashes cannot show the whole picture.
I need more info to decide wether I should downgrade to 5.08 or start trying 5.12

But I agree - the communication from DJI is really not the best.
In my main job (powerelectronics), I would be thrown out of the market if I would act like this...

Frank

Aviator

Is it only Octo users that are affected? we are the only ones using ports F1 and F2 as motor controllers?
I haven`t checked thouroughly? but I believe most of the issues are associated with Octo users?

plingboot

What's a problem with EzUHF? I've upgraded my F550 with EzUHF, removed PPM->S-Bus converter and haven't noticed any problems with the receiver...

I'm using EzUHF with DX8 - when set to PPM output and connected to wkm i'm finding that all the channels are mixed up.

There's no (obvious way) way to reassign the channels on the DX8.

I've read elsewhere that there is an established protocol for ppm channel numbering so either spektrum don't follow that or there's an issue with the wkm firmware (or i'm missing something obvious).

If you're not having issues and you're NOT using a spektrum radio with your EzUHF, then i suspect the issue is with the DX8 - in which case i'm not going to be able to use PPM.

…every time i find a reason to scrub a futaba radio from the shopping list another reason pops up to put it right back on there. :upset:

HEX junky

Let's please tone down the personal attacks gentlemen. thanks! Admin

By the way I bought my DJI products from a German dealer, I also tested my Zenmuse at their premises....if you watch my video posted on here then you can even see which dealer.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I'm using EzUHF with DX8 - when set to PPM output and connected to wkm i'm finding that all the channels are mixed up.

I've read elsewhere that there is an established protocol for ppm channel numbering so either spektrum don't follow that or there's an issue with the wkm firmware (or i'm missing something obvious).

If you're not having issues and you're NOT using a spektrum radio with your EzUHF, then i suspect the issue is with the DX8 - in which case i'm not going to be able to use PPM.

…every time i find a reason to scrub a futaba radio from the shopping list another reason pops up to put it right back on there. :upset:

Got to admit to being clueless on EZUHF.. what is it and why would you use it when you have a DX8 and Y6?

As far as I am concerned both my ADX3 (Y6) MRs have been transformed by 5.12. BUT I am down grading my F450 back to 5.02 on which it really is the dogs jobber.

Every time I here about crashes my hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I am so sorry to here of any crash but @ Denny 2 in one day have to really make you look back at that SR machine!

Sorry to all who have suffered via this firmware version. PLEASE keep your reports coming to allow everyone to make an informed decision wether to upgrade or not. I think maybe DJI have rushed in to this under pressure to keep up the performance enhancements.

I totally agree on beta releases being sent out to testers with machines underwritten by DJI if things go wrong.

Dave

EgonW3

I use futaba 9CAP with EzUHF and it works perfect, so it may be problem between DX8 and EzUHF TX. In my Futaba you cannot reassign main channels so I am using default. No difference between PWM, PPM SUM and external PPM->S-Bus converter.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I found a folder of old DJI woo-chang firmwares. if anyone needs the older versions, gimme a PM. I can email them to you. Looks like I have all the way back to 1.20

MaNDoWn

Registered MR Crasher
Be very carefull if you fly the new fw 5.12

I think I was the lucky 1st one to report a crash with the new 5.12 fw. I don't know how its affecting other craft but I know octos are taking a hit! What I can say is I have the newer model wk-m and I fly my October in the "I" formation. The issue I had was my octo took a hard left. I then lost all motors and it fell back to earth. I'm on my phone right now but I will chime back in when I get home.
I would advise EVERYONE to use care if you're flying 5.12 and to ground your bird if you have an octo. Or revert back to the older software.
Happy flights everyone.

Aviator

I think I was the lucky 1st one to report a crash with the new 5.12 fw. I don't know how its affecting other craft but I know octos are taking a hit! What I can say is I have the newer model wk-m and I fly my October in the "I" formation. The issue I had was my octo took a hard left. I then lost all motors and it fell back to earth. I'm on my phone right now but I will chime back in when I get home.
I would advise EVERYONE to use care if you're flying 5.12 and to ground your bird if you have an octo. Or revert back to the older software.
Happy flights everyone.
My Octo is using a custom motor config that I wrote, as originally I was going to use the APM2 and hardwired everything for that? so rather than redo everything I just wrote a custom motor config instead.. So probably nothing to do with config? just Octo
I did send DJI an email with a diagram to ask what they reccomend the motor mix to be when the problems started, just to make sure I had configured it right? but still have no reply? and as it seems to be functioning correctly I was not too bothered that they dont care to reply..
But on the same note I have also emailed Photohigher at the same time about servo jitter and movement on the Skyline RSGS, and they haven`t bothered replying either? maybe it is just something with this field? if so I need to change my game plan and clean up with good customer service..

@mods:

Might it be an idea to start a survey/vote?

Problems with octo
Problems with Hexa
Problems with quattro
no problems with octo
no problems with hexa
no problems with quattro
do not use 5.12

would be the best chance to get the full picture

Frank